Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad review for something that didn't happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG, So Just now, I received a phone call from a representative from Yelp.com. The lady on the phone said she wanted to help us add photo's and show us how to use the page. First of all, I was hesitant to talk to her because i was concerned it was a scam. I told her that I didn't have the time to go through it, and i was unaware that we even claimed our business on Yelp, but if she could send me an email, I would look into it. She then said it wouldn't take long and to go to Yelp.com. I again said I didn't have the time, and my Computer/Internet wasn't working at the moment. After about the 3rd time telling her that I cant go online, I said "how do you expect me to do that without a working computer or internet?" she rudely said "I know you have a smart Phone." At that point i hung up on her.

Comment

Yelp staff are horrible. I've had the same run in at 2 sites on the phone with a "Jeremy" who I guess handles our area. First time I gave him the courtesy of my time as I wasn't busy and we ended up getting into it over their review criteria and how I didn't feel they treated reviews correctly and it seems to be a "pay to win" scenario. This last time I recognized him and just tried saying i'm interested, it's a sales call so no thank you as i'm busy. The guy would not stop, constantly going off how I just don't want new business and don't understand the value they can offer yada yada.. Told him i've said it as nicely as I can, not gonna happen and hung up on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Orkocean View Post
        Yelp staff are horrible. I've had the same run in at 2 sites on the phone with a "Jeremy" who I guess handles our area. First time I gave him the courtesy of my time as I wasn't busy and we ended up getting into it over their review criteria and how I didn't feel they treated reviews correctly and it seems to be a "pay to win" scenario. This last time I recognized him and just tried saying i'm interested, it's a sales call so no thank you as i'm busy. The guy would not stop, constantly going off how I just don't want new business and don't understand the value they can offer yada yada.. Told him i've said it as nicely as I can, not gonna happen and hung up on him.
        Jeremy was a PIA, he'd call several times a day and I eventually blocked their number. This was after multiple requests not to call AND the owner calling them several times to ask that they not call. He was the 2nd person, the first was a female who I had to block also.
        AmyLou

Comment

I put my Yelp salespeople in my contact list on my iPhone so that I know to ignore those calls.

Comment

There will always be people like that, unfortunately. The only thing that you could probably do about it is reply directly to that review and apologise for his experience, blahblahblah, offer compensation and find out what exactly is getting this guy's panties in a bunch. If you can't recall the situation, then it's the next best thing to do to find out precisely what he's so unhappy about..
            Paul Chau
            http://supercheapselfstorage.com.au/...e-south-perth/

Comment

I had someone give our facility 2 out 5 stars and comment "too expensive". Something about their profile picture and username made my troll radar go off. So I looked at their Google review account and it WAS someone who was trolling! They were posting multiple reviews all over WA within minutes of each other. But they never posted a review for any of the other storage facilities in our town. It really pissed me off! I reported and flagged the posts but Google never removed it. It irritates me that someone would think that's okay and funny to do...just to earn points that probably don't mean anything anyway
              Last edited by Bella_Lindemann; 11th July 2019, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Storman
                Reply to The dangers of those rental trucks in the wrong hands
                by Storman
                I'm sure it was bad, but I couldn't watch that video for more than 10 seconds. I need a dramamine.
                Today, 12:16 AM
              • Orkocean
                Reply to new to storage
                by Orkocean
                My father didn't talk about his vietnam days, all I know is he was a gunner in heli's and per my mother telling me stories as a kid he had 2 guns when most had one.. *shrug*... As far as my brother i'm not sure what his role was on the ship, it was late 90's early 2000's timeframe and I recall he went...
                Yesterday, 08:19 PM
              • MamaDuke
                Reply to new to storage
                by MamaDuke
                My father was on the flight deck of the Kitty Hawk during Vietnam. Squadron, vf-213 F4's.

Small world!...
                Yesterday, 08:01 PM
              Working...
              X