Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perimeter Security / Fence Alarm System question

Hi Everyone,

I'm posting here to reach out and ask, how many of you guys have an issues with people cutting your fence and breaking into the facility?

I'm looking for ways to spread the word about my company and wondering what would be the best way to inform the Self-storage community about security systems and the possibilities out there.

Dori Ribak (Mr.)
    RBtec Perimeter Security Systems
    Email: [email protected]
    Phone: 301 760-4016
    Last edited by Amy_ISS; 13 May 2020, 10:38 AM.

What areas in US do you service? And also what specific perimeter security do you recommend for self-storages?

Comment

We are a manufacturer of a sensor cable that can be attached to a fence and detect cutting or climbing, it's designed to be connected to any standard alarm system.
      We sell nationwide in the US and Canada, we are not the installer. The facility owner can take any local contractor to install it for him/her.

I'm interested in how many facility owner or operators deal with the threat of break-ins through the fence line.

Comment

Originally posted by RBtec View Post
        We are a manufacturer of a sensor cable that can be attached to a fence and detect cutting or climbing, it's designed to be connected to any standard alarm system.
        Oh, I see. Thanks. How reliable is that sensor cable? And also, how does it work -- does it sense vibrations, electrical signal, or what, can you give some details?

We currently have an old DigiGate system that uses infrared beams for perimeter security and those worked really well for us. But we may need something else for our expansion area. I'm just not very clear on how this sensor cable works.

Also did anyone here have it installed/tested?

Comment

Originally posted by RBtec View Post
          Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for ways to spread the word about my company and wondering what would be the best way to inform the Self-storage community about security systems and the possibilities out there.

Dori Ribak (Mr.)
          RBtec Perimeter Security Systems
          Email: [email protected]
          Phone: 301 760-4016
          The best way to let everyone know about your services is to advertise with Inside Self Storage and Join the National Self Storage Association. Participate in national and state self storage trade shows to meet people in our industry. That is how I always find my vendors and make decisions regarding operations and construction. These venues get you directly to the owners and decision makers. You can also create relationships that will help you build your business.

Good Luck!
          Stephanie Tharpe
          President
          A+ Management Group, LP
          Nashville, TN
          www.aplusmanagementgroup.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
          www.tnssa.net

Comment

To answer your question: Anyone who has fences worries about a breach. That set up you have, how sensitive is it? Can an animal walking next to it that hits the fence set off the alarms? Can a stiff wind that shakes the fence set off the alarms?
            "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
              To answer your question: Anyone who has fences worries about a breach. That set up you have, how sensitive is it? Can an animal walking next to it that hits the fence set off the alarms? Can a stiff wind that shakes the fence set off the alarms?
              Exactly.

MusicCity Gal what you brought up is the marketing 101. Yes. But is it helpful for general consumer? NO! I'm surprised that you pick your vendors at those shows. In my experience, they were nothing more than just a parade of glitz. But in reality it doesn't tell you anything. For me the best way is to do what he'd done here. To post an open question to the community. This forum had taught me a helluva lot more than any of those conventions. What I mean is the interaction with people and not just with vendors with their commercials. When you have someone here, an actual user of the product, who can recommend it -- such endorsement is a thousand times better than any kind of glitzy brochure or a fake handshake that I used to get there. Our owner signed up for Site Link that way after all. That's a lesson in itself

Anyway, if RBtec is willing to actually answer our questions here, that would be very helpful to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by bnr_manager View Post

Exactly.

MusicCity Gal what you brought up is the marketing 101. Yes. But is it helpful for general consumer? NO! I'm surprised that you pick your vendors at those shows. In my experience, they were nothing more than just a parade of glitz. But in reality it doesn't tell you anything. For me the best way is to do what he'd done here. To post an open question to the community. This forum had taught me a helluva lot more than any of those conventions. What I mean is the interaction with people and not just with vendors with their commercials. When you have someone here, an actual user of the product, who can recommend it -- such endorsement is a thousand times better than any kind of glitzy brochure or a fake handshake that I used to get there. Our owner signed up for Site Link that way after all. That's a lesson in itself

Anyway, if RBtec is willing to actually answer our questions here, that would be very helpful to start with.
                I actually attend those shows, set up meetings with the vendors, and converse in a private area. They are all willing to do that especially since they are required to be there a certain amount of time, and trade show hours can be limited. In my opinion, that is a fantastic way to get exposure. I am sorry you had a different experience, but my experience has always been wonderful. Vendors are very loyal to a face and established relationship as well. More so than an empty online communication. I know all of my vendor reps personally and not just via the internet.

