Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to disable payments on an account in Site Link?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to disable payments on an account in Site Link?

We have an account that we sent a termination notice for the next month. I'm wondering if there's a way to disable a possibility to make a payment on that account in Site Link?

I don't know, good question and I have wondered that on occasion for the same reason. I know that there is a way to disable web payments but IDK about "normal" payments.
    The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

The best you can do is a note in red in the Tenant Note on the screen. Maybe also note in a phone number cell so it shows there, too?
      MamaDuke

Comment

Just as MamaDuke stated. Or in the section for "Company Name" you could notate it there, as well, in case someone happens to not check the front payment screen or if they process payments thru the "Call Past Dues" screen where the red notes aren't visible.

Comment

You'll also want to disable web access so the person doesn't go online and pay...if that's on option for your tenants.

Comment

Originally posted by dtinfla View Post
            You'll also want to disable web access so the person doesn't go online and pay...if that's on option for your tenants.
            On the secondary tenant page there is a little box that says 'disable web access' if I'm not mistaken, just tick that and they can't pay online.
            Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Yeah, thanks everyone. Unfortunately all those tiny notes in plain font, etc. don't really help much. I've been there myself. Say, you're outside, doing something, or you may be busy with another move-in, your mind is basically somewhere else. Then this tenant comes in and says, "hey, I want to make a payment." So you obviously rush in, pull up their account. And at that point, the screen is too busy for you to read any notes or anything else. Plus the fact that the software is so poorly designed that that red note line is used pretty much for a bunch of other things, has a consequence of you getting desensitized and just gloss it over. (I've done that many times.) We had another software (before the owner switched us to this one) that had a large white area for notes that would also allow to change font size and color. That set up would make a note stand out.

What I'm trying to say is that by not having a feature that plain disables the payment button, the rest of the solutions with notes don't really work that well. (And yes, we use the note solution already.)

Comment

Originally posted by bnr_manager View Post
                We have an account that we sent a termination notice for the next month. I'm wondering if there's a way to disable a possibility to make a payment on that account in Site Link?
                If you go into the account and under ledger settings, change the rental rate to zero $0.00 it will not allow you to make a payment until you adjust the rate to larger than $0.00. I would also disable the web access as well. Just remember once unit is vacant to add the regular unit rate back.

Comment

Originally posted by GM - StacieJ. - BSS View Post

If you go into the account and under ledger settings, change the rental rate to zero $0.00 it will not allow you to make a payment until you adjust the rate to larger than $0.00. I would also disable the web access as well. Just remember once unit is vacant to add the regular unit rate back.
                  That's an interesting idea. Thanks. I didn't know about zero-rent thing.

Comment

That's an interesting idea. Thanks. I didn't know about zero-rent thing.

I ran across a problem tenant that we where having vacate the unit due to multiple issues. The tenant would go online after hours and make a pymt extending the paid thru date. So I thought about it and figured I'd put the rate at zero because for us online payments would not allow you to make an advance payment, the rental amount had to be generated on the account. So I made it zero, hoping the online payment would not allow them to make a pre payment and to my surprise it worked. Sometimes we have to be more crafty than some of these sneaky tenants.

Comment

I ran across a problem tenant that we where having vacate the unit due to multiple issues. The tenant would go online after hours and make a pymt extending the paid thru date. So I thought about it and figured I'd put the rate at zero because for us online payments would not allow you to make an advance payment, the rental amount had to be generated on the account. So I made it zero, hoping the online payment would not allow them to make a pre payment and to my surprise it worked. Sometimes we have to be more crafty than some of these sneaky tenants.
                      Genius.
                      Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Better yet, change the rent to $999 per month. Hahaha! I am sure they would not want to pay that. Of course I am joking, but that would sure shock the tenant.

Comment

Unfortunately all those tiny notes in plain font, etc. don't really help much.
                          I just don't understand why SiteLink still has no feature for pop-up notes on tenant accounts after all these years of development. Seems like a no-brainer and dead-simple to program.

Comment

Originally posted by RMRSS View Post

I just don't understand why SiteLink still has no feature for pop-up notes on tenant accounts after all these years of development. Seems like a no-brainer and dead-simple to program.
                            Heyyyy, but we can do receipt audits now

Comment

Originally posted by RMRSS View Post

Hey, don't get me started. There's like a million of other things that that software doesn't do. I guess, you don't need to worry if you're the only game in town. (Didn't some company pretty much buy all those storage management products?)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Steve_hajewski
                                Reply to Cost to build climate control units
                                by Steve_hajewski
                                Above examples is $55 per sq ft. Climate controlled single story will typically cost around 50 to 60 per sqft for eveything excluding land and grading issues other than simply stripping some topsoil and adding fill. Big variables can include level of insulation needed to meet your energy codes, and...
                                Today, 06:48 AM
                              • RandyL
                                Reply to US Reaches 200,000 COVID-19 Deaths
                                by RandyL
                                I understand that from what I said in my post, I imagine the correction was more for other posters. Even those what Dr. Artandi said is right, my question remains about how many more deaths we will have for 2020.

Covid may have ended their lives early, but their underlying issues may...
                                Yesterday, 11:37 PM
                              • Storman
                                If you can vote in CA, please vote NO on Prop 15
                                by Storman
                                This is the proposition that removes the protections of Prop 13 that capped annual property tax increases for both businesses and residences. You can be sure, that if they're able to overturn the Prop 13 protections for business, they'll be coming after those same protections for your house soon. Prop...
                                Yesterday, 10:26 PM
                              Working...
                              X