Y2K Bug Bit Us - PTI Panel - No Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y2K Bug Bit Us - PTI Panel - No Access

I’m an IT guy. I’ve got a customer with a PTI panel and StorLogix software. They are locked out today. The keypad shows a date of Sunday 01/02/:0. So, since the date didn’t set correctly, nothing works. I have WiFi into the building but nothing else. I can’t access the office computer. I thought about using the iOS app but that doesn’t connect. It needs a site code and port number. I have neither. The manager isn’t any help on those. Ideas?

And no, I have no clue on a panel model or firmware version.

We ended up finding a way to break in without too much damage. Resetting the panel caused it to come back up with the correct date and everything now works.

Comment

Well, at least all computer systems didn't crash like what was expected and worried about, 20 years ago. Computers are great, till they aren't.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Thanks for posting this info. We expierenced the exact thing Jan 1st 2020. Some keypads remained able to function, others gave same message 'ID Expired...' Just accessing Storlogix relay controlls restored the panel to full function. No problems thereafter.
        John Johnson
        ICU America LLC

Comment

Wow go figure. That seems odd that a computer program does not understand a year change.
          Glad the reset worked. When all else fails that is normally the fix. We should all learn to stop wasting time and do that first. Creatures of habit I guess.
          Joe Krezdorn
          DAK Self Storage
          Leesport, PA 19533
          www.dakselfstorage.com

Comment

Originally posted by dakselfstorage View Post
            Wow go figure. That seems odd that a computer program does not understand a year change.
            Glad the reset worked. When all else fails that is normally the fix. We should all learn to stop wasting time and do that first. Creatures of habit I guess.
            It's really amazing how many people don't try this method first. I'm always the go to for IT help in our company and by the time they reach out to me they've usually spent days trying to figure it out, bugging the owners etc. only for me to tell them to reset the device and voila, it works again.

Comment

It's a simple code fix, if only people would think ahead... sorry you all had the stress, glad a simple reset worked.
              Gina 6k
              twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
              VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
              storagebizhelp[email protected]

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
              I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

Originally posted by ICU America View Post
                Thanks for posting this info. We expierenced the exact thing Jan 1st 2020. Some keypads remained able to function, others gave same message 'ID Expired...' Just accessing Storlogix relay controlls restored the panel to full function. No problems thereafter.
                John Johnson
                ICU America LLC
                Same think here with the ID Expired... Hopefully they fix this problem before 2030.

Comment

For future reference, I have PTI with StorLogix and use their app. I was able to contact tech support and they got everything set up for me to use the app, because I did not know what to input either. They will provide all of that at the end when they are done remoting in Good luck and I'm glad you got it fixed!

Comment

We regret that there was a problem in our system. I'm totally embarrassed by it. Something in the controller firmware didn't handle the date change correctly and if your controller wasn't connected to your LogixServer service on the PC then the keypads would display a date of 1/1/10 instead of 1/1/20.

The fix basically was to start up the PC and connect to the XT controller. Once this was done then the time would reset to the current date.

Regards,

Robert Toy
                    PTI Security Systems

Comment

Thanks for clarifying, Robert!
                      Amy Campbell
                      Editor
                      Inside Self-Storage
                      [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

Latest Topics