Got cussed out this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got cussed out this morning

We had a tenant move out on 1/6 and never gave notice nor contacted us to make payment (she had not paid for January). I called her and offered to waive the late fee and allow her to pay a daily prorate for those 6 days of January (we normally allow this but only with advance arrangement). I asked her if she would like to use the card on file and she snapped back "NO, I would NOT like to use the card on file because that card has been compromised. I will have to wait until I get a new card." I then reminded her that we couldn't close out her account until we received the payment and started to remind her that we also accept cash but before I could get the words out about paying with cash, she interrupts me with a really condescending tone, "Well ok then when I get my new card I will pay you. Have a nice day!" and hangs up on me. I called her back and she sent me to voicemail. I stated in the voicemail that I did not appreciate being hung up on and that I was simply going to let her know of her other payment method options. She then calls me back and says, "I don't give a F***k if I hung up on your B**CH A**, B**CH!" and hangs up again. I sent her the following text:

Hi, [tenant name]. We do not tolerate verbal abuse of our employees. Please be aware you are no longer welcome to call or visit this property for any reason except for payment of the balance owed. We will also not accept any partial payments for this account like I had originally offered as a courtesy. Per your contact, we are now requiring you pay the full balance of $XX.XX plus the $XX.XX late fee.
    She replies back:

Please be aware that I don't care and wasn't going to ever choose this place again because your rude customer service and why are you texting me from your personal phone or whoever phone very unprofessional and I don't care if the balance gets paid or not my belongings are gone from there
    I replied back:

Hi, [tenant name] This is a company text line, not a personal cell phone. You used our services this month and did not pay for them nor contact us to make arrangement for payment. In spite of that, I called you to graciously offer you a prorated amount (and no late fee), and you hung up on me. After I left a voicemail for you to finish what I was trying to say, you called me back and cussed me out. There was no rudeness on our part. I'm stating all this for the record. Unless you contact us on this text line to make arrangement for payment, we will not reply further. Thank you.
    She replies back:

I feel like I'm being harassed by you this is not YOUR COMPANY so stop texting my phone before I go to the POLICE for phone harassment
    LOL!!! I just stated that there would be no further replies unless she texted about payment, so she's not only extremely rude, but also apparently can't read.

Don't you love how in the entitled Bizarro world, businesses who request payment for services and graciously offer a deal are "rude" and customers who cuss them out are the "harassed" victim?

I speak of those entitlement masses all the time on here. She likes to use the word B****, so I would assume she would know what is coming with a B**** slap in her face after cursing like that. I used to not threaten like that but the world has changed. I will fight back. Plus, I would have told her about sending unpaid amount to collections. But being the B**** she is, her credit is likely crap anyway.

Her threats about your rudeness and going to the police about harassment are classic. She is a piece of crap and knows it.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Just add her to the do not rent list, keep her deposit and move on.

I have a tenant that made a typo in his username when he created it, he blames me because he couldn't log in. I tried to explain to him what happened. He gave me the exact same response blaming me.

Just so many people out that refuse to take responsibility for their actions, and look for someone else to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
        I speak of those entitlement masses all the time on here. She likes to use the word B****, so I would assume she would know what is coming with a B**** slap in her face after cursing like that. I used to not threaten like that but the world has changed. I will fight back. Plus, I would have told her about sending unpaid amount to collections. But being the B**** she is, her credit is likely crap anyway.

Her threats about your rudeness and going to the police about harassment are classic. She is a piece of crap and knows it.
        Yes, it was EXTREMELY tempting for me to give it right back to her, but people are crazy, and she could have some punk boyfriend or something come here to start trouble, so I don't want to give them any ammunition to say I handled the situation unprofessionally or incited anything. I also seriously doubt her card on file is compromised. That was likely just an excuse to get off the phone. OH, and I forgot one of the best parts. When I called her back after the first hangup and she sent me to voicemail, the voicemail greeting ended with "have a God-blessed day." Bonus: Just looked her up in public records and she has a shoplifting charge on her record. No surprise there. Absolute trash!
        Last edited by RMRSS; 9 January 2021, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyL View Post
          Just add her to the do not rent list, keep her deposit and move on.

