Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PTI Question - Automatic Access to Temp Controlled Buildings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTI Question - Automatic Access to Temp Controlled Buildings?

For those folks that have temperature controlled and non-temperature controlled units...does your PTI / Storlogix allow automatic access to the site (gate) + the temperature controlled building, or do you have do add that 2nd access level (access to the temperature control building) manually.

For example, a tenant rents a drive-up unit. They get site access only.

A tenant rents a unit in a temperature controlled building (that has pin pad electric strike access at the doors). They get site access + access to that temperature controlled building.

Does your software do this automatically, or do you have to manually add the access to the temp controlled building?

(For reference, using StorEDGE and PTI/Storlogix non-could version). PTI installer is saying that any temp controlled tenants need to get access added manually after they rent.
    Last edited by PKStorage; 19 January 2020, 04:07 PM.

I can't speak for StorEdge specifically (you probably can, but I can't say for sure), but you should be able to assign separate access points for your customers how you want.

I would probably just reach out to StorEdge to let them walk you through.
    Kevin Kerr
    Storage Commander Cloud Software
    k[email protected]
    Direct - 951.867.4732

Comment

When I had PTI and Sitelink, we had several different buildings, one with climate control, vault and wine access. Vault and wine didn't get access to the gate since they were in the office area, same with bldg a, b and c, no access to vault or wine so it should be possible for you to separate it out however you need to.
      Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin SC View Post
        I can't speak for StorEdge specifically (you probably can, but I can't say for sure), but you should be able to assign separate access points for your customers how you want.

I would probably just reach out to StorEdge to let them walk you through.
        StorEDGE says they just send a basic text file to Storlogix that gives the tenants name, unit #, and pin code.

I would think PTI would be able to assign units access. So that the PTI systems knows anyone in that unit # range (the units in the temp controlled building) all get access to the site and that unit. Versus all the other units get only the site access.

Comment

Correct that the management software communicates with the gates via text file, but there should still be a configuration on the front end through your management software like Krisin described as is the same with Storage Commander Cloud.

But yes, worst case scenario you should be able to manually assign that access through Storlogix as well if Storedge doesn't have that.
          Kevin Kerr
          k[email protected]
          Direct - 951.867.4732

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin SC View Post
            Correct that the management software communicates with the gates via text file, but there should still be a configuration on the front end through your management software like Krisin described as is the same with Storage Commander Cloud.

But yes, worst case scenario you should be able to manually assign that access through Storlogix as well if Storedge doesn't have that.
            Thanks.

I spoke to StorEDGE about it, and they stated they just send the basic file (name + unit # + gate code) but that they don't control the access levels, that is done via Storlogix.

That may or may not be correct. I'll have to call again and see if I get a different answer.

Comment

Hi,

StorLogix can be set up to do what you want, based on the tenant's Access Level. Units inside your building would be allowed in that area, and unit's outside would not. One of our tech support personnel will be happy to assist you in getting this set up. You will need to submit a support ticket through our website.

Regards,

Robert Toy
              PTI Security Systems

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                Hi,

StorLogix can be set up to do what you want, based on the tenant's Access Level. Units inside your building would be allowed in that area, and unit's outside would not. One of our tech support personnel will be happy to assist you in getting this set up. You will need to submit a support ticket through our website.

Regards,

Robert Toy
                PTI Security Systems
                Thanks Robert, always good to hear from the source.
                Kevin Kerr
                k[email protected]
                Direct - 951.867.4732

Comment

We use Sitelink and PTI/Storlogix. Storlogix is where the access is set up, and that is specific to their unit number. Tenants only have access to their building and their floor.

When we had DigiGate, we had to manually change access during every rental to give them access where they rented. Storlogix is easy because we don't have to do anything!
                  MamaDuke

Comment

Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post
                    We use Sitelink and PTI/Storlogix. Storlogix is where the access is set up, and that is specific to their unit number. Tenants only have access to their building and their floor.

When we had DigiGate, we had to manually change access during every rental to give them access where they rented. Storlogix is easy because we don't have to do anything!
                    Thanks.

So you are saying that in Storlogix, the UNIT # get's assigned access levels?

So if storEDGE sends of rental information to Storlogix for a specific unit...its Storlogix that allows whoever is assigned to that unit the 2 access levels? (In our case main gate, and the CC building).

Comment

Originally posted by PKStorage View Post

Thanks.

So if storEDGE sends of rental information to Storlogix for a specific unit...its Storlogix that allows whoever is assigned to that unit the 2 access levels? (In our case main gate, and the CC building).
                      you have to program it to do that. We use StorLogix/PTI w/ SiteLink and anyone can access anywhere with their code. THEY don't know their code will work on a climate hall when they only have a non-climate unit, but we do not have our property set-up as intricate as stated above in StorLogix

Comment

Originally posted by PKStorage View Post

Thanks.

Yes. It's in the programming of Storlogix. Once it's set up correctly, you don't have to do anything more.
                        MamaDuke

Comment

Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post

Yes. It's in the programming of Storlogix. Once it's set up correctly, you don't have to do anything more.
                          OK, thanks for the input. I'll reach out to Storlogix with that support ticket.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X