Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trifecta of 'Yep, we shoulda known all H3ll was gonna break loose'

#selfstorage

Sister facility-been quiet last week and this week.

Enter #1: Day before holiday

Enter #2: New employee by themselves for the first time

Enter #3: SUPER windy in So Cal, power goes out, people trapped in facility because gate isn't working. Regular go to guy is on vacation, because of course.

They are handling it well, but you know how it is.
    "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
    Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
    Always sunny in California

Because things *always* happen in threes.
    Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

Those winds were awful! I got lucky about a month or so ago with the last wind event. Edison turned off our power around 3pm. Thankfully, there were no customers on site, so I just posted a note at the entry gate that we were closed thanks to Edison and our apologies.

I hope the new employee rose to the challenge!
      MamaDuke

Comment

Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post
        Those winds were awful! I got lucky about a month or so ago with the last wind event. Edison turned off our power around 3pm. Thankfully, there were no customers on site, so I just posted a note at the entry gate that we were closed thanks to Edison and our apologies.

I hope the new employee rose to the challenge!
        He did. It was out of his control, poor guy, but he kept everyone calm and got a hold of a supervisor to get the gate manually opened (it needed a special tool that, to no ones surprise, was at another facility)

Comment

Fun times. Good on the employee. Your gate doesn't have a battery back up or something similar? I know if the power goes out, our gate will have enough juice to automatically open and will just stay open until power is back so no one can get trapped. Though, if there are high winds, that will screw with the gate mechanism and track so we generally just have to leave it open if its really windy.

Comment

Originally posted by T_Champeau View Post
            Fun times. Good on the employee. Your gate doesn't have a battery back up or something similar? I know if the power goes out, our gate will have enough juice to automatically open and will just stay open until power is back so no one can get trapped. Though, if there are high winds, that will screw with the gate mechanism and track so we generally just have to leave it open if its really windy.
            Some of them do, some don't. The ones that don't have a special tool

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X