Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Past Due tenant sees me and 'dashes'

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Past Due tenant sees me and 'dashes'

    So yesterday I'm eating a Christmas lunch with my daughter at a local Korean BBQ. Amazing food and we're having a good time when I look up and see my #2 past due tenant-auction status and everything, and she ducks her head and trucks out of the restaurant like her tail was on fire.

    I snorted and had to laugh. She's my 'you can't be here except during office hours' tenants, and her boyfriend has a 'you cannot come onto the premises' order with us.

    *shrug* Oh well.
    Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

    WA State

  • #2
    lol I havn't had those experiences in years, it always has been the opposite for us though as we would be the ones seeing someone at a wally world and trying to duck and run as they'd be the types to talk our ears off with their sob stories.

    The one time it was someone who was an auction ready tenant I saw them at a rodeo drinking it up and partying, they didn't see me though and then they come in a few days later with the sob story of how they've been in the hospital for weeks and we need to cut them a break yada yada. I called them out on it, making sure I pointed out where I saw them, the guy f'n laughed, said "oh, well damn", pulls out a wad of cash and pays his bill like it was nothing. Sob stories go in one ear and out the other for me, can't trust anyone now a days.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Orkocean View Post
      lol I havn't had those experiences in years, it always has been the opposite for us though as we would be the ones seeing someone at a wally world and trying to duck and run as they'd be the types to talk our ears off with their sob stories.

      The one time it was someone who was an auction ready tenant I saw them at a rodeo drinking it up and partying, they didn't see me though and then they come in a few days later with the sob story of how they've been in the hospital for weeks and we need to cut them a break yada yada. I called them out on it, making sure I pointed out where I saw them, the guy f'n laughed, said "oh, well damn", pulls out a wad of cash and pays his bill like it was nothing. Sob stories go in one ear and out the other for me, can't trust anyone now a days.
      Yeah-Korean BBQ is pricey, she could pay off her past due bills and eat in...lol
      Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

      WA State

      Comment


      • #4
        Same thing at a Subway line. Frequent flier that is late every month and he was paying for 5 subs. He looked at me when he walked past and I laughed. Paid the next day. I did remind him it is less expensive to eat at home.
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

        Comment


        • #5
          I have an X tenant that stored and went DLQ and owed about $600.00. I sent to collections.
          His twin brother stored with us well during and after his brother was out. Just last week Wife and I stopped at local sandwich shop/bar and saw one of them. I find it hard to tell them apart. It turned out to be the good Brother. Chatted with him the entire time. Turns out his Brother is a hot mess and running their very successful landscape business into the ground. Good brother not sure what to do.
          I do feel bad for them both as they have been wife's friends since grade school.

          I hope bad bro can get straightened out.
          Joe Krezdorn
          DAK Self Storage
          Leesport, PA 19533
          www.dakselfstorage.com

          Comment


          • #6
            It's always a shame for all that to happen when you find out from the good bro that the business is successful and could pay the storage rent but because of bad personal choices the bad bro lets it all go and his twin has to watch it all happen.
            "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post
              So yesterday I'm eating a Christmas lunch with my daughter at a local Korean BBQ. Amazing food and we're having a good time when I look up and see my #2 past due tenant-auction status and everything, and she ducks her head and trucks out of the restaurant like her tail was on fire.

              I snorted and had to laugh. She's my 'you can't be here except during office hours' tenants, and her boyfriend has a 'you cannot come onto the premises' order with us.

              *shrug* Oh well.
              I love it when this happens...

              My wife and I were in line behind one of my tenant's just the other night while he loaded up on tobacco and alcohol. Didn't recognize me but when he called the next day to say he couldn't pay because he lost his job, house, car, etc. I asked whose money he was using to buy the two cartons of cigarettes and 3 cases of beer the night before. Line went dead. 10min later he called and paid in full.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by KDLnk View Post

                I love it when this happens...

