Vacates Without Notice Hurts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by letsgosonics View Post

Yes we are leaning towards that solution. But everyone that already has a lease wouldn't fall under that rule, thus just the new ones. Then it would be trying to figure out who is who at the 1st of the month and with over 400 units it would be a challenge. So far this is the only solution we have really considered.
    The lease should be able to be modified as long as you give at least xx days of notice in writing (usually 30). But you'd definitely want to run the contractual amendment by a lawyer to be sure it's all worded correctly before just sending it out.

Comment

An addendum to the current lease works as well. Unless the state statutes say no.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Yes and addendum would work, but pulling it off and getting all 300+ people to sign it with stricter rules would take forever if not be impossible. We don't really want to lose customers over it.

Comment

I meant for all newer tenants. Instead of having to change all your current leases. IMO, all you have to do is hand a copy of the addendum to new tenants and I would assume that when you move in there has to be a way to pick the date that the lock out takes place on. May have to call your software provider to set that up. Or, you will have to handle each unpaid tenant separately on late day.
          "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Yes and addendum would work, but pulling it off and getting all 300+ people to sign it with stricter rules would take forever if not be impossible. We don't really want to lose customers over it.
            Would it need to be signed, though? Maybe this differs depending on the jurisdiction, but I didn't think it would be any different than a rate increase, which we don't need signed to put into effect. It may also depend on the wording of the original contact.

Comment

Originally posted by RMRSS View Post

Would it need to be signed, though? Maybe this differs depending on the jurisdiction, but I didn't think it would be any different than a rate increase, which we don't need signed to put into effect. It may also depend on the wording of the original contact.
              No. You can update the property rules for ALL tenants by posting them in the office for 30 days. And anything financial, you mail a letter out 30 days ahead stating the new rates or fees.
              MamaDuke

Comment

Yes we are leaning towards that solution. But everyone that already has a lease wouldn't fall under that rule, thus just the new ones. Then it would be trying to figure out who is who at the 1st of the month and with over 400 units it would be a challenge. So far this is the only solution we have really considered.
                No No!
                You put together a letter and/or an email and notify all of your tenants that there is a new policy in town and that it will take effect in 30 days!
                Notice for a new policy and procedure, an addendum if you will.

Please be advised that your due date is XYZ of each month.
                Going forward we will now be denied access to all tenants who are 1 day late.
                Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
                Something like this.
                Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Most software keeps accounts that owe money for a while. We have added the month's rent they owed by not giving us the required notice when the people come back to rent. Even if we waive it, it let's them know we are serious about requiring notice. We have never had someone do it twice.
                  --
                  Ron

http://n6ach.com
                  http://laws.n6ach.com
                  [email protected]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Kevin SC
                    Reply to Interesting idea
                    by Kevin SC
                    I love it Storagelady!

Create separate discounts in your software so you can track each moving company's performance in your reports too.
                    Today, 01:26 AM
                  • Storagelady898
                    Interesting idea
                    by Storagelady898
                    So I dont like the idea of running specials personally because people are absolutely crazy. BUT I had an interesting idea, wanted to see if others had any experience with this. Taking coupons ( say $10 off sign up or whatever) and taking them to uhaul places, realtors and property management companies...
                    Yesterday, 10:20 PM
                  • Storagelady898
                    Reply to Pest and Bug protection kit
                    by Storagelady898
                    We put bait stations in every empty unit and refill the bait. Also we spray the insides with bug stuff. I wouldn't trust a tenant to do it. I let the tenants know this when they rent a unit to not be alarmed if they see it, "we dont have a mouse problem and we dont want a mouse problem. And we...
                    Yesterday, 10:13 PM
                  Working...
                  X