That will always be my recommendation.

If someone on here started a thread where they were specifically looking for fencing information, that would be a great way to interact. That is not the case for this. The OP stated: I'm looking for ways to spread the word about my company and wondering what would be the best way to inform the Self-storage community about security systems and the possibilities out there.

I simply answered his question.
                Stephanie Tharpe
                President
                A+ Management Group, LP
                Nashville, TN
                www.aplusmanagementgroup.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
                www.tnssa.net

Comment

Yes you did MCG. A better path to get his product out there is needed.
                  "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by MusicCity Gal View Post
                    If someone on here started a thread where they were specifically looking for fencing information, that would be a great way to interact. That is not the case for this..
                    Yes, I agree with you on that one. It sounds more like a marketing trick. On reddit for instance a post like that would've been deleted a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by MusicCity Gal View Post

If someone on here started a thread where they were specifically looking for fencing information, that would be a great way to interact. That is not the case for this. The OP stated: I'm looking for ways to spread the word about my company and wondering what would be the best way to inform the Self-storage community about security systems and the possibilities out there.

I simply answered his question.
                      Well, that's not what I said or wrote. MamaDuke wrote it. My original post was completely different and it was an open question.
                      It's not a marketing trick since I didn't start by trying to sell anything and I still don't.
                      I'm more trying to understand what owners deal with, what solutions they used so far, and what was the success.

Last edited by Amy_ISS; 12 May 2020, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Wow, this thread got out of hand quick. SST has a strict no advertising policy. If you're not familiar with the rules, please read them thoroughly. MamaDuke, who's a moderator, followed our protocol when she edited the thread. I can no longer see what the original thread said, but I can tell that the posts that followed definitely violate our site rules so I've deleted them.

If you're a vendor and you want to help our members, you can certainly ask them about their needs. You can't talk about your product. Any member can send a PM if they want more specifics from another member.
                        Amy Campbell
                        Editor
                        Inside Self-Storage
                        [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

RBtec yes, MusicCity Gal is correct in that sense. You'll need to secure a spot in that self storage expo that they hold in LV. (used to hold, I guess I should say. Don't know what this pandemic will do to it now.) Anyway, that's a proper way to do marketing for your company and you will have a good outreach too. Although, I expressed above what I think about those trade shows. It's my personal opinion though. I've been there twice.

Anyway, thanks for the follow-up. The video is helpful in that it at least shows the product. I'm still somewhat skeptical though like pacnwstorage , until someone (regular) on this forum confirms or denies your claims. And, NO thank you, I don't need your own references for that.

In our case we have about 500 by 200 foot area with a fence like you showed, that I was trying to find ways to secure with a perimeter beam (within a reasonable cost.) And failed ... Our installer brought up a solution based on the wire like yours, but he said he cannot guarantee that it won't be going off every time we have a windstorm. Our fence is not just a clear one like you have in that demo though. We have vertical plastic slats in it (to cover the view) that will add to the tension or to the wind-sail factor. So my honest opinion is that I will need to hear from someone who actually used that solution for a while before I can recommend it to the owner.

Comment

​​
                            Originally posted by bnr_manager View Post
                            RBtec

In our case we have about 500 by 200 foot area with a fence like you showed, that I was trying to find ways to secure with a perimeter beam (within a reasonable cost.) And failed ... Our installer brought up a solution based on the wire like yours, but he said he cannot guarantee that it won't be going off every time we have a windstorm. Our fence is not just a clear one like you have in that demo though. We have vertical plastic slats in it (to cover the view) that will add to the tension or to the wind-sail factor. So my honest opinion is that I will need to hear from someone who actually used that solution for a while before I can recommend it to the owner.
                            No issue.
                            0129201108_HDR_01.jpgIRONCLAD_Perimetre_Securitu_System.jpg

Attached Files

Comment

Well, that's something to consider. Thank you.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X