Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Your Fault My Phone Got Shut Off...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Your Fault My Phone Got Shut Off...

Yep. Today was lock cut day in my home state. When I finally got back to the office and began filling out the remaining paperwork, the phone rang. It was one of the customers we cut the lock off of due to non-payment. We'll call her Diane. Diane begins to give me the same story she gave me two months ago just before the lock cut to say that her phone got shut off and that's why we couldn't reach her by phone, email and text to inform her of her past-due account. I told Diane that we reached out to her daughter (her secondary contact) to ask her to reach out to mom. She said she spoke with her daughter and sent her with money but because we wouldn't take a partial payment, she doesn't know what her daughter did with the cash and she [daughter] can't remember either. But, here's the funny part...Diane tells me that her rent and coverage - along with additional charges is to expensive and that if we didn't charge so much, she could afford her storage, and her phone, and food for she and her four at-home children. Excuse me, but didn't you tel me when you moved in that this was the best price you had seen yet and that you would "never be late." I didn't force your hand in signing the contract or selecting the highest price coverage, or the most expensive lock, or...It's not my phone your phone got shut off, that's yours. It's yours and yours alone. Its your responsibility to learn to budget so you can pay for your wants, not your needs. **Rant over. Insert mic drop here.

Again I say and you referenced it, "Storage is a want and not a need".

Her own bad choices and what sounds like a thief for a daughter, is why she is where she is.

I did not used to but every time I talk to any tenant I now tell them that I will document our conversation in tenant notes for the unit.

None of this, "I didn't say this or that". Deny all you want but I know as per my notes what your M/O is.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
      Again I say and you referenced it, "Storage is a want and not a need".

Her own bad choices and what sounds like a thief for a daughter, is why she is where she is.

I did not used to but every time I talk to any tenant I now tell them that I will document our conversation in tenant notes for the unit.

None of this, "I didn't say this or that". Deny all you want but I know as per my notes what your M/O is.
      I do the same thing...

Comment

Some people just can't be helped. I have a grown man in his 60's that throws little hissy fits on the occasions he has to pay a late fee. If you can't afford food and your phone bill, you need to sell the stuff in your storage and seriously downsize or stop renting all together. With all the excuses I've heard, that story may just be nothing but a story.
        A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Comment

Ugh, the ones who say "I gave money to so-and-so to pay you" are the worst. I love how tenants blame us for their problems. Just like when I was bank teller and a few customers would blame us, the teller, for their overdrawn bank account.
          Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

Entitlement has no age restrictions...
            AmyLou

Comment

Originally posted by DairyGirl View Post
              Ugh, the ones who say "I gave money to so-and-so to pay you" are the worst. I love how tenants blame us for their problems. Just like when I was bank teller and a few customers would blame us, the teller, for their overdrawn bank account.
              We get those too, occasionally.
              When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by AmyLou View Post
                Entitlement has no age restrictions...
                And, as I have said many times, it gets worse and worse every day. I have no patience with "entitled" people and I know I have made that clear here and at my facility.
                "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by DairyGirl View Post
                  Yes, it is MY fault so-and-so never brought in the money for YOUR unit.
                  MamaDuke

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post

And, as I have said many times, it gets worse and worse every day. I have no patience with "entitled" people and I know I have made that clear here and at my facility.
                    I don't have patience for them either.
                    AmyLou

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KDLnk
                      Reply to Personality Traits
                      by KDLnk
                      Clean - I have a bit of an OCD problem when it comes to my property.
                      Polite - Customers are treated like family (but that doesn't mean you get your way as there are laws and policies that must be followed)
                      Never Stands Still - Always something to do so when we are not in the office, there...
                      Today, 02:20 PM
                    • MamaDuke
                      Reply to Death of a tenant question
                      by MamaDuke
                      Different states have different laws. In CA, there is a legal form to be completed and notarized, or they must have the proper court documents. In the meantime, we overlock the space to ensure that no one gets access until we have the proper paperwork.

We don't want the son to come next...
                      Today, 12:18 PM
                    • dakselfstorage
                      Reply to Where Would You Live?
                      by dakselfstorage
                      Just spent two nights on the outer edge of Kerrville at a Super 8. It was actually one of the nicer 8's we've stayed in. We did the three twisted sisters near there.
                      Love the entire area....
                      Today, 12:17 PM
                    Working...
                    X