                My wife and I were in line behind one of my tenant's just the other night while he loaded up on tobacco and alcohol. Didn't recognize me but when he called the next day to say he couldn't pay because he lost his job, house, car, etc. I asked whose money he was using to buy the two cartons of cigarettes and 3 cases of beer the night before. Line went dead. 10min later he called and paid in full.
                Busted.
                Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

                WA State

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post
                  So yesterday I'm eating a Christmas lunch with my daughter at a local Korean BBQ. Amazing food and we're having a good time when I look up and see my #2 past due tenant-auction status and everything, and she ducks her head and trucks out of the restaurant like her tail was on fire.

                  I snorted and had to laugh. She's my 'you can't be here except during office hours' tenants, and her boyfriend has a 'you cannot come onto the premises' order with us.

                  *shrug* Oh well.
                  I have one that goes to my church who was a former tenant at the tax credit property I used to manage. Its an awkward position to be in because I know all about her medical and financial woes and I cant warn anyone about her issues, and one who sees my at the store every now and then and tries to complain about the new manager LOL It's like- I DONT CARE PLEASE STOP TALKING TO ME!! I also have one that goes to my church who is a current tenant here at the storage- and she is wonderful. I wish all my tenants were like her.
                  You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by wc1974 View Post

                    I have one that goes to my church who was a former tenant at the tax credit property I used to manage. Its an awkward position to be in because I know all about her medical and financial woes and I cant warn anyone about her issues, and one who sees my at the store every now and then and tries to complain about the new manager LOL It's like- I DONT CARE PLEASE STOP TALKING TO ME!! I also have one that goes to my church who is a current tenant here at the storage- and she is wonderful. I wish all my tenants were like her.
                    Why do people think you can do anything for a property you're no longer at? I had a lady who had my personal # as I knew her from the bowling alleys as well and she was a regular past due tenant with her TWELVE units at my original store, regularly for 5 years after leaving that store she was STILL calling me complaining about stuff at the site asking if I could do anything. I finally blocked her # as I did not want to be outright rude to someone so involved in the bowling community that I was as well. Now she tries adding me to facebook, have had a friend request set as "pending" for over a year now.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Frankly-if she goes to auction it would mean a problem tenant is gone.
                      Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

                      WA State

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Orkocean View Post

                        Why do people think you can do anything for a property you're no longer at? I had a lady who had my personal # as I knew her from the bowling alleys as well and she was a regular past due tenant with her TWELVE units at my original store, regularly for 5 years after leaving that store she was STILL calling me complaining about stuff at the site asking if I could do anything. I finally blocked her # as I did not want to be outright rude to someone so involved in the bowling community that I was as well. Now she tries adding me to facebook, have had a friend request set as "pending" for over a year now.
                        RIght? I partly blame the previous property management company because it has been 2 years since I worked there and they JUST THIS MONTH changed the voicemail to get my phone number off there for after hours emergencies, so I cant blame the people for thinking I was still somehow there to help. I called them over and over again to get that voicemail changed. I even went down there on my day off to talk to the new manager and get it resolved, but nope. The office was locked in the middle of the day, no note on the door, nothing. Turns out they have gone through 5 managers in 2 years ( Im a little happy about this fact even though I feel bad for them.) Even still, trying to explain to them that I no longer work for the company, and giving them the correct number to that property management company- it's like they locked on on me and wasn't about to let me go because they knew I was a good manager and they want me to fix it for them.Same here as far as getting friend requests on FB and other social media. NOPE. Sorry guys!
                        You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post
                          So yesterday I'm eating a Christmas lunch with my daughter at a local Korean BBQ. Amazing food and we're having a good time when I look up and see my #2 past due tenant-auction status and everything, and she ducks her head and trucks out of the restaurant like her tail was on fire.

                          I snorted and had to laugh. She's my 'you can't be here except during office hours' tenants, and her boyfriend has a 'you cannot come onto the premises' order with us.

                          *shrug* Oh well.
                          I JUST had this happen yesterday! She's one of my people slated for auction in January, hasn't answered her phone once. I was at the Laundromat washing a comforter. She came in started loading laundry, looked up, spotted me and booked it! She even left the laundry she had taken out behind! I have no idea what she thought I would do there.

                          Comment

                          Latest Topics

                          Collapse

                          Working...
                          X