Ah technology, you never fail to make me facepalm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah technology, you never fail to make me facepalm

Spoke to a current tenant that wants a large unit close by their current ones. No problem. She's online and I tell her which is closest and she says, "Great-I'm going to rent it now. My employee will be there soon."
    Awesome. Awesomeness-another rental with a great tenant. Email confirming rental pops up, correct unit, payment made etc. shows. Perfect.

QuikStor's little pop up shows and low and behold, states wrong unit and wrong floor. I check in my current tenants and it's rented her that unit-completely wrong unit and floor. WTH?
    I have to call my ops person and show her the situation when she signs in, and I can hear her shake her head with exasperation too. WTH?
    She fixed it for me so the correct unit is rented with the specials included, but really?
    It's fixed but I have to laugh.
    90% of what you're stressing about now won't even be relevant in a year. Breathe easy. ~Wesley Snipes

WA State

Sounds like a call to the quikstor support team to see what's wrong.. I got one in to sitelink for one of our sites online reservations having issues right now.

Kinda surprised to hear you have to reach out to someone to get it fixed though. Something like that should be a simple fix for a manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Orkocean View Post
      Sounds like a call to the quikstor support team to see what's wrong.. I got one in to sitelink for one of our sites online reservations having issues right now.

Kinda surprised to hear you have to reach out to someone to get it fixed though. Something like that should be a simple fix for a manager.
      She had to transfer the unit to the correct one, then we found that the price wasn't the same but less and since the email confirmation said one price we had to honor that and include the special, all of which I couldn't have approved w/o her anyway. Then she had to show they'd paid ahead just like original unit. I could have done it but it would have taken me three times as long and required a phone call to her anyways.
      90% of what you're stressing about now won't even be relevant in a year. Breathe easy. ~Wesley Snipes

WA State

Comment

That may be why I rent a unit online at the website while I am on the phone with the renter and I allow the unit to show as available while I am on the phone. I show none available till I talk to them and have them on the phone. I also don't run any move in specials. I also use QuikStor.

Kris sounds like a PITA that is now fixed.
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Steve_hajewski
          Reply to Break in at our units
          by Steve_hajewski
          One other idea that I had on this topic... while most security camera systems just record the data on a central DVR (and some have an option for remote viewing but even those don't always save everything in the cloud) there is another way to have a local back up. Some manufacturers make cameras that...
          Today, 07:22 AM
        • Steve_hajewski
          by Steve_hajewski
          Sorry to hear about this. Chateau sells a cylinder lock that is compatible with Trac-Rite's latches. The also sell two different stainless slide latches that will fit the door, however they will require drilling new holes.

It does sound like you were doing things correctly for being a rural...
          Yesterday, 09:23 PM
        • KrisinNC
          by KrisinNC
          It sounds like you're on top of it. I'd add motion sensitive lights. Regular lighting then when there is motion brighter lights pop on so they realize that maybe there are cameras. I'd make the utility/camera room not accessible to the outside if possible....
          Yesterday, 08:39 PM
        Working...
        X