Some tenants are just so silly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some tenants are just so silly...

We stopped doing discounts on prepayment of multiple months back on March 1. I have a tenant who is very unhappy about this. He just called to make his payment and, like I do with every tenant, I asked if he was only paying for one month or if he wanted to pay for more than one. He replied with "until I can get multiple months free again, I'm only going to give you my money one month at a time". Ok, that's fine. I wanted to tell him that particular discount program is not coming back, so he may as well get used to it, but I didn't. And if he thinks he's being all "I'll show you by paying every month", he's only helping me out by making my monthly bonus bigger during those months he would have free since I'm actually collecting money from him every. single. month. He had previously threatened to vacate, but the facility he said he would move to is our sister facility. They aren't giving discounts either. LOL
    Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

To some tenants, as long as it is a plus for them, things/policies should never change. There's that entitlement bug again.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Sort of off topic,but along those lines of giving freebies: We also do the pay for 1 year get 1 month free for existing customers. But for the new customers we have a huge billboard that says *2 MONTHS FREE RENT! Then in much smaller font: Inquire within. Select sizes, special rules apply. Of course all people see is 2 months free rent and they assume they get it right up front without having to pay any money.Gotta read the fine print people, its only for selected sizes and you have to prepay for 10 months to get 2 months free.
      You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

Sounds like you need to change the sign. *2 MONTHS RENT FREE!* *FOR ANYONE SMART ENOUGH TO ASK FOR DETAILS*!
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by wc1974 View Post
          Sort of off topic,but along those lines of giving freebies: We also do the pay for 1 year get 1 month free for existing customers. But for the new customers we have a huge billboard that says *2 MONTHS FREE RENT! Then in much smaller font: Inquire within. Select sizes, special rules apply. Of course all people see is 2 months free rent and they assume they get it right up front without having to pay any money.Gotta read the fine print people, its only for selected sizes and you have to prepay for 10 months to get 2 months free.
          No one reads signs anymore. I had a guy come up to the door last week, (after walking AROUND the huge billboard size sign we have in front of the door that says to call for service with our office number on it) and try the door, which of course was locked. He then looks everywhere BUT the sign we have on the door itself (because no one reads the big sign until they tug on the door and realize it's locked) and the big sign, shrugs his shoulders, and gets in his vehicle and leaves.
          The funny thing is, when you drive up, our front window has the open/closed sign, and our hours. then to get to the door you have to walk past the big billboard sign. Then we have the sign on the outside of the door that says to call. NO ONE reads the sign (any of them) first, they all come up and tug on the door. We just laugh. What else ya gonna do!?!?
          "I don't understand your specific kind of crazy but I do admire your total commitment to it!"

Comment

Originally posted by blazer View Post

No one reads signs anymore. I had a guy come up to the door last week, (after walking AROUND the huge billboard size sign we have in front of the door that says to call for service with our office number on it) and try the door, which of course was locked. He then looks everywhere BUT the sign we have on the door itself (because no one reads the big sign until they tug on the door and realize it's locked) and the big sign, shrugs his shoulders, and gets in his vehicle and leaves.
            The funny thing is, when you drive up, our front window has the open/closed sign, and our hours. then to get to the door you have to walk past the big billboard sign. Then we have the sign on the outside of the door that says to call. NO ONE reads the sign (any of them) first, they all come up and tug on the door. We just laugh. What else ya gonna do!?!?
            They tug on my door, then get on the tips of their toes to peer right over the sign to look to see if I'm in the office! Only when I yell at them to read the sign do they even notice it!!! And it's hot pink! Not much more I can do.
            MamaDuke

Comment

Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post

They tug on my door, then get on the tips of their toes to peer right over the sign to look to see if I'm in the office! Only when I yell at them to read the sign do they even notice it!!! And it's hot pink! Not much more I can do.
              they do that here too, but our windows are dark so they can't tell if anyone is here or not, even tho our sign says "open"! And the sign on our door is neon green, like your pink! like you said, not much more we can do!
              "I don't understand your specific kind of crazy but I do admire your total commitment to it!"

Comment

Sounds like the tenant thought he was being funny.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X