Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just when you think you've heard every complaint...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just when you think you've heard every complaint...

...someone proves you wrong. Older man comes in to pay his bill - hand me is card. I swipe it, and ask him if the billing address is the same as his address on file.

Customer: "Uh, no, now why are you asking me for that? Why are we doing this. I've never been asked that before anywhere!"
    Me: "We're required to enter it in order to process your card"
    Customer: "It's a debit card - it doesn't require a billing address."
    Me: "Well, what address does your bank have for your accou..."
    Customer: (cuts me off and curtly states the billing address). "That's just another inconvenience. I use this card all the time and never have to give a billing address."
    Me: "Well, the system runs every card as credit. Notice how you didn't enter a PIN.
    Customer (with a sarcastic tone): "Oh, I see, so it's an issue with your system; it's an issue with your company..." (and then went on some more with similar drivel)

I don't even think this miserable person realized that they just wasted 10x as much time as it would have taken to give me the flipping billing address without arguing like a toddler. Thank God it's almost closing time. I can't take much more today.

I am sooooo lucky. None of my tenants give me grief like this. I think it is the "Dead Man's Stare" I give them.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

I once had a woman come in to buy boxes and when I asked for the same thing, she pitched a fit and left.
      Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post
        I once had a woman come in to buy boxes and when I asked for the same thing, she pitched a fit and left.
        See, even grown ups that are supposed to be adults, now act like a little kid and throw a tantrum. Snowflake cry babies, the lot of 'em!
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post
          Wow. What bad thing do they imagine is going to happen? I don't get it. Another "special" case I had some years ago was a walk-in merchandise purchase who walked out because we didn't accept personal checks from non-tenants - said we were implying he was "dishonest" by having that policy (as if we're supposed to know him from Adam). Some people are constantly looking for reasons to be a victim, even if it means they make a fool of themselves with their display or irrationality.

Comment

This is for THEIR security, too! It helps the bank and us to confirm that they are who they say they are!!!
            MamaDuke

Comment

Originally posted by RMRSS View Post

Wow. What bad thing do they imagine is going to happen? I don't get it. Another "special" case I had some years ago was a walk-in merchandise purchase who walked out because we didn't accept personal checks from non-tenants - said we were implying he was "dishonest" by having that policy (as if we're supposed to know him from Adam). Some people are constantly looking for reasons to be a victim, even if it means they make a fool of themselves with their display or irrationality.
              Yeah, we got burned by a scammer with a check-a nicely dressed African American woman, kiddo in the car, a late model white BMW with custom wheels, came in and 'bought' $100 worth of boxes. Her check bounced. Turns out she'd hit two other facilities as well. No more checks from non tenants.
              Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• wc1974
                Reply to How to get out of an online rental
                by wc1974
                Are your units overlocked until rented, or do they have a way to access them via kiosk or other way? We keep our vacant units locked, so even if they rent online they still cant access building without a code, and if they successfully follow someone in, the unit is locked so they cant just move in without...
                Today, 01:10 PM
              • Amy_ISS
                Reply to Topics ISS Should Address
                by Amy_ISS
                Perhaps. That data is like gold and many vendors want to get paid to provide it. We do have some contributors who might be willing to offer insight....
                Today, 01:07 PM
              • RMRSS
                Reply to How to get out of an online rental
                by RMRSS
                This is why I hate online rentals. I prefer to vet everyone at least over the phone before any money changes hands. But like others have said, just void their payment (if same-day) and delete the payment from their ledger in your management software or credit it (if it is in a closed batch). It's...
                Today, 12:54 PM
              Working...
              X