Anyone have QuikStor gate system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have QuikStor gate system?

Ours works great-have had QS look at it, the program is working fine, but the gate isn't opening in the morning, nor closing at night, except by me manually doing it. Whereas it used to do this automatically.
    Everyone's codes are fine, access is fine, fine fine fine.

I've exhausted my mechanical knowledge (it can fill a thimble, truly). I've opened the gatebox and flipped the power switch etc. Rebooted the computer *several times*

Bupkis. I have to open and close it manually.

Is there something that someone else has discovered that will miraculously heal this stupid thing?
    Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

dakselfstorage

Comment

I did not know that we had a setting to open in the morning and close at a set time.
      If the codes work, why not just leave the gate closed all the time?
      Joe Krezdorn
      DAK Self Storage
      Leesport, PA 19533
      www.dakselfstorage.com

Comment

Originally posted by dakselfstorage View Post
        I did not know that we had a setting to open in the morning and close at a set time.
        If the codes work, why not just leave the gate closed all the time?
        This was my first reaction as well. Are you getting an access granted message on the keypads when the codes are entered? Or I guess this may not even be a keypad issues at all if you are not using the keypads to open the gate.

Though if you are not using the keypads to open the gate what are you using them for?

Comment

Her post is somewhat confusing to me as well.

I was going to say that maybe the gates motor needs new batteries BUT she went on to say that the gate works...I think that is what she meant!
          But if the tenants codes work to open and close WHY then do you have this setting at to open and then close at a certain time of the day?
          Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

The company wants us to be open while staff is here because it's more welcoming. Our office is inside of the gates so that keeps non-tenants out if it's closed.
            The motor does have a battery back up but I don't think that's the glitch.

WA State

Comment

Do the buttons inside the gate operator allow the gate to open and close separate from the keypads? Or is your gate completely not responsive to keypads, remotes, or local buttons?

Comment

Originally posted by RandyL View Post
                Do the buttons inside the gate operator allow the gate to open and close separate from the keypads? Or is your gate completely not responsive to keypads, remotes, or local buttons?
                No, it's completely responsive. We only have the one gate-and we have businesses that come in first thing and everything is working fine for that.

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinWA View Post

No, it's completely responsive. We only have the one gate-and we have businesses that come in first thing and everything is working fine for that.
                  Are you saying that there is supposed to be a setting that tells the gate to open at a specific time and to stay open, and then to close at a certain time and stay closed except for keypad entries?

If that is the case I have never heard of any keypad system having that option, but it is not something I have ever needed to look for or ask about

Comment

Originally posted by RandyL View Post

Are you saying that there is supposed to be a setting that tells the gate to open at a specific time and to stay open, and then to close at a certain time and stay closed except for keypad entries?

If that is the case I have never heard of any keypad system having that option, but it is not something I have ever needed to look for or ask about
                    Yeah, it's set to automatically open just after 9 am and close just after 6 pm. Open all day while a manager is here.

WA State

Comment

Hmm, I just looked at our Gate controller and see no type of setting for this.
                      Keep us posted.
                      I do know that you can do a hold open via the controller.
                      Joe Krezdorn
                      DAK Self Storage
                      Leesport, PA 19533
                      www.dakselfstorage.com

Comment

Originally posted by dakselfstorage View Post
                        Hmm, I just looked at our Gate controller and see no type of setting for this.
                        Keep us posted.
                        I do know that you can do a hold open via the controller.
                        Well, the gate box is fine-he said it's a relay in the computer system. He was here for 5 minutes. Soooo, we're waiting for the next step.

WA State

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X