Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Hello! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk! Please be patient with us as registration make take longer to process around the holidays. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

I know this happens all the time... But still makes me so MAD!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know this happens all the time... But still makes me so MAD!!

So this customer is 4 months behind, on certified Lien. Finally was able to cut his lock today... to find 6 EMPTY BOXES!!! He always called to confirm every payment he made we got. Last couple months he was telling me payment was on the way.

Just fricken tell me its empty and save us all the trouble! I've been turning people away for months because were full!

Welp that's one you need to make sure gets sent to collection agency. Let them report it to his credit and go after him.

Comment

Why would you wait 4 months to open the unit? I do it on day 24 because I find this all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkey View Post
        Why would you wait 4 months to open the unit? I do it on day 24 because I find this all the time.
        Exactly. Why wait 4 months. You could have found this all out long before this and had it rented by now. What is the state statute for your lien process? I bet it isn't 4 months and let me guess, "he was a good tenant up till then and you gave extra time".
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

We had this happen recently...except we found a Christmas tree in a box that's it, in a 10X10. We hadn't cut locks in a few months either due to all of the COVID stuff.

Comment

Well, because it will (should) go to collections and on his credit it will be a good lesson for him.

If someone forgets to take their lock off if it is only a few days and I have those units available I will let them come in and take the lock off and remove the boxes without charging them. If they let it go then it is on them. There are consequences for your actions.
            The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

Yeah, I know its what I get for trying to be nice. Because of Covid, I have been giving some people some slack. I had waited till the 2nd month was late before I started the Lien Process, and at that point he was still in contact with me saying payment was on the way. I'm in California and, basically, not allowed to cut the lock until 4 weeks after I start the Process.

Comment

We cut locks on 2 units today. One is a frequent flyer so I knew it was full of furniture-the other was less that $300, probably worth $25, that's it. sigh.
                Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Going forward, cut those locks on the day that it is scheduled to be cut!
                  make no exceptions!
                  Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Yes that grinds my gears too. To me that's just being a lazy jerk to do that. Excuse my language. We cut locks at 60 days past due. If the unit is empty I mark the account has unresolved and send it off to collections.

Comment

Oh I hate that! We have a guy that's about 15 days behind. Long story, but his fiancee cut my DOOR to sell some stuff to bail him out of jail. The door won't close. The other day we went up there and there's 2 milk crates, trash and and old tire... sigh.... I filed a lawsuit yesterday in small claims court for the door.

I'll use the tire for a tire swing for my kids and am eyeballing the milk crates for storage here at home.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X