Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tall Terri View Post

WHY is this person still working there?
    I can only assume as I said above it's due to them selling the property and not wanting the headache of restaffing. If I had any say so they would of been gone long ago as well as a few others.

Comment

How large is a 10x20 storage unit... approx the size of a single car garage.....
      I see, so how big is that ?

Comment

Some people honestly have no comprehension of size.. Can't count how many people i've tried telling a specific size will NOT work for what they're telling me and they insist on seeing it, get to the unit and *oh my, this is too small*

Comment

Time for the ever popular storage facility chainsaw to come out and cut all items into firewood size pieces to stack in the small unit and then it all fits.
          "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
            Time for the ever popular storage facility chainsaw to come out and cut all items into firewood size pieces to stack in the small unit and then it all fits.
            Hah I literally told a young girl that once.. at a site in Florida we have 4x4x5 locker units. She insisted her mattress would fit, after a few back and forths I finally told her unless she wanted to borrow my chainsaw and cut it into pieces it is NOT going to fit. She still refused and rented the unit. And of course came back in later that day when trying to move in needing to transfer to a bigger unit. Charged her the transfer fee I normally would of waived when it's same day as a courtesy plus magically had nothing available that was "close" to what she needed and told her all I had was one 2x bigger than what she needed and got the higher priced unit rented.

Comment

That is why when I hear the most popular request when a prospective tenant calls in and asks if I have ANY units available, the next words out of my mouth is, "Do you know what size unit you are looking for?" When they then come back with "anything you have", I tell them I will need to know what is going in the unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Orkocean View Post
                Yeah.. I think almost any company you would be fired for that... The site is up for sale though so all I can fathom is they don't want the headache of firing/restaffing when they're fielding offers currently. Let the next person toss em during the takeover like most companies do.
                Where's that one at?
                --
                Ron

http://n6ach.com
                http://laws.n6ach.com
                ron.v@n6ach.com

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
                  That is why when I hear the most popular request when a prospective tenant calls in and asks if I have ANY units available, the next words out of my mouth is, "Do you know what size unit you are looking for?" When they then come back with "anything you have", I tell them I will need to know what is going in the unit.
                  Ugh, the "anything you have" statement is the worst. To me, it's the "I'm being evicted/moving and can't take everything where I'm staying" comment and means I'll only see one or two payments from them before they drop off the earth.
                  Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

Exactly. Red flags are there if you listen close enough.

Comment

Just 2 weeks ago I had an 5x10 online rental show up with a completely full 10 ft U Haul, and a full size pick up truck full of stuff. When I went out to meet them at the loading dock I asked them to come look at the unit as I felt their belongings would not fit. Oh no, they assured me it would. OK then.... I mozied back to the office and waited. About an hour after arriving, and I could see them on the camera trying to unpack and repack to make stuff fit- it was obvious there was no way it was going to work, they came in and asked for a larger unit. When i told them the price for the larger unit, their heads about exploded. But we only have $xx to spend! Well, sorry kiddo, there was a diagram online showing you what would fit into that size unit. Do you want the larger one or not? They refused it, and said they would have to look elsewhere- when I told them good luck with that, and btw we dont do refunds- It got really fun in here. They ended up taking more than half of their things to the Goodwill store upstairs just so it would all fit into the 5x10. LOL
                      You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

I am sorry but if I knew what size they rented and saw what they said would fit I would be afraid of problems and drama and damage to the unit trying to make it all fit. I would not have let them even get to the unit but that is just me. Glad it worked out.

Comment

You just gotta love how some tenants act like we don't what we're talking about.
                          Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

One of those questions that would really be a moment of awkward silence for me. But to be honest, I think I have those brain fart moments myself as age creeps up. I reckon that I need to check back into my self storage manuals for standard of procedure every once in a while to make sure that I'm not getting ahead of myself or that I'm not getting too cocky about what I think I know!

Comment

Originally posted by StephenGiderson View Post
                              One of those questions that would really be a moment of awkward silence for me. But to be honest, I think I have those brain fart moments myself as age creeps up. I reckon that I need to check back into my self storage manuals for standard of procedure every once in a while to make sure that I'm not getting ahead of myself or that I'm not getting too cocky about what I think I know!
                              Ah, if only I was perfect! That would be awesome, of course I'd be unbearable about it, but perfection requires sacrifice..lol
                              90% of what you're stressing about now won't even be relevant in a year. Breathe easy. ~Wesley Snipes

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by ams View Post

Where's that one at?
                                Hey Ron, just now getting back to catching up on items from moving and all, actually up in Stockton myself now. It was in Madera but they have decided to keep them now and finally considering a staffing change for the issue one as they realize the property is fine and good to have and it's the staff that's causing the lack of growth they are wanting that had them considering the sale.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X