Enter the DRAMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enter the DRAMA

Okay-former tenant rents again with a friend. Friend is also ALT, owns a landscape business. So far no red flags (former tenant is pretty chill, rents and leaves pretty much). He of course, also gets the code and key from tenant.

Today I come in and there is a bunch of broken wood, in front of the office, which on closer inspection looks like a cabinet in many pieces. It's A LOT, and I'm mad as a wet hen. I investigate and look at the cameras and pinpoint it to the ALT.

I call tenant and leave a voicemail and then text her my unhappiness. An hour later the ALT comes and I then read him the riot act and let him know it NEVER better happen again.

Tenant comes in and I still have the still from the video on the camera so she can see why I complained, and she HITS the roof. Apparently the ALT let in a person against whom she has a restraining order against. AND they put their lock on the unit. She calls the cops.

Very nice officer calls me and asks WTH. I tell him what I know and he sighs and says he'll arrive shortly. Apparently the other person filed a theft report against my tenant-so this is what we call a CIVIL MATTER.

Turns out the lock had a key with it (why?) so she threw away that lock, I gave her a new one and she changed the code and removed the ALT.

Officer gave me a commiserating smile and left.

It's my Friday, people. I'm already 1000% done with this day.

When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

Rents again with a friend? Do you allow more than one person on the lease? Or the alt is just allowed in because the one tenant on the lease allows this? People out there are just nut jobs and you had another occurrence of this with these people. More problems coming. Whoever is responsible for the wood should be barred from the facility.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
      Rents again with a friend? Do you allow more than one person on the lease? Or the alt is just allowed in because the one tenant on the lease allows this? People out there are just nut jobs and you had another occurrence of this with these people. More problems coming. Whoever is responsible for the wood should be barred from the facility.
      HE no longer has code or key. So if he shows he's going to be told to get lost.
      When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

Comment

Get lost and stay lost with yourself. I still feel as "baby boomers" kids get older the family dynamic is messed up more and more and their kids have the crazy idea that whatever they want to do is either ok or will have to be accepted as ok.

Sometimes with these people there is no filter as to what is the accepted norm.
        Last edited by pacnwstorage; 3rd October 2019, 05:55 PM.
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Ha-she moved everything out and is GONE! That takes care of the shenanigans!

WA State

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KDLnk
            Reply to Personality Traits
            by KDLnk
            Clean - I have a bit of an OCD problem when it comes to my property.
            Polite - Customers are treated like family (but that doesn't mean you get your way as there are laws and policies that must be followed)
            Never Stands Still - Always something to do so when we are not in the office, there...
            Today, 02:20 PM
          • MamaDuke
            Reply to Death of a tenant question
            by MamaDuke
            Different states have different laws. In CA, there is a legal form to be completed and notarized, or they must have the proper court documents. In the meantime, we overlock the space to ensure that no one gets access until we have the proper paperwork.

We don't want the son to come next...
            Today, 12:18 PM
          • dakselfstorage
            Reply to Where Would You Live?
            by dakselfstorage
            Just spent two nights on the outer edge of Kerrville at a Super 8. It was actually one of the nicer 8's we've stayed in. We did the three twisted sisters near there.
            Love the entire area....
            Today, 12:17 PM
          Working...
          X