How could you charge me this much!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How could you charge me this much!

Long time tenant, who's primary unit is deeply discounted (by a couple of $100s) rented a 2nd unit of the same size last month. I wasn't in the office when he came in to sign the paperwork, but he signed for the unit at the current street rate which is plainly stated on the top of the lease. Just got off the phone with him yelling at me that I never told him the price and he just assumed he would be getting it for the same rate as his primary unit. When I asked him why he would assume we would we give him our last unit of that size at such a discount he said because he's such a long time tenant and that how business works???

When I asked him if he ever asked the price, he told me that's not the point and I concealed it from him???. A) I wasn't even in the office when he signed the lease. B) He paid for the 1st month already (also wasn't there). C) you never actually asked me???

He then demanded to see his lease and threatened to take me to small claims court if I couldn't produce it. I said I'd be happy to email him a copy. He said he'd stop by tomorrow to pick it up. This is going to be fuuuuun.

My dude. You signed AND paid. Ignorance is no excuse at this point.
    "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
    Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
    Always sunny in California

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinCali View Post
      My dude. You signed AND paid. Ignorance is no excuse at this point.
      But if I yell and repeat my nonsense enough doesn't that mean I'm right?

Comment

kick-rocks.jpg

Send this along with his email!
        LOL

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Originally posted by T_Champeau View Post
          Long time tenant, who's primary unit is deeply discounted (by a couple of $100s)
          What?! This must be a gigantic unit and/or you are in a VERY expensive area if the discount is measured in 100s of dollars

Comment

Originally posted by RMRSS View Post

What?! This must be a gigantic unit and/or you are in a VERY expensive area if the discount is measured in 100s of dollars
            It's a 10x30 2 door unit. Large unit price have shot up to ridiculous heights in our area. Lots of people and businesses leaving NYC and coming here. On top of that, there really aren't that many large drive up units, especially for 10x30s. Most storage in the area is in a multi story building, leaving very few large drive up units in general. They used to be around $375-$450 pre-Covid. Now they can go for over $600-$700 is some places. We are at the low end of $500 since we are older and have more than the average facility.

They've also been with us for 10 years and the manager before me wasn't on top of rent raises so the discrepancy grew pretty wide. Right now the price he's paying is the same for a 10x20. Don't point that out to him though! He thinks he's entitled to it. However he'd never give us the same type of discount for his business

Comment

Originally posted by T_Champeau View Post

It's a 10x30 2 door unit. Large unit price have shot up to ridiculous heights in our area. Lots of people and businesses leaving NYC and coming here. On top of that, there really aren't that many large drive up units, especially for 10x30s. Most storage in the area is in a multi story building, leaving very few large drive up units in general. They used to be around $375-$450 pre-Covid. Now they can go for over $600-$700 is some places. We are at the low end of $500 since we are older and have more than the average facility.

They've also been with us for 10 years and the manager before me wasn't on top of rent raises so the discrepancy grew pretty wide. Right now the price he's paying is the same for a 10x20. Don't point that out to him though! He thinks he's entitled to it. However he'd never give us the same type of discount for his business
              What type of business does he run?
              Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Carpet Store. He's the definition of a curmudgeon too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X