Lost a tenant to COVID this morning :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost a tenant to COVID this morning :(

I just received a phone call from the spouse of a tenant. The tenant passed away this morning due to complications of COVID. I'm very upset as I was just thinking about this person the other day. They always call on the 20th of each month to pay rent for the next month. The last time we talked, they were so happy. They had reconnected with their eldest child and were looking forward to meeting their new grandbaby. We've lost tenants in the past but this is the first due to the pandemic. I knew there was a reason I woke up with a bad headache and a feeling of dread this morning. Rest in peace to them

I am so sorry for your loss! It is amazing how close you become with tenants when you speak with them every month. I have lost a few in the last two years but not to covid. Regardless of the reason, it is hard and sad. Prayers for the friends & family of your tenant. #ihatecovid

Comment

I am sorry as well... Its always hard when we lose customers, because they do become family.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss.
        Kevin Kerr
        Storage Commander Cloud Software
        k[email protected]
        Toll Free: 877.672.6257
        Direct: 951.867.4732

Comment

Very sorry for your loss

Comment

I am so sorry. I know how you feel. Tenants become more than just customers.
            "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
            Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
            Always sunny in California

Comment

Bella_Lindemann I'm so sorry. It's never easy to deal with. It's interesting how much we can come to know and adore our customers. Always trust those sixth senses, we have them for a reason. I'm sorry this was a sad situation for you and your tenant's family.
              Gina 6k
              twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
              VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
              [email protected]

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
              I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

Back in July I lost my first tenant to Covid 19!
                He has 2 largest units full of sellable women's clothing.
                He was from Turkey and was the most God fearing man I have ever known.
                He was a beloved member of the community and all the Turkish people and all of us just loved him.
                He was such a giving man. He would give you the shirt of his own back and then take you to the store and buy you 3 more!
                He would always travel to his beloved homeland to visit his Mom and family 2-3 times a year.
                When he had told me he was traveling I told him I would worry about him and the virus as it was really spreading back in June and July!
                So when I got the call I was completely devastated.
                Some tenants do become like family.
                I took his death hard, I have known him for almost 9 years!

So sorry that you are also having to deal with this.
                Another tenant lost his 38 year old son!
                That has been hard too as the son had not gone and got tested and died in his sleep!
                Parents didn't know it was Covid until the autopsy!

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

I lost a friend after he got the jab and another friend will never be the same after getting the jab, I've yet to know anyone passing from the virus who did not get the job first.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz View Post
                    I lost a friend after he got the jab and another friend will never be the same after getting the jab, I've yet to know anyone passing from the virus who did not get the job first.
                    I have had two friends pass away and they did not get the job and they got covid and died in the hospital on the respirator.
                    Throw kindness around like Confetti - But don't get glitter in your eyes!

Comment

I know my Aunt Eleanor passed away due to Covid 19. When she had passed the vaccines were not yet available.
                      A co-worker lost her MIL due to our Governor sending her back into the nursing home when she was diagnosed positive!
                      A tenant has passed away and another tenant lost his grown son to the virus.
                      To the best of my knowledge, they all were not vaccinated.

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Hello all! Thank you for your responses. Another tenant just passed last week but not from COVID. They had a long term illness that was terminal. They were a brand new tenant so I didn't get to know much about them. But I loved hearing their stories about living on a farm.

Comment

Life is really precious. It's good to let people know you love them and/or appreciate them as often as you can. It is always welcome, binds us closer and we never know when any of us will be gone. Sorry for your loss.
                          Burt Abreu

All From 1 Supply
                          Building & Maintenance
                          Products for Self Storage

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X