Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are some people really unable to write even semi-neatly? SMH

RANT:
    Yes, I know there may be some people with afflictions causing an unsteady hand they can't control, but even then - have someone else write your checks for you. But as far as I know this person has normal use of their hands. This isn't the worst one I've seen, but when I noticed they had overwritten a number on the "courtesy amount" (the numerals on the right), I looked at the "legal amount" (the words) to be sure it was clear (because this is what the bank officially goes by if there's a discrepancy), but it's barely legible. WHY can't people just slow down and write more carefully when filling out an important document that others need to read?! I simply don't get it. I'm not saying it has to be amazingly neat, but each letter should be clearly distinct and should all be part of the alphabet (for example, what the heck is that letter that's supposed to be a "t" in "ten"?)

P.S. How about that ridiculous "tail" on the first 0 of 100 on the legal amount? Goes right off the side of the check. Just bizarre. Do they think they're being fancy? LOL!!!

image.png
    Last edited by RMRSS; 4 August 2022, 10:08 AM.

$140? $10? One hundred ton dollars and co/100? I can read it-kinda.
    "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
    Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
    Always sunny in California

Comment

At first glance, $140. No, wait, one hundred ten dollars----------------------------------------------------
      I have read some articles saying that no one writes anymore, so our skills are deteriorating. And no one writes cursive anymore. Do they even teach it in school? Apparently the evolution of our language is now through texting and social media. Abbreviations and acronyms will be the new norm. We probably need to embrace it, IMHO.

Comment

As a former long term substitute teacher everything that was turned in to me had to be typed. This is why. I honestly am not bothered about the lack of cursive (I was taught and I barely use it). However, being able to print legibly should be a thing.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I have someone who USED to do that until I asked him to stop and just bring me a signed check and that I would do the rest!
            It worked!!!
            Ha Ha Ha
            Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Originally posted by helenatim View Post
              At first glance, $140. No, wait, one hundred ten dollars----------------------------------------------------
              I have read some articles saying that no one writes anymore, so our skills are deteriorating. And no one writes cursive anymore. Do they even teach it in school? Apparently the evolution of our language is now through texting and social media. Abbreviations and acronyms will be the new norm. We probably need to embrace it, IMHO.
              Well, we'll see if the bank embraces it, lol! As for cursive, I think it's a shame if any school isn't teaching it. Even if someone doesn't end up using it frequently in their adult life, neither will they use a lot of what they're exposed to in school, yet we don't advocate not teaching those other things. Learning cursive is part of a well-rounded education. It's also important for studying history, as many historical documents were not written in block lettering.

Comment

Agree the number section is confusing. But in a security class we were taught to completely use alphabetic written line and to elongate the last zero in the cents portion to fill in the entire portion of the alphabetic number line. Another thing was to never use the things like PG&E and instead write out completely the payee's name. So PG&E for example, you would write out in its entirety to read "Pacific Gas & Electric. It has to do with people altering checks to change the payee and/or the amount.
                Gina 6k
                twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
                VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
                [email protected]

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
                I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X