Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Happy holidays! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk. Please be patient with us as the registration make take longer to process during this joyful time of year. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

Keeping Monitors and Computers Clean

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping Monitors and Computers Clean

How often do you clean your monitors and computers? And what do you use?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    amy.campbell@informa.com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Monitor, once a week. It is turned off and I use air first and then a damp soft paper towel to wipe down and then a dry one to finish with.

Computer, covered with the monitor. It is a combination monitor and computer assembly.

Printer, once a month. Done the same.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

CPU will get hit with a swiffer duster every few days...I get a lot of dust here because my office, and apartment, sit between the entrance/exit rows. Alot of traffic means a lot of dirt/dust. The monitor gets dusted at least every other week and I'll wipe the screen with a damp cloth if it looks like it needs it. I also use canned air on the back of the CPU for anything the swiffer may have missed, and on the keyboard.
      Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

All of the time! We get dusty in here. I'll vacuum around the computer about once a month. So much dust, yuck.
        I want buns of steel.
        I also want buns of cinnamon.

Newcastle, WA

Comment

Try to use a cleaner for electronic devices, and use a microfiber cloth to wipe the screen. Using a "normal" cleaner can result in damage to your screen. There are several monitor wipes on Amazon that work well, and would help you out.

For computers, I would suggest cleaning around the fan cover at least once a month, since the dust that is collected at the back creates a fire hazard. Use a vacuum to pull out the dust. A swiffer will just get the surface and not what's inside.

For a better cleaning, and if you're feeling brave, open the cover of the computer and vacuum out what's inside. If you've had your computer for more than a few months you will be shocked at how much has collected in there. Again a bit of a fire hazard.

If you're looking for products, I've found these work well:

https://www.amazon.com/FALDSCT-Dust-.../dp/B00009ESKH

http://a.co/aC3fGZx

Good luck
          Last edited by Uneex; 12th July 2018, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post
            All of the time! We get dusty in here. I'll vacuum around the computer about once a month. So much dust, yuck.
            What she said....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• pacnwstorage
              Reply to Joking Around
              pacnwstorage
              He Loved Hearing His Own Voice
              Ronald was sitting at the breakfast table one Sunday morning reading the USA Today entertainment section.

He had just read an article about a beautiful movie star who had announced that she was going to marry a football player, who was famous not only for...
              Yesterday, 10:52 PM
            • bentsmom
              Reply to Thanksgiving Week
              bentsmom
              We started a little early and held Customer Appreciations Days at our 3 offices this past Friday and Saturday. For two days we had snacks & refreshments for our customers. Saturday we held a drawing at each office for a gift basket worth $100.00 each. We did not get tons of people but anyone who...
              Yesterday, 09:49 PM
            • Steve_hajewski
              Reply to Need Help! Break Ins through building wall panels!!
              Steve_hajewski
              Lock the empty units. While yes, a person could rent a unit and eventually get into the neighboring one, you should at least then have a photo and scan of their ID which should be a pretty good deterrent. Plus, what they said above is good advice.

A person could assemble buildings with...
              Yesterday, 09:30 PM
            Working...
            X