Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Stop blowing up my phone!"

Ah, the joy of collection calls. Actual SMS reply I just received:
    “I am at a temp job. My phone blowing up isn't going to get me a second day. I have no money,I busy Gabe yippy everything I had last week. I'll pay as soon as I can buy food!!!"

Apparently 1 voicemail and 1 text are considered "blowing up" one's phone these days (that is, if it's someone you don't want to hear from)

Of course I immediately called her to apologize for doing my job. What was I thinking?! /sarcasm

Another guy I actually got on the phone flipped out about the late fee, even though we had the identical conversation last month when I also had suggested that he sign up for AutoPay, which he had neglected to do. He demanded that I waive the fee and if I did he'd pay right then. I reminded him as I already told him last time that his fee had been waived multiple times in the past (should only have been once) and therefore I could not do so again. He proceeded to rant and rave some more with some profanity thrown in for extra drama. In the end, he paid and threatened to move out (wanted to say don't let the door hit you on the way out . . . but didn't ).

I'd have far more sympathy for these types of people if they would take the initiative to call US and keep US up to date on their situation, but they don't, so we have to. So don't get mad at us for taking the initiative because you can't get your life together.

Ahhhh, the entitled masses. They both can pound sand. As I have said many many times, "Storage is a want and not a need". Can't pay then get the hell out.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

And here I am annoyed that our former company who we setup automated emails in sitelink to go every other day from day 1 as reminders did not process the reminders or even call us about our account back in TX even after the late fee hit. Pretty bad when you forget your own unit when you're making past due calls daily to your own tenants lol. Didn't feel comfortable saving my CC to be autobill with that company but this one time being past due was enough to make me set it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Orkocean View Post
        And here I am annoyed that our former company who we setup automated emails in sitelink to go every other day from day 1 as reminders did not process the reminders or even call us about our account back in TX even after the late fee hit. Pretty bad when you forget your own unit when you're making past due calls daily to your own tenants lol. Didn't feel comfortable saving my CC to be autobill with that company but this one time being past due was enough to make me set it up.
        Isn't it nice to be normal like we are? Here's the problem, let's employ a solution. Apparently some tenants don't want a solution. I don't get it.

A couple months ago I got hit with a late fee on my credit card, which I always pay off in full before a payment is due . . . except for some reason I dropped the ball. Like you did with your unit, I immediately set up AutoPay on it so if I happened to screw up again, I wouldn't have to worry about a late charge. I didn't call my credit card company ranting and raving and demanding the fee be waived. Life goes on.

Comment

A couple years back I was doing collection calls from my naughty list and sure enough, there I was. I put myself on auto pay after that. I really don't want to pay that late fee again. When I discuss late fees with customers, I describe them as early and often, so make sure you pay on time.
          A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Comment

I once had a guy come in the office ranting that I did not collect hard enough so he should have to pay late fees. My wife loved my answer. I said, "two things, number one is if you ever come in here ranting like that again we will terminate your lease, second, I ain't yo momma." He is still there and always pays on time with a smile.

Comment

Originally posted by Bighank View Post
              I once had a guy come in the office ranting that I did not collect hard enough so he should have to pay late fees. My wife loved my answer. I said, "two things, number one is if you ever come in here ranting like that again we will terminate your lease, second, I ain't yo momma." He is still there and always pays on time with a smile.
              Reminds me of a tenant I had once that claimed he didn't owe rent for that month because we had failed to email him an invoice. Nice try...(actually not really).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X