No announcement yet.

PTI Security Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Pac, PTI should be trying to get the shipping charges refunded to them from UPS not you.

Comment

They did pay to overnight it back from Scottsdale to Cincinnati. I’m not sure what the price was but I’m sure it was expensive. The shipment that I paid for was returning the broken unit that would not stay powered up. I used FedEx on the return shipment. They used UPS (and that’s who they want me to file a claim with)

They could have told me the flux capacitor was broken and i honestly would just smiled and said thank you. At this point I’m just happy to have a working gate system.

Also to answer your question the original shipment from PTI was in undamaged boxes and didn’t seem to be abused.

Comment

It just seems that wherever they can point a finger, they have. Look at all the people on here that are seeing what is going on. It should have been a no brainer for them to cover the freight for you to return the box to them. Someone in management at PTI, in my opinion, dropped the ball big time with that. Like Randy says, they should fight with UPS for THEIR money back for shipping, not you. They packaged the box and shipped it. They made the determination that it was "likely" damaged in shipping. The only way, IMO, for it to be damaged in shipping is if it was not packed correctly since the packaging was not damaged on the initial shipping to you. OR it was a bad new part to begin with or damaged during initial new assembly. You said they need to work on their customer service. I think it is called "customer no service". Sorry if this ruffles some feathers at PTI but it needs to be said and I am not one to hold back. After all, right is right.

I am a stickler for doing things right here at my facility. If I do make a mistake I apologize profusely and do everything I can to make it right. I will always accept blame if I am at fault. If I know I am 1000% right, I will not back down though.
        Last edited by pacnwstorage; 11th November 2017, 12:25 PM.
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

And it continues… After 6 months of operation, the “fixed” Falcon XT has completely shut down. We still do not have the paid technical support (at this point it would be worth it), so it took about a day to figure out that we have the exact same issue with the XT as last time. 12V DC – L2 coil. We’re keeping our gates in the open position 24 hours at this point. It’s a bad feeling when your property is wide open. Tenants are concerned, and new tenants are questioning our business. I’ve been checking the cameras from home at all hours as we’re located in a highly populated area.

I made it VERY clear to PTI that we need to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. I was faced with the same two options as I was the last time. I can do an “RMA” where I send them the equipment, its inspected, fixed or replaced, and returned to me. The second option is “Advanced Replacement”. This is where I pay for a new Falcon XT, ship my old one back, and then wait for a refund after they inspect it.

Last time around I refused to send them any more money. They had sent me a broken product out of the box so I did the RMA. I was extremely bothered by the fact that they wanted me to pay for a mistake they made. This time I decided to take the higher road and do the Advanced Replacement so I can be back to business. I paid the $2,201.07. We need this thing YESTERDAY so lets just get it done, right? I get my UPS tracking info sent to me last night. THEY SENT IT UPS GROUND from ARIONA to KENTUCKY. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?! 5 days???

PTI will warranty its products for 1 year. Even if its been sent back and replaced its 1 year from original purchase. If they send you something broken, be prepared to pay for a new one while they investigate. You’re going to pay all shipping costs – it’s not PTI’s problem and they don’t care. If you need to talk to someone, good luck. They might return your e-mails, or they might not. If PTI would like proof of my claims PLEASE call me. I’d love to talk.

Comment

Originally posted by DNolting View Post
            And it continues… After 6 months of operation, the “fixed” Falcon XT has completely shut down. We still do not have the paid technical support (at this point it would be worth it), so it took about a day to figure out that we have the exact same issue with the XT as last time. 12V DC – L2 coil. We’re keeping our gates in the open position 24 hours at this point. It’s a bad feeling when your property is wide open. Tenants are concerned, and new tenants are questioning our business. I’ve been checking the cameras from home at all hours as we’re located in a highly populated area.

