Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Hello! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk! Please be patient with us as registration make take longer to process around the holidays. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

PTI Keypad Repairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTI Keypad Repairs

I have a entry gate keypad that has gone bad after only 1-1/2 years of use. PTI won't repair anything, they just want to sell new. Does anyone know of a company that repairs PTI equipment?

See if there's a security gate company locally. They should have techs that will come out and trouble shoot.
    Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by Dan L. View Post
      I have a entry gate keypad that has gone bad after only 1-1/2 years of use. PTI won't repair anything, they just want to sell new. Does anyone know of a company that repairs PTI equipment?
      Is it just the keypad buttons that are wore out? You can order just the keypad and replace it yourself. I believe it's just a couple screws. I've replaced one before and I was done in 20 minutes.

~Spam

Comment

You can't order the rubber keys from PTI anymore, they've gone totally to the metal keys. I don't know if the metal are replaceable or not, luckily I ordered a few of the rubber ones many years ago and I still have one left. After that one's gone I'll have to pony up for a whole new metal keyed pad.
        In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

Originally posted by Storman View Post
          You can't order the rubber keys from PTI anymore, they've gone totally to the metal keys. I don't know if the metal are replaceable or not, luckily I ordered a few of the rubber ones many years ago and I still have one left. After that one's gone I'll have to pony up for a whole new metal keyed pad.
          Wow, I loved those rubber keyed pads. Easy to clean and replace. *shrug* That's to bad.

Comment

No this is a new keypad. The keypad and camera quit working so the techs suspected that it wasn't getting power. They tested the power and it was good so they told me that something had to be wrong with the keypad itself. We swapped out keypads with a new spare I had and everything is working fine now.

Comment

I'd definitely agree that your best bet would be to contact an installer supplier that looks after PTI equipment. They may be able to fix your keypad, particularly if it's a power issue. They should also be able to tell you if it's something not worth fixing as well.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ckpa11
                Reply to fence climber
                by ckpa11
                That's what I thought would be in the replies. Thanks. This person also wrecked her car and without asking just had a friend tow it in and drop it. She has not asked about paying for parking, nor do I want her to. So, I guess I am just a storage yard for wrecked vehicles too. I gave her notice to have...
                Today, 01:11 PM
              • AngelaESSTX
                Reply to fence climber
                by AngelaESSTX
                Exactly what evets said. Depending on your state's laws, I would hand her a 3 day notice for non-renewal....
                Today, 01:01 PM
              • evets
                Reply to fence climber
                by evets
                I would evict her. And in the meantime tell her that if she does it again you will call the police and have her arrested for trespassing....
                Today, 12:49 PM
              Working...
              X