Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just when you think you've heard every complaint...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KrisinWA
    replied
    Originally posted by RMRSS View Post

Wow. What bad thing do they imagine is going to happen? I don't get it. Another "special" case I had some years ago was a walk-in merchandise purchase who walked out because we didn't accept personal checks from non-tenants - said we were implying he was "dishonest" by having that policy (as if we're supposed to know him from Adam). Some people are constantly looking for reasons to be a victim, even if it means they make a fool of themselves with their display or irrationality.
    Yeah, we got burned by a scammer with a check-a nicely dressed African American woman, kiddo in the car, a late model white BMW with custom wheels, came in and 'bought' $100 worth of boxes. Her check bounced. Turns out she'd hit two other facilities as well. No more checks from non tenants.

Leave a comment:

• MamaDuke
    replied
    This is for THEIR security, too! It helps the bank and us to confirm that they are who they say they are!!!

Leave a comment:

• RMRSS
    replied
    Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post
    I once had a woman come in to buy boxes and when I asked for the same thing, she pitched a fit and left.
    Wow. What bad thing do they imagine is going to happen? I don't get it. Another "special" case I had some years ago was a walk-in merchandise purchase who walked out because we didn't accept personal checks from non-tenants - said we were implying he was "dishonest" by having that policy (as if we're supposed to know him from Adam). Some people are constantly looking for reasons to be a victim, even if it means they make a fool of themselves with their display or irrationality.

Leave a comment:

• pacnwstorage
    replied
    Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post
    I once had a woman come in to buy boxes and when I asked for the same thing, she pitched a fit and left.
    See, even grown ups that are supposed to be adults, now act like a little kid and throw a tantrum. Snowflake cry babies, the lot of 'em!

Leave a comment:

• KrisinWA
    replied

Leave a comment:

• pacnwstorage
    replied
    I am sooooo lucky. None of my tenants give me grief like this. I think it is the "Dead Man's Stare" I give them.

Leave a comment:

• RMRSS
    started a topic Just when you think you've heard every complaint...

Just when you think you've heard every complaint...

...someone proves you wrong. Older man comes in to pay his bill - hand me is card. I swipe it, and ask him if the billing address is the same as his address on file.

Customer: "Uh, no, now why are you asking me for that? Why are we doing this. I've never been asked that before anywhere!"
    Me: "We're required to enter it in order to process your card"
    Customer: "It's a debit card - it doesn't require a billing address."
    Me: "Well, what address does your bank have for your accou..."
    Customer: (cuts me off and curtly states the billing address). "That's just another inconvenience. I use this card all the time and never have to give a billing address."
    Me: "Well, the system runs every card as credit. Notice how you didn't enter a PIN.
    Customer (with a sarcastic tone): "Oh, I see, so it's an issue with your system; it's an issue with your company..." (and then went on some more with similar drivel)

I don't even think this miserable person realized that they just wasted 10x as much time as it would have taken to give me the flipping billing address without arguing like a toddler. Thank God it's almost closing time. I can't take much more today.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X