Keeping Monitors and Computers Clean

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping Monitors and Computers Clean

How often do you clean your monitors and computers? And what do you use?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    amy.campbell@informa.com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Monitor, once a week. It is turned off and I use air first and then a damp soft paper towel to wipe down and then a dry one to finish with.

Computer, covered with the monitor. It is a combination monitor and computer assembly.

Printer, once a month. Done the same.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

CPU will get hit with a swiffer duster every few days...I get a lot of dust here because my office, and apartment, sit between the entrance/exit rows. Alot of traffic means a lot of dirt/dust. The monitor gets dusted at least every other week and I'll wipe the screen with a damp cloth if it looks like it needs it. I also use canned air on the back of the CPU for anything the swiffer may have missed, and on the keyboard.
      Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

All of the time! We get dusty in here. I'll vacuum around the computer about once a month. So much dust, yuck.
        I want buns of steel.
        I also want buns of cinnamon.

Newcastle, WA

Comment

Try to use a cleaner for electronic devices, and use a microfiber cloth to wipe the screen. Using a "normal" cleaner can result in damage to your screen. There are several monitor wipes on Amazon that work well, and would help you out.

For computers, I would suggest cleaning around the fan cover at least once a month, since the dust that is collected at the back creates a fire hazard. Use a vacuum to pull out the dust. A swiffer will just get the surface and not what's inside.

For a better cleaning, and if you're feeling brave, open the cover of the computer and vacuum out what's inside. If you've had your computer for more than a few months you will be shocked at how much has collected in there. Again a bit of a fire hazard.

If you're looking for products, I've found these work well:

https://www.amazon.com/FALDSCT-Dust-.../dp/B00009ESKH

http://a.co/aC3fGZx

Good luck
          Last edited by Uneex; 12th July 2018, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post
            All of the time! We get dusty in here. I'll vacuum around the computer about once a month. So much dust, yuck.
            What she said....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X