Tell me I am wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post

But you equate the amount of money taken in and rentals with a success and having the same amount of problems. I am talking about the way things are trending. I know it can be worse in different parts of the country because, again, it is related to how liberal the area is. What you said backs up my point. The more liberal the area, the more a-holes you run across and the bigger the threat. People will not even vacation in certain areas anymore because of the libs allowing the homeless/criminals to take over and justifying it all as the conservatives crying wolf or blowing it all out of proportion. How does that make sense as to what is accepted? It should not! The front yard theory takes place here and everywhere. You can't even let your kids play in the front yard or the neighborhood anymore without a fear and/or watching intently over them. You can't leave a door unlocked or a porch unwatched or your back not protected, no matter where you are. Where it starts and then spreads is happening and no one can rightfully or truthfully deny it.

West coast thing? Really? Not happening in Chicago area, not happening in NY area, not happening in many other areas.

So please, come up with a better explanation for me being wrong because that does not fly.
    Yeah, I live in a very conservative area and all the people that have talked to me nasty have been middle age/older conservative people and one stray 19 yr. old. So I don't think it's appropriate or accurate to throw these blanket statements around. People are rude. All types of people. Please stop turning these things into political sides. It's unnecessary for the forum.
    Last edited by Amy_ISS; 12 January 2021, 05:49 PM.

Comment

The crux of all this is the safety of all of us. Remember how the "broken window program" worked to cure massive crime rates in NY and then was stopped and rates rose. I am looking for a way to not allow the threats and vile language to keep getting worse and worse.
      Last edited by Amy_ISS; 12 January 2021, 05:30 PM.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Just to chime in....The residents here are very prideful of their political views and wear their party's hats, shirts, and display their flags on their vehicles. Not to mention their bumper stickers etc.....trust us when we say, we know when these people are conservatives or liberals. (They literally run around with signs, saying so)

Edited to add: AjmCorona and I work in the same office..just for context
        Last edited by AngelaESSTX; 12 January 2021, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Look, we all care about the safety of our properties regardless of where in the country we are. We all know the red flags to look out for with the people we may deem undesirable. This forum is not the place to air out your political grievances. If you can't form a post regarding the safety of a property w/o bringing politics into it then don't post. You violate the forums rules when you do so.

7. No flaming!

Wikipedia defines flaming as a “hostile and insulting interaction between persons over the Internet.” We want Self-Storage Talk to be a pleasant place for self-storage professionals to connect. Please avoid contentious, non-industry topics that can lead to volatile interactions such as politics, race, religion, sexual orientation and personal finances.
          Last edited by Amy_ISS; 12 January 2021, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Noted. Please note my recommendation about not opening my threads. Then you will have peace of mind. How I point out where the majority of the problems are is because that info is relevant too. My blanket is tossed in certain areas. I have not been hostile or insulting to you at all. Fortunately I am not sensitive to things like that. Like a tv, I can change channels or not open a thread. I have no idea why this thread interests you so much. I really do though. If you remember my initial responses were about how one of our members was treated and how these threads of this happening has been escalating. I am looking for answers for our protection instead of the cookie cutter talks at the conventions. One thing is that WE ALL DON"T KNOW THE RED FLAGS TO LOOK OUT FOR.

Absolutely none of this is personal so please don't take it that way, I don't. If I was you, I would figure out a way to block me so you will not have to deal with it.

Have a great day and be safe. I am an equal opportunity protector and advisor.
            Last edited by pacnwstorage; 12 January 2021, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Noted. Please note my recommendation about not opening my threads. Then you will have peace of mind. How I point out where the majority of the problems are is because that info is relevant too. My blanket is tossed in certain areas. I have not been hostile or insulting to you at all. Fortunately I am not sensitive to things like that. Like a tv, I can change channels or not open a thread. I have no idea why this thread interests you so much. I really do though. If you remember my initial responses were about how one of our members was treated and how these threads of this happening has been escalating. I am looking for answers for our protection instead of the cookie cutter talks at the conventions. One thing is that WE ALL DON"T KNOW THE RED FLAGS TO LOOK OUT FOR.

Absolutely none of this is personal so please don't take it that way, I don't. If I was you, I would figure out a way to block me so you will not have to deal with it.

Have a great day and be safe. I am an equal opportunity protector and advisor.
              I do not want to block you because you have good advice when it comes to storage and a wealth of knowledge in the field. It's just better received w/o all of your extra thoughts and ideas regarding politics.

