Online Rentals: How are you notified?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Rentals: How are you notified?

Hey guys I have been testing online rentals at one of my locations over the last month. I am having issues with my software, with it notifying me once an online rental has taken place so I can follow up. I currently use StorEdge Management software and Marketing Web Site. From my understanding both of the platforms should be sending me a notification via email when a new renter does a online rental.

At this time through 3 different tests I am not getting any email notifications. How are other people getting notified with StorEdge or other products?

Do other people who use StorEdge get these notifications, and this is a bug just affecting my location? I get other notifications from StorEdge, so I think this problem has to do specifically to do with the move in process

We have Sitelink and we get a bulletin in the software and an email, as well.
    MamaDuke

Comment

By bulletin do you mean a pop up? Or some other type of in app notification?

Comment

In QuikStor we get an email-they've rented the unit but do not have access to the facility until they come to the office and do paperwork and get code and keys during business hours.
        Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by RandyL View Post
          By bulletin do you mean a pop up? Or some other type of in app notification?
          The bulletins in Sitelink are a part of the calendar. It just pops up on our to-do list when we have a notification there.
          MamaDuke

Comment

I use Storedge at one of my properties, I do not get any notifications for online rentals, I just see it on the dash when I log in.

BTW I hate the online rentals. There seems to be a higher percentage problem tenants, I even had one underage kid rent on line, moved in and never paid again.

Comment

Evets that is the only way I can tell if it happens right now as well with StorEdge. I wonder if this is the normal designed function of the software. If I am going to allow complete online rentals I want a mechanism where I can be notified to contact the new tenants.

Comment

QuikStor here also. get an email to office Email. I also set that email to forward to my personal email on my phone and print the email automatically in case I miss it.
                It is weird but satisfying to have the printer start while sitting here.
                Joe Krezdorn
                DAK Self Storage
                Leesport, PA 19533
                www.dakselfstorage.com

Comment

I also use storEDGE
                  I get the notifications via email, whether someone creates a ressie or actually moves in.
                  Did you check your Spam/Junk folder?

What is storEDGE saying?
                  Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Originally posted by lady5563 View Post
                    I also use storEDGE
                    I get the notifications via email, whether someone creates a ressie or actually moves in.
                    Did you check your Spam/Junk folder?

What is storEDGE saying?
                    Well the first time through they said they needed to fix some settings on the backend. And that I should also check my spam/junk. Which I did when I first reported the issue about a month ago. Then I had the problem again about a week ago, and I contacted support again.

From my understanding I have my software enabled to send me 2 different notifications upon move in. Once from the marketing web site telling me a move in has happened. One from the software itself saying I have a new rental. At this time both of those notices are not being sent.

I also had the system fail to send notices again a couple says ago. At this point StorEdge has requested that a create a new user account for managing the web site with a different email address to see if the notice comes through that way.

I don't think that is the problem though because I already get lead emails from the web site in regards to calls, reservations, and customer contacts. So I would assume if I get 75% of the emails that is not where the problem is.

But as we all know they are training an entirely new support staff so it may take a while.

Lady do you just get emails from the marketing web site? Or do you get a notification from the software as well?

Comment

Hey Randy
                      So I just went to my G Mail account and I looked at my latest reservation from storEDGE.
                      I copied and pasted here>>>>>
                      from: Columbia Self Storage - Bordentown <[email protected]>
                      reply-to: Columbia Self Storage - Bordentown <80eb26[email protected]inbound.postmarkapp.com>
                      to: [email protected]
                      date: Dec 29, 2019, 12:32 PM
                      subject: New reservation from Columbia Self Storage - Bordentown
                      mailed-by: pm-bounces.columbiastoragegroup.com
                      signed-by: columbiastoragegroup.com
                      security: Standard encryption (TLS) Learn more
                      : Important according to Google magic.
                      It looks like my email account was the original SENDER and the receiver too!

Comment

Hey Randy
                        So I just went to my G Mail account and I looked at my latest reservation from storEDGE.
                        I copied and pasted here>>>>>
                        from: Columbia Self Storage - Bordentown <[email protected]>
                        reply-to: Columbia Self Storage - Bordentown <80eb26[email protected]inbound.postmarkapp.com>
                        to: [email protected]
                        date: Dec 29, 2019, 12:32 PM
                        subject: New reservation from Columbia Self Storage - Bordentown
                        mailed-by: pm-bounces.columbiastoragegroup.com
                        signed-by: columbiastoragegroup.com
                        security: Standard encryption (TLS) Learn more
                        : Important according to Google magic.
                        It looks like my email account was the original SENDER and the receiver too!
                        That is the way those notices normally show up when they are originated from the facility management software. I think support may have helped me get that notice setup today finally.

Though at this time there are 2 different places I should be getting notices from. One is from the facility management software, and one is from the marketing website/rental center itself. The ones from the web site generally come from the address [email protected] .

I am waiting for my next test to come through right now, which I think should be later today.

Comment

Yes, leads and reservations are different.
                          Do you have a separate "back up" email account, that you could use temporarily?

What I also know is there are several people who get the notifications, including myself.
                          Maybe it is just a missing comma in the email addresses???

Ugh, I can not stand when stuff does not work properly.
                          Good luck
                          Keep us posted

Comment

Yes, leads and reservations are different.
                            Do you have a separate "back up" email account, that you could use temporarily?

What I also know is there are several people who get the notifications, including myself.
                            Maybe it is just a missing comma in the email addresses???

Ugh, I can not stand when stuff does not work properly.
                            Good luck
                            Keep us posted
                            We already setup a second email address in there as a test to see what is, or isn't happening.

Comment

Oh!
                              Ugh......there shouldn't be but a minute's delay in after creating the ressie or the lead that you get the email!

I just got a reservation from the website!
                              And the email came that quickly!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X