PTI Keypad Repairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTI Keypad Repairs

I have a entry gate keypad that has gone bad after only 1-1/2 years of use. PTI won't repair anything, they just want to sell new. Does anyone know of a company that repairs PTI equipment?

See if there's a security gate company locally. They should have techs that will come out and trouble shoot.
    When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by Dan L. View Post
      I have a entry gate keypad that has gone bad after only 1-1/2 years of use. PTI won't repair anything, they just want to sell new. Does anyone know of a company that repairs PTI equipment?
      Is it just the keypad buttons that are wore out? You can order just the keypad and replace it yourself. I believe it's just a couple screws. I've replaced one before and I was done in 20 minutes.

~Spam

Comment

You can't order the rubber keys from PTI anymore, they've gone totally to the metal keys. I don't know if the metal are replaceable or not, luckily I ordered a few of the rubber ones many years ago and I still have one left. After that one's gone I'll have to pony up for a whole new metal keyed pad.
        In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

Originally posted by Storman View Post
          You can't order the rubber keys from PTI anymore, they've gone totally to the metal keys. I don't know if the metal are replaceable or not, luckily I ordered a few of the rubber ones many years ago and I still have one left. After that one's gone I'll have to pony up for a whole new metal keyed pad.
          Wow, I loved those rubber keyed pads. Easy to clean and replace. *shrug* That's to bad.

Comment

No this is a new keypad. The keypad and camera quit working so the techs suspected that it wasn't getting power. They tested the power and it was good so they told me that something had to be wrong with the keypad itself. We swapped out keypads with a new spare I had and everything is working fine now.

Comment

I'd definitely agree that your best bet would be to contact an installer supplier that looks after PTI equipment. They may be able to fix your keypad, particularly if it's a power issue. They should also be able to tell you if it's something not worth fixing as well.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Bighank
                Reply to Pest and Bug protection kit
                by Bighank
                Idaho has nice. I tell everyone that God built mice better than my ability to get rid of them. When someone says "You have mice?" I look them in the eye and say, "yes." I ask them if they see al the hawks and falcons flying around and ever wonder what they feed on. Most are...
                Yesterday, 11:31 PM
              • KrisinNC
                Reply to Lawn & Garden Landscaping
                by KrisinNC
                This facility doesn't have a lot of landscape-weed-whacking and picking up trash, no lawn etc. So maintenance handles it. Last facility we had a landscaping company and they mowed, cleaned up leaves, branches and even removed snow if needed....
                Yesterday, 07:06 PM
              • Beebop
                Reply to Lawn & Garden Landscaping
                by Beebop
                Our maintenance man use to have to trim the bushes until the owner hired a landscaping company to do it....
                Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              Working...
              X