I made it VERY clear to PTI that we need to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. I was faced with the same two options as I was the last time. I can do an “RMA” where I send them the equipment, its inspected, fixed or replaced, and returned to me. The second option is “Advanced Replacement”. This is where I pay for a new Falcon XT, ship my old one back, and then wait for a refund after they inspect it.

Last time around I refused to send them any more money. They had sent me a broken product out of the box so I did the RMA. I was extremely bothered by the fact that they wanted me to pay for a mistake they made. This time I decided to take the higher road and do the Advanced Replacement so I can be back to business. I paid the $2,201.07. We need this thing YESTERDAY so lets just get it done, right? I get my UPS tracking info sent to me last night. THEY SENT IT UPS GROUND from ARIONA to KENTUCKY. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?! 5 days???

PTI will warranty its products for 1 year. Even if its been sent back and replaced its 1 year from original purchase. If they send you something broken, be prepared to pay for a new one while they investigate. You’re going to pay all shipping costs – it’s not PTI’s problem and they don’t care. If you need to talk to someone, good luck. They might return your e-mails, or they might not. If PTI would like proof of my claims PLEASE call me. I’d love to talk.
            Wow, that's disappointing. We've had PTI at both facilities that I've worked for and no really huge issues. IT seems like their customer service is really terrible, and that's not good for a company that has tech in A LOT of facilities. Good customer support is as important as a good product, IMO.
            I want buns of steel.
            I also want buns of cinnamon.

Newcastle, WA

Comment

Who has been handling your tech support ticket for this latest incident? We just completely changed our ticket system over the last 2 days and I hope it didn't get lost in the swap over.

Robert Toy
              PTI Security Systems

Comment

I believe his name was Adam Taylor. I only happened to catch his name when he had to log onto our computer remotely. We had to locate a voltage meter to determine the Voltage coming from our power supply. I had to call my installers back out to do the reading. I asked if I could call back with the reading and he basically indicated that if the AC power had fallen within an acceptable range that I would just need to request an RMA because the Falcon was basically toast. He said a call back would only happen if I submitted another ticket.

Last time I had an issue PTI had a company wide cellphone loss for 24 hours. I seem to be having breakdowns at the most inconvenient times.

I originally spoke with Patricia. She had sent me to Kristen because Gary Carland was no longer with PTI. I ended up doing the Advanced Replacement with Patricia. I received the UPS information from Tevis Campbell.

Comment

I believe his name was Adam Taylor. I only happened to catch his name when he had to log onto our computer remotely. We had to locate a voltage meter to determine the Voltage coming from our power supply. I had to call my installers back out to do the reading. I asked if I could call back with the reading and he basically indicated that if the AC power had fallen within an acceptable range that I would just need to request an RMA because the Falcon was basically toast. He said a call back would only happen if I submitted another ticket.

Last time I had an issue PTI had a company wide cellphone loss for 24 hours. I seem to be having breakdowns at the most inconvenient times.

I originally spoke with Patricia. She had sent me to Kristen because Gary Carland was no longer with PTI. I ended up doing the Advanced Replacement with Patricia. I received the UPS information from Tevis Campbell.

OK, I've spoken with our Scottsdale office and we're going to ship out another XT to be delivered on Friday. The original shipment will be canceled and returned to our office by UPS or FedX or whoever it's going by, so you won't have to worry about it. I don't want you to have to hold your gate open all weekend. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Robert Toy
                  PTI Security Systems

Comment

At my last facility I had a gate problem and had to leave them open over a 4 day holiday period, July 4th, and instead of being with friends I had to stay at the facility. It was unnerving and a PITA. Good luck to you. What I see here is repeated failures of an important controller/board. That is unnerving as well.
                    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

I must give credit when credit is due. Robert, I appreciate you stepping in. This was on my desk at 9:30am. Thank you for making it happen.

Comment

I must give credit when credit is due. Robert, I appreciate you stepping in. This was on my desk at 9:30am. Thank you for making it happen.
                        Super. Please let me know if you have any further problems.

Robert Toy
                        PTI Security Systems

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X