Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tenant VERY disappointed that people aren't wearing masks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tenant VERY disappointed that people aren't wearing masks

    First, she calls me out. I have been outside trying to fix my gate and no, I wasn't wearing my mask outdoors. I informed her that I do when someone comes into the office. She then informs me that she was very disappointed that people coming into the facility weren't wearing their masks and she felt unsafe.
    I told her I understood but I wasn't their parents and didn't monitor mask usage. I did tell her I'd place more signs around reminding people that the Governor wants everyone to wear masks.
    Ugh. I do wear masks everywhere when I'm with people but frankly the broken gate ~outside~ was more of a problem for me at that moment.
    "Carpe the HECK out of this diem."
    WA state

  • #2
    You were outside, geesch....

    Comment


    • #3
      WWWWWAAAAAHHHHHMMMMMBBBulance!
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

      "Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet him"

      Comment


      • #4
        Well, ya know, you coulda caught covid from the gate and given it to her since she felt the need to approach you and initiate contact with you, as a maskless being.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by AngelaESSTX View Post
          Well, ya know, you coulda caught covid from the gate and given it to her since she felt the need to approach you and initiate contact with you, as a maskless being.
          Seriously. Actually, she called from the parking lot to complain. Which fine, I understand but again, I am not the mask police and most of the tenants wear their masks automatically. ALSO, around here if you say something to someone not wearing a mask you'll get verbally abused. No thanks, I'll expend my energy on more important stuff.
          "Carpe the HECK out of this diem."
          WA state

          Comment


          • #6
            As long as she keeps herself at least 6 feet from them (and you ) she would be considered safe. Is that too much to ask of herself???

            My boss requires me to deny office access without a mask (our door stays locked and we have a remote control to allow them in as long as they are masked). But out on the property and in the hallways, almost no one wears them. And I don't blame them. Moving and sorting is hard enough when you get all the oxygen!
            MamaDuke

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm assuming she has a climate unit and thus is passing "unmasked" people in small indoor hallways? Because if she just has a drive-up unit, she's being irrational to feel unsafe, but I can see her point if she's inside. I'd probably just send an email to all the climate tenants requesting they wear a mask inside the building if other tenants are present and also post signs saying the same at the entry doors. That way if she complains again, you can point to something tangible you've done to try to make a difference.

              Comment


              • #8
                I am not wearing a mask for a virus that is 99% survivable unless I absolutely have to.
                I was thinking of putting a sign on the door with wording similar to this.
                These folks have remained open and it is like stepping into a time machine back to 2019. Our new favorite restaurant.

                image_3465.jpg
                Last edited by dakselfstorage; 23 February 2021, 11:23 AM.
                Joe Krezdorn
                DAK Self Storage
                Leesport, PA 19533
                www.dakselfstorage.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dakselfstorage View Post
                  I am not wearing a mask for a virus that is 99% survivable unless I absolutely have to.
                  I was thinking of putting a sign on the door with wording similar to this.
                  These folks have remained open and it is like stepping into a time machine back to 2019. Our new favorite restaurant.

                  image_3465.jpg
                  I completely agree with you on this. I am tired of wearing a mask for a virus like you said is 99% survivable, there's no mask mandates during Flu season, I feel if your scared or have health conditions that put you at risk than that person should wear a mask to protect themselves, or simply stay home like your sign says. I'm not willing to give up my Freedom of choice, We have one sign posted, my office is actually extra large and we do not turn anyone away, I will put a mask on out of respect for people in fear, I do believe wearing the mask all the time will end up being more harmful than helpful. Again this is just my opinion, I do not expect everyone to agree with me and am not looking to have a debate about it, so I respect people choices and people should respect mine whether they agree or not...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Frankly, I'm freaked out by Covid. I try and be very careful with all of my interactions and still have my groceries delivered. It would be my luck to have an unknown underlying condition and croak, so I'm not risking it. A local sailor, who was only 26, just died of it. My friend's entire family came down with it and were sick for 2 weeks, with a variety of symptoms. They have no idea how they got it (youngest is in in-person high school, I suspect that) and they all made it through. It's so hit or miss.
                    "Carpe the HECK out of this diem."
                    WA state

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by GM - StacieJ. - BSS View Post