Comment

All I am doing is pointing out what has already been documented in numerous stories across the nation. The politics is a by-product. I truly wish it was not. I get no satisfaction from pointing out the obvious and the locations of that info. I am in Oregon and know people that were right in the middle of the mayhem and were effected by it all. I even had to drive on the outskirts of it when I picked up a friend at the airport. It was scary, I do not mind saying that at all. My biggest concern is the kids trapped close to any of that. The stories here from the members is what I read at this forum and reflects back to what I have seen and dealt with. I want EVERYONE safe. No matter the political persuasion. To me, the obvious is there and should be pointed out. It may be something that many members are already aware of but maybe not and that is the person I want to reach. The stories are getting more and more numerous and serious. I wish it was the opposite. I do appreciate your thoughts about my knowledge of self storage and will do my best to share that and also remind people to be safe and secure. Good day to you.

Comment

So many issues to talk about here and so little time.

I'll keep it short and to the point

PAC is right

I'm SO glad I live in Alaska! We are still allowed to defend ourselves and others when we feel our lives are in danger, no need to change our lives to meet the needs of criminals or criminal parts of town

We dont have any state storage regulations. You dont pay, you dont stay! If you treat your customers like crap they will find another place to store their goods. Like any other place in the world we have good and bad owners, employees and tenants. Lay down the law early and firmly and you are less likely to have bad tenants.

With covid and political uprising around this Country we are seeing a few people leaving the state and a few more moving here. They all need storage for one reason or another and we provide that service.

As far as bad tenants go, I have no doubt its going to get much worse before it gets better.

Comment

People are definitely changing ...

I find the expectations are ever increasing, yet the responsibilities on the other end are ever decreasing. People seem to think it's okay to treat others in a fashion that had roles been reveresed they would not find acceptable. Basically, it's about entitlement.

This is a product of an increased hustle and bustle in society. It's also reinforced in our media, TV and many of the leaders people look up to. Too many people avoid taking responsibility these days or do things without blaming someone else or over simplifying a problem with ignorance. Maybe it's been too long since people really knew what a crisis was or when something was really terrible such as WWII. Of course many of those lessons are fading away.

That said, there are still a lot of great people, but because they don't raise a stink they quietly roll under the radar.

I think it is a good conversation and with meaningful discussion and debate the tide can be turned. I've seen lots of great things occur through volunteerism and community service that also seem to right this ship. Many community groups are a great example of leadership in action. We need to avoid the eye for an eye or the direct and immediate accusations as that's what got us here in the first place.

Anyway, I could go on and on and I'm still very positive and pleased with all the great clients and community partners we have. But yes, things are a changing as they will do. So it's good to set an example in an effort to change them for the better

Comment

There were riots in Seattle (actually still going on every week) but the one I'm referring to was when the guy stole an AR-15 rifle from a police car which was then set on fire (the car). This guy had the gun forcibly taken from him by a former Marine, now bodyguard for Q13 Fox.
                      Man who did this was arrested and charged in October. I just heard that he'd been arrested AGAIN for shooting and killing someone in the town I live (suburb of Seattle).
                      I believe this 'catch and release' program with criminals helps no one.
                      If you can commit felony crime and still get out to murder it teaches everyone, children on up, that they can do whatever they want and get away with it. Especially kids-they know that there is a local wave of do-gooders (backed by our politicians) that emphasizes 'punishment for children is Bad...'
                      Now, good and bad SHOULD be taught by parents but is it?, and it should be reinforced by law, but is it? Not so much. Luckily the towns I live in and work in are tougher on this stuff-but county wide and state wide, it's all 'Oh,' pat pat pat, "You poooor criminal, are the police picking on you?"
                      It's a mess-but it's not all cops and it's not all people of color.
                      Last edited by KrisinWA; 23 January 2021, 07:12 PM.
                      "Carpe the HECK out of this diem."
                      WA state

Comment

I knew I was right about all this. Here on the west coast it is worse than in other places. You get the groups together that are still doing the riots in Portland and Seattle and that emboldens others to do anything they want and the city politicians let it happen. What kind of society is that? It is a society that the entitled masses get bigger and bigger. The way it is going, when it gets so bad that no one is safe, I will be in the ground. I screen heavily on prospective new tenants to try and keep them off my facility but sometimes they get in with existing tenants and I have to deal with them. It really is a shame what is happening. The recent elections have now given them even more entitlement to do these very bad actions. Please please please watch your 6 and be safe.

Comment

I deleted my previous comment. No need to DM me anymore churlish messages. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Bella_Lindemann View Post
                            I deleted my previous comment. No need to DM me anymore churlish messages. Thank you!
                            Sorry for that. I really am. Isn't this all supposed to have ended?

Comment

Sorry for that. I really am. Isn't this all supposed to have ended?
                              No need to apologize. I guess some people had a bad weekend. It's a new week with new possibilities. We'll get through it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X