Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Happy holidays! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk. Please be patient with us as the registration make take longer to process during this joyful time of year. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

WebSelfStorage is painful after it was sold to uhaul

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WebSelfStorage is painful after it was sold to uhaul

It is an OK management software before uhaul touch it.
    I believe the worst issue now is missing credit card payments. Sometimes, you occasionally find several cases, then ask them to fix. I believe most of missing payments will never be found, you only know your monthly revenue reduce couple thousands dollars............
    Another issue is GatEase App never works normal after 10/11/18 when WebSelfstorage installed the rewrited software. Some units get locked, and some units do not. Everytime you contact customer supports, they ask you to take control your computer and spend one hour to check generated gate file, and find it is right. Then claim to you that their code is right, it is GatEase's problem. It is common sense that GatEase works well for 5 years until webselfstorage rewriting their software, how can they blame GatEase? After talking to several customer supports, and taking control my computer many hours, I finally called GatEase tech support, they said they got 50+ phone call about same webSelfStorage issues since 10/11/18 and by common sense, it is WebSelfStorage's problem.
    I finally find what the problem is. Everyday morning, I click WebSelfStorage gate synchronize button, then all units get updated. That means, WebSelfstorage take longer time to generate gate file at midnight, before this generating process finished, software do synchronizing. That cause some units get updated, some not. Software should make sure gate file is fully generated, then do synchronizing.
    As a previous senior software engineer, I believe my opinion is valuable to them. Then I contacted customer support, but they insisted that it is GatEase's problem. Maybe the training they received is like this. I do not know what I can do except switching to other management software.
    Last edited by merry; 4th December 2018, 03:29 PM. Reason: fix the word spelling error

I was under the impression that WSS was always owned by U-Haul. Guess I learned something new too.
    Kevin Kerr
    Self Storage Software by Storage Commander
    Kevin@storagecommander.com
    Direct - 951.867.4732

Comment

It has been owned by Uhaul since at least 2005 or so when I first entertained switching to them. Not sure if it was owned by someone else.

Comment

Some funny things in WSS's lock/unlock action report:

Room Number __Paid thru date ___Balance ____lock ______date
        335 ___________1/2/2019 _______0 _________open over __12/4/2018
        335 ___________1/2/2019 _______69 ________over lock ___12/4/2018
        446 ___________12/2/2018 ______0 _________open over __12/4/2018
        446 ___________12/2/2018 ______99 ________lock over ___12/4/2018

In same day report, they give you two options, guess which unit should be open, which one should locked?
        The right answer is 335 should be open, 446 should be locked.
        WSS customer supports and their team lead very confirm to say the report is right, you have to decide open or lock based on "Paid thru date".
        How does other management software handle the lock/unlock action report?
        Last edited by merry; 5th December 2018, 04:19 PM. Reason: make it aligned

Comment

This new rewrite has been a complete nightmare! We are seriously thinking of switching softwares.

Comment

We switched 2 years ago and glad we did. We kept hearing how bad the new soft ware was and made the switch before we had to use it .We went to storEDGE and are 90% satisfied, none of them are perfect, that is why they have techs you can call.
            Dave (Woodee) Scott

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X