Exciting auction! Needed 3 bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exciting auction! Needed 3 bodies

but only had one, and we had NO tenants at the facility. Then a tenant showed up and I dragooned him, then we had someone from the apartments across the street. 3 bodies-auction commenced!

We made $4.75.

sigh.
    When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

All the more reason to switch to online auctions.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Yep, that's almost as bad as my last on-site auction...but I made $10. Then I switched to Storage Treasures and it made a huge difference.
      MamaDuke

Comment

I think it's a good idea-but I don't make the decisions for that.
        When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

Comment

They should call us or anyone they trust that does the online auctions to see the benefits.

Comment

If they insist on sticking to live auctions you need to build that audience up it sounds like. Join local facebook groups, advertise it, let local mom and pop thrift store type places know about it, make sure flyers are up in office well ahead of time as usually a few tenants will show if they know even just to be lookie loos. I've never not had enough people show for an in person auction at one of my facilities, been close when I was sent to other sites in the company to conduct theirs for them though. It's really fun when you show up to a site to be their auctioneer that you've never been to before and the only staff is someone who started 30 mins prior and someone that's been there 2 days and the manager is walking out the door to go on a trip she's had planned for quite awhile but didn't think to bring it up to anyone else. A nice little cluster f... of trying to get everything in order and look over all of their files before I started the auction. Oh how I don't miss the days working for that unorganized company..

Comment

Agreed on the local facebook group for marketing auctions. I had about 20 people show up to my last auction thanks to that.

Comment

We are just starting to do online auctions, I'm a little nervous about it. Still not sure who I am going to go with. Our last auction the auctioneer forgot to schedule us. We had enough people but they were all local's so it was pretty dismal. He didn't even charge us for it. O well. at least we got our units back!
                "I don't understand your specific kind of crazy but I do admire your total commitment to it!"

Comment

Originally posted by blazer View Post
                  We are just starting to do online auctions, I'm a little nervous about it. Still not sure who I am going to go with. Our last auction the auctioneer forgot to schedule us. We had enough people but they were all local's so it was pretty dismal. He didn't even charge us for it. O well. at least we got our units back!
                  Try Bid13. Nothing but good things to say about them and very easy to use and they do not charge the facility.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X