No announcement yet.

Gate Codes for Dummies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It never ceases to amaze me how a tenant will make the decision to store items and pay for that privilege and know it is a secure facility and then do not make the decision to feel the importance of keeping and remembering the gate code to get to those items. You buy a car or a house and those involve a whole new set of things to do and remember. Same with storage.

The items you are storing are YOUR ITEMS you idiot! You are gonna want to REMEMBER how to get in to get to them.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

We all have so many phone numbers, PIN numbers and other #'s to remember. I give them a computer generated code, write it down on the back of the business card which has instructions, tell them to take a picture of it, and when through with the rental agreement I walk them out to the keypad and have them try it. Yeah, they still can't remember it. I watch them on the DVR from the apartment.

I have written the code down wrong in the past and I want to make sure they know that they are doing. Gate code.jpg If the code gets lost it is on them. Credit cards get lost too so secure your numbers. I won't give it out over the phone either so come in with ID or you don't get it.
      The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

I used to let tenants choose their own codes, but some still had issues remembering. Oh well.
        Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• MamaDuke
          Reply to Death of a tenant question
          by MamaDuke
          Different states have different laws. In CA, there is a legal form to be completed and notarized, or they must have the proper court documents. In the meantime, we overlock the space to ensure that no one gets access until we have the proper paperwork.

We don't want the son to come next...
          Today, 12:18 PM
        • dakselfstorage
          Reply to Where Would You Live?
          by dakselfstorage
          Just spent two nights on the outer edge of Kerrville at a Super 8. It was actually one of the nicer 8's we've stayed in. We did the three twisted sisters near there.
          Love the entire area....
          Today, 12:17 PM
        • pacnwstorage
          Reply to Death of a tenant question
          by pacnwstorage
          IMO, after seeing the certified death certificate and legal paperwork that gives her control of the mother-in-law unit belongings, she can have her name put on the unit and linked to her units. If you wish you can of course reference the mother-in-laws name somewhere on the unit.
          Today, 10:12 AM
        Working...
        X