Full Automated Site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Automated Site

I am looking to build out 2 sites under 100 units. Units will be split between 15x50 and 18x50 with a door. I am planning to make them higher end units. I would like to full automate with no onsite management. I am thinking about using PTI Security, Sitelink, and Akiba as the systems. What do you think? What would you change or add? These will be my first 2 sites so any ideas would be appreciated.

How are you going to screen customers? Sign lease? Give out gate code? You may have to be down there when it first opens.

Comment

Get your hair trimmed because if is fully automated and no screening and no signed lease, you will be pulling hair out soon.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

While there are certainly many technology options available to achieve a fully automated facility, I personally would never give up the opportunity to screen my tenants and verbally explain our rules and policies and make sure they understand them. It only took me a few short months to understand how incredibly valuable a human presence is at least part time to explain why they can not sleep in the hallway, and why they can not take a bird bath in the bathroom sink, and why they can not leave trash all over the floor, or why they can not close themselves in the unit and attempt to stay in overnight and have that "gentleman caller" over for a quick visit
        Shaina Cossairt
        Business Development Consultant
        QuikStor Security & Software
        tel:800-321-1987
        fax:818-501-5785
        shaina@quikstor.com
        manager@quikstorselfstorage.com
        www.quikstor.com
        www.quikstorselfstorage.com

Comment

Yes I will definitely be down there a lot in the beginning. Akiba is a website it collects all the customers information and rents or reserves the unit and signs the lease. Sitelink to manage the customers. And PTI Security talks to both and automatically send back the the gate code through the website out in an email to customer. Itís all suppose to happen instantly. And PTI also has an app to open Gates and doors. Itís all suppose to work together but I havenít used any of them

Comment

Several operators have found success with unmanned sites. Check out this article.
            Amy Campbell
            Editor
            Inside Self-Storage
            amy.campbell@informa.com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

Yeah I understand how important the customer screening will be. I also have a bunch of rental properties and have had I few of them messed up by tenants

Comment

Hey! With you being around a bunch, in the beginning, it should definitely help things run smoothly!

I know we have a lot of customers that were struggling to get people to sign the lease after they paid for the unit, so we simply moved the lease signing to the step before payment for online rentals.

Definitely would recommend at least looking into it.

Comment

don't forget a number of cameras and a large TB drive to save video for a month or two. You can't have too many cameras, especially if there's no onsite presence. The people that are doing nothing wrong don't mind.
                  In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

Originally posted by GLambert64 View Post
                    I am looking to build out 2 sites under 100 units. Units will be split between 15x50 and 18x50 with a door. I am planning to make them higher end units. I would like to full automate with no onsite management. I am thinking about using PTI Security, Sitelink, and Akiba as the systems. What do you think? What would you change or add? These will be my first 2 sites so any ideas would be appreciated.
                    High end units and no onsite management are two things that dont go together.

High end spenders have high quality standards and expectations

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz View Post

High end units and no onsite management are two things that dont go together.

High end spenders have high quality standards and expectations
                      True that. People with unit(s) at a site that spend money each month don't want to have to call and leave a message or an email when they need help. Also, training the tenant is also key.
                      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Wishing you the best of luck with your facility. There are lots of options out there for the technology. You want to make sure that you will be able to quickly get help when the tech fails. I also agree that you will need to keep at least one month of video footage. You may not even hear that there was a problem for several weeks, or months, after it happens. You will want to have a reasonable amount of time recorded.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X