Gate not closing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gate not closing

I have an Elite Gate Operator (with Loop Detector) that is 12 years old. In the last month we have had some instances of the gate not closing. Sometimes we can get it to close by turning off power and back on. Other times we just wait it out. Usually 30-45 minutes. Earlier in July we thought the issue was only when employees were using remotes instead of keypad. We took it apart and did some adjustments- fine tuning etc. But then twice yesterday it stayed open. I am having a hard time finding a service company that will look at it. And they want to look at it when it is staying open. They are over an hour away. Any suggestions?

Likely a limit switch causing this. It is like a relay. I can only recommend a repair person that knows about them come look at it.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Have you double checked all of your sensors?

I just replaced a sensor that was cracked.
      The gate would only fail as the sun was setting and again when it would rise!

Replaced a crack sensor and (knock on wood) no known issues to report.

It could just be that the sensor and/or the reflectors may not be lined up by a fraction of an inch.

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Does your operator have a screen that reads out the gate error codes? If it does, you can probably find the owners manual online and start troubleshooting. With cars, once I have the trouble code, I google the code and check the forums to see what the most common fix was and start going down the list.

Comment

Well, I wrote an installation manual for Elite operators, so I might be able to help you out.

From the description of the problem, it sounds like you may have an intermittent fault in your loop detector wiring. When the gate is staying open, check the detector. See if the "Detect" LED is staying lit solid, or blinking. Let me know what you see and then we can go on to the next step.

Robert Toy
          PTI Security Systems

Comment

The LED might also be labeled "Presence" instead of "Detect". Depends on what model of detector you have.

Robert Toy
            PTI Security Systems

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• pacnwstorage
              Reply to After auction dilema
              pacnwstorage
              What they did was strip out the good stuff and left the trash for you to take care of. That is exactly why you should charge at least a $100 cash deposit that you can refund when you inspect the unit after they take everything and do it in the agreed upon time frame. I charge $200. I also now do the...
              Today, 02:30 PM
            • Penelope
              After auction dilema
              Penelope
              We auctioned a unit. We gave them 3 days to clean it out. They asked for and extension. We gave them 2 additional days. They were in the unit the same day as the auction and put their lock on it. Now it is 10 days later. They have not been back in and are not returning calls. Any suggestions?...
              Today, 01:57 PM
            • jsparkyii
              Reply to I had ONE Mad Manager this morning
              jsparkyii
              Make it hurt to be a lowlife, lazy, trash leaving thug!
              Today, 01:02 PM
            Working...
            X