Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Hello! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk! Please be patient with us as registration make take longer to process around the holidays. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

StorEdge Multiple Payments for 1st of Month AutoPays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StorEdge Multiple Payments for 1st of Month AutoPays

Major malfunctions in StorEdge merchant solutions. I have people that were charged 3+ times. It looks like it tried running cards every 30 minutes. I am going to have a ton of work today and this month because of this. Anyone else finding these problems today?

I am through reviewing all my auto pays. I had 50 duplicate charges across 17 different customers at 2 of my 3 locations. Now it is time for me to contact each of these customers. Man there are going to be some mad customers

Comment

Wow-Merry Christmas-but it's not your fault-it's the credit card processor. Def throw them under the bus for this.
      Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post
        Wow-Merry Christmas-but it's not your fault-it's the credit card processor. Def throw them under the bus for this.
        I know it's not my fault, but I have one person that was overcharged over $1000. What if someone can't go shopping on cyber monday now because of these pending charges on their account. I am happy it is only 17 people instead 100+. But I fear my headache is only just starting.

I just sent out an email to each of them explaining the problem, and telling them I will get more information about the problem to them soon, and what we are going to do to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Since this is the second time we have had duplicate charges in less than 6 months. I believe I will be changing my merchant processor.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyL View Post

I know it's not my fault, but I have one person that was overcharged over $1000. What if someone can't go shopping on cyber monday now because of these pending charges on their account. I am happy it is only 17 people instead 100+. But I fear my headache is only just starting.

I just sent out an email to each of them explaining the problem, and telling them I will get more information about the problem to them soon, and what we are going to do to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Since this is the second time we have had duplicate charges in less than 6 months. I believe I will be changing my merchant processor.
          You cannot go into the payment processor and refund their payments?

WA State

Comment

As above, can you not go in and reverse the charge? Usually if a charge is reversed same day it will release the funds and not hold pending on a card. At least that's how it's been in my experiences. Could be a lot worse, I remember years ago one of our sites had 2 workers who wouldn't talk to each other, 2 PC's and it was a high end area so a LOT of autopays on the first, they ended up both running autopays in sitelink and double charging over 700 customers.

Comment

Checked all my locations for auto pay and everything looks good for 12-1-19 Man I hope it don't happen here Good luck with it Randy
              Dave (Woodee) Scott

Comment

I already voided each over charge before the batch was settled. So they will just be listed as pending payments for the next 3-5 days until their bank or card clears them.

This is what my reponse from StorEdge Merchant solutions told me this morning. Hats off to them for responding so quickly to me on a Sunday morning.

Comment

Still having occasional issues today with payments not processing. I have heard this has to specifically to do with StorEdge Merchant Services which at least for me is through Paya(Sage)

Comment

Originally posted by RandyL View Post
                    Still having occasional issues today with payments not processing. I have heard this has to specifically to do with StorEdge Merchant Services which at least for me is through Paya(Sage)
                    ugh-what a beginning of the month for you.

WA State

Comment

I had this happen for the past 2 months. This month I have not had much of an issue (knock on wood) but I do have a tenant who has an email with a transaction number showing he paid, but that payment is not reflected in StorEdge.

Comment

I just had to credit back 20 charges that were double and triple charged on the first thru Paya, as well

Comment

I had to credit over 40 customers back; it hasn't been a good week.

Comment

I send out warning emails on the 5th, I am getting tons of calls now from people who tried to pay online and had it fail on them. Only to have it actually charge their cards and not reflect in StoreEdge. So yippy the fun is not over yet

Comment

Hopefully some helpful information. If you are on sage/paya you should print out virtual terminal results this month to reconcile against what StorEdge says you received. This will be the most effective way of tracking down who has been effected by the problem

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KrisinNC
                                Reply to Expanded metal fencing... do you have experience with this?
                                by KrisinNC
                                Or you could electrify your current fence with a box/wire used for horses/cattle. IT won't ~kill~ them, but it packs a punch. I'd know, I've bumped into a few. ...
                                Yesterday, 09:44 PM
                              • evansr
                                Reply to Promotional ideas
                                by evansr
                                Same here, our unit occupancy has been a bit low, company average across our sites 86% (we've also added new units at a few sites), but our economic occupancy is at an all time high (percentage and dollar totals) due to consistent rate increases on all customers. We use storEDGE and push our discounts...
                                Yesterday, 09:13 PM
                              • Storman
                                Reply to Expanded metal fencing... do you have experience with this?
                                by Storman
                                This expanded metal comes in many thicknesses and sizes. The 3/4" and 9 gauge is likely much heavier than what you used for your trailer ramp. The 4x8 sheets that I'm looking at cost about $60 each, but the added cost of galvanizing and delivering them to my facility is what bumps them to ~$100...
                                Yesterday, 07:55 PM
                              Working...
                              X