First time for this one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time for this one.

Tenant comes in and says someone has been in my unit and took my dolls. So I said, "Let's go take a look." We go to her unit and unlocks her door. I asked her if that was a new lock. She said no. I said so just to be clear, someone came in and opened your lock, then entered your unit to steal your dolls. She says yes. She opens the door and says, "Look, they even cleaned up my stuff, it is always messy." I asked her how many people have her gate code and access to her keys. I told her to start her investigation there. Sheesh

Ugh, yep. I'd also advise her to change her code, just in case.
    "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
    Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
    WA state

Comment

We had a similar situation with a tenant with multiple units. They swore up and down that someone came in and stole a couch from them. We have door alarms and no one had entered their space without using the gate code. We asked them if there was a chance it was in one of their other units and of course, there was no way it could have moved over to one of their other spaces and one of the employees were tampering with their stuff (which is why you should never hold keys). No locks cut on any of their spaces, all their keys worked everything. Few months later, they come in and apologize. They found the couch is one of their other units.

Comment

My first facility we had a lady who swore up and down that we had access to her unit, that we had a master key and stole a painting from her unit. No matter how I promised that we didn't have a master key nor did we steal her painting, she didn't believe us and moved out.
        "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
        Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
        WA state

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinWA View Post
          My first facility we had a lady who swore up and down that we had access to her unit, that we had a master key and stole a painting from her unit. No matter how I promised that we didn't have a master key nor did we steal her painting, she didn't believe us and moved out.
          Probably better that way!!!
          MamaDuke

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X