                      I completely agree with you on this. I am tired of wearing a mask for a virus like you said is 99% survivable, there's no mask mandates during Flu season, I feel if your scared or have health conditions that put you at risk than that person should wear a mask to protect themselves, or simply stay home like your sign says. I'm not willing to give up my Freedom of choice, We have one sign posted, my office is actually extra large and we do not turn anyone away, I will put a mask on out of respect for people in fear, I do believe wearing the mask all the time will end up being more harmful than helpful. Again this is just my opinion, I do not expect everyone to agree with me and am not looking to have a debate about it, so I respect people choices and people should respect mine whether they agree or not...
                      I think it's really disingenuous to assert people are living "in fear" just because they wear a mask. It's simply a wise precaution they are taking. I would never patronize a business like the one darkselfstorage posted a picture of - not because I care whether they require masks or not, but because of the absolute arrogance and condescension displayed in that sign. And what melodrama, waxing eloquent about "freedom" and "home of the brave" over a mask I hate it when business owners use their business to propagate their personal political agenda.

                      So, yes, let's respect people who don't wear masks by not saying stupid things to them like "You don't care if people die!" and let's ALSO respect people who DO wear masks by not saying stupid things to them like, "You're against freedom and are living in fear!"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Talking about and posting the word FREEDOM is a reminder of what the nation is all about. You don't like the business, do as you said and stay out. You don't like the show on tv, change the channel. You call it stupid and that is your opinion, no matter how stupid that opinion may or may not be. The owners have every right to "propagate their personal political agenda" in their business and at home and anywhere else. I think I saw some rioters in a few cities doing that recently. Yea, I know I did. But they were "mostly peaceful" as was said while a building burned behind them as the lame stream media said.

                        RMRSS your views are clear and so are mine. "absolute arrogance and condescension displayed in that sign" again is just your opinion, no matter how little I think that opinion means in real life. Unless you want to get started and carry this over to a PM, keep your "put down" opinions to yourself.

                        Have a nice day.

                        Just because I am on a short leash by the admin people here does not mean that others get to spout and that I have to take it. This is supposed to be a two way street. I served to keep it that way. If I am gone from the forum because of a one way street, so be it, but you don't get to do what I can't do.
                        Last edited by pacnwstorage; 23 February 2021, 06:11 PM.
                        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

                        "Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet him"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
                          Talking about and posting the word FREEDOM is a reminder of what the nation is all about. You don't like the business, do as you said and stay out. You don't like the show on tv, change the channel. You call it stupid and that is your opinion, no matter how stupid that opinion may or may not be. The owners have every right to "propagate their personal political agenda" in their business and at home and anywhere else. I think I saw some rioters in a few cities doing that recently. Yea, I know I did. But they were "mostly peaceful" as was said while a building burned behind them as the lame stream media said.

                          RMRSS your views are clear and so are mine. "absolute arrogance and condescension displayed in that sign" again is just your opinion, no matter how little I think that opinion means in real life. Unless you want to get started and carry this over to a PM, keep your "put down" opinions to yourself.

                          Have a nice day.

                          Just because I am on a short leash by the admin people here does not mean that others get to spout and that I have to take it. This is supposed to be a two way street. I served to keep it that way. If I am gone from the forum because of a one way street, so be it, but you don't get to do what I can't do.
                          Are you kidding me? My comment was not directed at you nor had anything to do with you. Am I missing something here? It should be patently obvious I was not saying "freedom" was stupid, but rather that the owner was making a simple facial covering an issue of freedom and talking down to people who are taking common sense precautions during a pandemic, as if he's some great patriot and they aren't.

                          My comment also clearly addressed BOTH sides of this issue - not sure how much fairer I could be.

                          As for this being "my opinion" - not sure who else's opinion I could express but my own. This should have also been obvious.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Okay, once again we need a reminder to keep the politics off the board or we will have to shut this topic down.
                            MamaDuke

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thanks, MD. Pac, you're so out of line. And to suggest I keep you on a "short leash" is insulting. We HAVE rules that everyone must follow. You often seem to forget they exist or just don't think YOU must follow. Since you called me out here, I'll do the same.

                              And I'd like to remind everyone that 500,000 Americans have died from COVID. To suggest that it's like the flu or 99% survivable is unacceptable. Tell that to the families of the half million who are gone.

                              So ... you can keep the flaming language out of your posts or, like MD said, we'll shut down this thread. I think it also might be time for us to start censuring those who can't abide by the rules.
                              Last edited by Amy_ISS; 23 February 2021, 07:51 PM.
                              Amy Campbell
                              Editor
                              Inside Self-Storage
                              [email protected]

                              @AmyCampbell_ISS
                              480.281.6091

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X