StorEdge Online Rentals Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StorEdge Online Rentals Help

I am considering adding online rentals to my locations in the near future. Right now I currently allow people to decline insurance at the time of rental. It appears if I go to online rentals that I will no longer be able to give tenants the option to include insurance on their rental unit or have the option to decline.

At this point StorEdge doesn't appear to be able to offer an optional form for signature. Right now I have both a form for people saying yes and one for no, and I select which form is right at the time of rental and then they esign it. If I enable online rentals both forms show up for them to sign.

Are there any facilities that added online rentals and still retained the option to allow people to decline insurance, and sign an addendum?

Thanks for any insights

Hey RandyL, Do you use StorEdge for your property management system?

Depending on who you use, insurance is still an option for online rentals and your customers can still choose to not go with your insurance.

Comment

We want our tenants to take insurance. So we actually like this feature.

I guess you can do this
      Require that they take it...if afterward, they continue to balk, you could issue them back credit to the account the amount of the insurance
      OR
      what we do is say, if you have your own, provide the declaration page that has my property listed and then we will issue credit but they have to do it within 48 hours of the rental!

Have you spoken to storEDGE?I imagine that you are not the only facility that wishes to have options.

When tenants move in online for us, they are given a red letter message that states, they MUST come to the office and provide ID and sign the forms BEFORE they will be able to access the property.

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Originally posted by lady5563 View Post
        We want our tenants to take insurance. So we actually like this feature.

I guess you can do this
        Require that they take it...if afterward, they continue to balk, you could issue them back credit to the account the amount of the insurance
        OR
        what we do is say, if you have your own, provide the declaration page that has my property listed and then we will issue credit but they have to do it within 48 hours of the rental!

Have you spoken to storEDGE?I imagine that you are not the only facility that wishes to have options.

When tenants move in online for us, they are given a red letter message that states, they MUST come to the office and provide ID and sign the forms BEFORE they will be able to access the property.

I did contact support prior to this and I was not getting an answer to my satisfaction. So I wanted to talk to other users to see how they were handling it.

I may end up moving to required insurance but it isn't something that I had planned in this transition.

Comment

I have had the same issue. The way I have worked around it is to send a letter with the lease agreement that says that we need them to email or text us a picture of their ID. It also says that they acknowledge they are storing at their own risk and that we left 2 forms inside of their unit. The 1st is the insurance election form and the 2nd is the insurance waiver form, one of which must be signed by them and left in the drop box. If they elect the insurance it states that it will not take effect until the next business day and we will charge their credit card.
          Its not a perfect solution but the best way I have been able to work around it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by evets View Post
            I have had the same issue. The way I have worked around it is to send a letter with the lease agreement that says that we need them to email or text us a picture of their ID. It also says that they acknowledge they are storing at their own risk and that we left 2 forms inside of their unit. The 1st is the insurance election form and the 2nd is the insurance waiver form, one of which must be signed by them and left in the drop box. If they elect the insurance it states that it will not take effect until the next business day and we will charge their credit card.
            Its not a perfect solution but the best way I have been able to work around it so far.
            I suppose that could work, just so you know I use adobe sign for digital signatures outside of StorEdge. So I already have copies of the insurance forms on there that I can send and have signed digitally. It may be something you may want to look into, it would get rid of paper forms you need to scan in.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyL View Post
              I may end up moving to required insurance but it isn't something that I had planned in this transition.
              I enjoy more money!
              Don't you???
              LOL

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X