StorEdge New Sales Tax Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StorEdge New Sales Tax Report

Hey everyone I am trying to work on my end of quarter and year stuff this weekend. I went to generate my quarterly sales tax report so I could pay my sales taxes and I am finding that the new StorEdge Sales tax report doesn't work. Mine is displaying incorrect data in almost every column. It even has different numbers for my city tax gross sales and the state tax gross sales which should be the same number.

Has anyone else ran into this that they know a fix for? Or am I stuck waiting for support?

At least you have a sales tax report. I use 6 storage and have been asking for almost a year to get a sales tax report. It keeps falling on deaf ears. I have to keep an excel spread sheet of all transactions in addition to 6 storage software just so I can pay my monthly sales tax.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkey View Post
      At least you have a sales tax report. I use 6 storage and have been asking for almost a year to get a sales tax report. It keeps falling on deaf ears. I have to keep an excel spread sheet of all transactions in addition to 6 storage software just so I can pay my monthly sales tax.
      Wow that would be a pain in the ass.

StorEdge when I first converted didn't have a working sales tax report, but I was able to get numbers from other spots that I could make work. Then sometime over a year ago they fixed the problem, and the sales tax report was working properly.

Sometime recently they updated the sales tax report again to "Improve it" but those improvements have appeared to break the report again.

Comment

Shameless bump, I haven't gotten any answers about my broken reports from StorEdge yet. Only have a couple more days to get these reports turned in. Let this be a reminder folks procrastination doesn't pay lol.

Comment

I don't do the taxes but if I run a report it looks right to me.
          What is the report doing???
          Showing the wrong tax % amount?
          What are your tax settings set at? What percentage and is that correct?
          Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

When I pull up my quarterly report it shows my rental revenue for the quarter as -.70 Taxable income is -.35. The next columns are for sales tax payable to state and city. The basis of which is different for both but should be exactly the same. Since everything that has a state sales tax also has the city sales tax. Then under the totals it shows a receipts totals that is actually double what it was.

On the far right side it does display sales tax payable numbers that might be right actually, but how am I to trust those numbers if every other number is wrong

Comment

We use storEDGE, when you are figuring out the taxes that you've collected, you will need to ensure that via the corp section it is all set up right. When storEDGE pushed a lot of the items from the site level to corp we had issues all over and had to manually make correction and re-set up fees & retail items. That would be your first place to check and ensure that it's all set up right
              Thanks!

Comment

Well still no answer from StorEdge, they have confirmed my sales tax report was broken. They also couldn't find someone in their company to tell me what is included in the Accounts Payable line on the general ledger report, which I thought was more strange than the report not working.

I came in with the expectation that I would not have a report for this last quarters taxes.

So I was forced to use the incorrect information to file my taxes yesterday, and then will have to file a amended return later once I get an answer.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LoisG
                  Reply to I have to stop doing this...
                  by LoisG
                  " It's 'storage'. Not a place to visit your stuff."

HAHAHAHA! Love that!...
                  Today, 05:47 PM
                • KrisinWA
                  by KrisinWA
                  I do have a business upstairs, but even she isn't here sleeping in the unit. She's legit getting packages ready to ship. We have real estate agents/stagers etc. I'm not against people working in their units, just 'loitering'....
                  Today, 05:43 PM
                • LoisG
                  by LoisG
                  Now that would be cool to have the police store evidence in a storage locker. Definitely a good way to establish a relationship with your local police. This would be a good marketing idea in our area actually....

At my last property we let people work out of their units. Usually...
                  Today, 05:37 PM
                Working...
                X