I have a tenant that made a typo in his username when he created it, he blames me because he couldn't log in. I tried to explain to him what happened. He gave me the exact same response blaming me.

Just so many people out that refuse to take responsibility for their actions, and look for someone else to blame.
          For sure. I'm moving on, but just wanted to share. I feel it was appropriate of me to address the issue with her and have our say in the matter, even if she doesn't respond appropriately. Maybe, just maybe her conscience (if she has one left) will get to her about her dishonesty in life. Unfortunately we don't require deposits, so we have no recourse other than small claims court (which is obviously not worth it in this case, though it would be fun to make her go through that just out of spite). I do wish we required deposits, but the reality is people like this are in the extreme minority at this facility, so the cons of taking a deposit vastly outweigh the pros when we're competing with stores all round us that don't require a deposit.

Comment

Oh man, that's a good one. I've never been cussed at or been called a b*tch to my face so many times until I got into this business. It truly baffles me the way some people conduct themselves in public or on the phone. I know MY momma didn't raise me to speak to people that way. I guess not everybody is as fortunate.

Comment

This is exactly why my CC authorization form states that any balance due after move-out will be charged to the card on file. I don't need their permission to charge that today. They gave it to me when they put the card on file!
              MamaDuke

Comment

Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post
                This is exactly why my CC authorization form states that any balance due after move-out will be charged to the card on file. I don't need their permission to charge that today. They gave it to me when they put the card on file!
                We only have them sign a form if they're on auto-pay. So do you require that every tenant have a card on file for this purpose? As I'm sure you already know, the card might not go through and they can also contest the charge if it does, causing more time/paperwork/documentation to try to get your money back. I like the idea in principle, but I'm not sure if I want to create a whole new rental requirement when honestly it doesn't come up as an issue all that often in the scheme of things and is definitely not fool-proof like a security deposit would be.

Comment

Originally posted by RMRSS View Post

We only have them sign a form if they're on auto-pay. So do you require that every tenant have a card on file for this purpose? As I'm sure you already know, the card might not go through and they can also contest the charge if it does, causing more time/paperwork/documentation to try to get your money back. I like the idea in principle, but I'm not sure if I want to create a whole new rental requirement when honestly it doesn't come up as an issue all that often in the scheme of things and is definitely not fool-proof like a security deposit would be.
                  My web site has a disclaimer that when they add their card it can be used for any open charges on the account, I don't have that language on my auto pay form, but I probably should

Comment

No requirement. But if they want me to keep the card on file for easy payments, then they have to sign the form.
                    MamaDuke

Comment

Not only was she abusive, my heartburn is her voicemail saying 'have a God Blessed Day.' I mean, c'mon.
                      "Carpe the HECK out of this diem."
                      WA state

Comment

Every entitled idiot on this earth thinks that saying "have a blessed day" gives them a pass to be just that, "an idiot". It is all over CL here in Pewgene, Or. Reminds me of the way libs think. "I can justify anything if I say this or that because then I am self righteous". I said it, yes I did and I see, yes I do here in Pewgene, Or. You know, the lib capital of the PNW. They have no idea about the old saying, "You point a finger at me, you got at least three pointing at you.

I don't put up with it at all. They call me names, I stop them and ask, "Are you done yet?" and when they look like I just slapped them, I say, "Yea, that's right, it is my turn and stand by". If you all don't start to stand up for yourselves, then they will walk all over you and give you stress induced medical problems. I fight back and feel cleansed.
                        Last edited by pacnwstorage; 10 January 2021, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
                          If you all don't start to stand up for yourselves, then they will walk all over you and give you stress induced medical problems. I fight back and feel cleansed.
                          In this case, it's sort of hard to do when she keeps hanging up. In-person would have been a different story.

Comment

In this case, it's sort of hard to do when she keeps hanging up. In-person would have been a different story.
                            I get it and I understand but I was also speaking to the collective because this same story happens to so many of us every day. And it should not be happening. She has NO RIGHT to say those things to you. Period.

Comment

You cuss us out, you get booted to the curb. Zero tolerance policy!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X