Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Ma'am, we're NOT Public Storage. I'm sure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Ma'am, we're NOT Public Storage. I'm sure.

Lady blazes in talking a mile a minute, "I'm from the facility on East Valley Rd. (we do have a sister facility there) and I'm supposed to sign the lock cut form because they're closed to day.
    I am baffled, but okay, I hand her the form and say, "Okay, it's a $50 lock cut fee."
    "Oh No, she stated that it was $21."
    Now I'm suspicious because all of our facilities charge the $50.
    "What is the name of your facility?"
    "Public Storage."
    The light dawns. "Oh, we're not affiliated with Public Storage. We're an independent facility."
    I had to repeat it 4 or 5 times to make her understand that I couldn't help her in any way.
    "Are you sure?"
    Seriously. "I'm sure."
    "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
    Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
    WA state

Why do some people think we're ALL PS???
    MamaDuke

Comment

Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post
      Why do some people think we're ALL PS???
      No idea! It's bananas.
      WA state

Comment

I think it's the orange doors for us. There are a lot of people in the area I'm in that were hung up about dealing with us because they thought we were a big corp store. We are a corp., however, we are a family owned business. After I got the word out, along with the only other operator in town I refer to (who has a huge impact on social media in this small town) we have tons more people coming to us knowing now that we are not RIET.

I'm lol'ing at the fact she asked "are you sure" ... umm, what?! No ma'am, I'm just pullin yur leg, we're PS.

Comment

We look NOTHING like PS, which makes me giggle as well.
          WA state

Comment

Our name is Republic Storage we not only get the Public Storage calls, but the local garbage company is Republic Services. Some days...

Comment

At my last facility, also NOT a PS, I'd get phone calls for them all of the time. People were saying, "Siri, call Public Storage on ....Rd." and they'd get connected with us. I don't know how many times I'd try and look up a unit only to figure out they weren't a tenant, and their facility wasn't even CLOSE. Dang Siri.
              WA state

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinWA View Post
                Dang Siri.
                Smartphones are NOT SMART!!!
                MamaDuke

Comment

I've had people confuse us with UHaul and other independently owned facilities where we're at. I get people coming down to rent a heated 10x20 unit they reserved a week ago. That tips me off that they're at the wrong facility. I'm nice enough to call the correct one so they can touch base with them to make sure the reservation is still valid. But the other day I had someone get argumentative because they swore up and down they reserved a heated 10x10 with us. Turns out it was at another facility across the Narrows Bridge!

Comment

Originally posted by Bella_Lindemann View Post
                    I've had people confuse us with UHaul and other independently owned facilities where we're at. I get people coming down to rent a heated 10x20 unit they reserved a week ago. That tips me off that they're at the wrong facility. I'm nice enough to call the correct one so they can touch base with them to make sure the reservation is still valid. But the other day I had someone get argumentative because they swore up and down they reserved a heated 10x10 with us. Turns out it was at another facility across the Narrows Bridge!
                    Lol, yep-I've had that happen too.
                    WA state

Comment

I don't hold or reserve units, so if someone says that I start asking questions. When anyone calls and says they are a tenant, I don't go any further till I get a unit number or name on the unit. If is not a tenant, I just ask leading questions to see if I talked to them or if they are just lost. I want to control the conversation so I don't waste my time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X