Facial Recognition Ban in Portland Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facial Recognition Ban in Portland Oregon

The city council in Portland, Oregon has a ban on the use of facial recognition by public and private parties.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-...technology-ban

I had been investigating an addition to my security system, that would automatically notify me by email or text if a person or car was on camera at my facilities. I assume this is the type of technology the city is looking to ban, and of course more advanced types of devices.

I know this is likely not something to spread very far, they are a little crazy in Portland to begin with after allowing rioting and destruction in their own town for 100 days straight.

I wonder if the motive is to prevent private business camera's to be used to prosecute people destroying their property.

Any reason you can come up with to protect a criminal(s), the Portland city council is all for it, period. Way before the riots they have been known to be nut jobs and the libs all over that town deserve it for voting them in. Portland is a hell hole and full of needles, urine, feces and idiots. Roses don't even want to be associated with that city anymore. The city council has their own protection provided to them and they don't care about the rest of the population.

Frankly, I wish they had an earthquake and that whole city fell right in the ocean.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

I think it's a good move, it protects personal freedoms and privacy.

Comment

There is no PRIVACY in public. That statement makes no sense. Privacy is at home or work even but not always at work. You think the boss doesn't monitor anything you do on your work computer, yes he/she does.

You think you have privacy on social media, NOT.

Comment

It protects people from companies using their faces and overreaching. “Technology exists to make our lives easier, not for public and private entities to use as a weapon against the very citizens they serve and accommodate,” I thought you conservatives liked to keep your privacy. haha

Comment

How do the companies use their faces? I am curious. The facial recognition is mainly used for tracking criminals. If it was a child that is kidnapped, would you want that tool in your bag to help you find that child? Say no, I bet you don't. I have nothing to hide because I don't break laws. Criminals are the ones that hate facial recognition. In the public, there is no PRIVACY, period.

Hell, even your trash at the curb has no privacy. I like my privacy but always accept the lack of it in public because I have nothing to hide. Wear a mask if you want privacy.

Comment

I agree with Pac, there is no privacy in public. I am in CT, we have cameras throughout the town I live in, not aware if they are face recognition . They way I see it, who cares, if your not breaking the law or a wanted criminal I could care less that there are cameras all over. if you are worried about your privacy, don't go out in public, problem solved.
              Last edited by GM - StacieJ. - BSS; 10 September 2020, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GM - StacieJ. - BSS View Post
                I agree with Pac, there is no privacy in public. I am in CT, we have cameras throughout the town I live in, not aware if they are face recognition . They way I see it, who cares, if your not breaking the law or a wanted criminal I could care less that there are cameras all over. if you are worried about your privacy, don't go out in public, problem solved.
                Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by GM - StacieJ. - BSS View Post
                  This is why I am not against the speed cameras they have on the highway here. They only give a ticket if you are going 12 over the speed limit. As I mentioned earlier I was already interested in a device that would connect to my DVR that I would be able to take footage that has been recorded and tell it to alert me if a specific vehicle comes onto the property, it can also do so for a person as well.

Comment

Crazy. Most people that complain of the facial recognition are all over social media telling/bragging about anything personal about themselves. I am not on social media and will stay that way. They are as bad at brainwashing people as schools are to kids.

I bet more than 75% of kids in school don't know the count of stripes on a flag and what they stand for. You can bet they know how to kneel though. You know, so they can play marbles with the rest of them.
                    Last edited by pacnwstorage; 10 September 2020, 05:55 PM.

Comment

RandyL which product did you like best as I am looking to consider this at my new construction? TIA

Originally posted by RandyL View Post

This is why I am not against the speed cameras they have on the highway here. They only give a ticket if you are going 12 over the speed limit. As I mentioned earlier I was already interested in a device that would connect to my DVR that I would be able to take footage that has been recorded and tell it to alert me if a specific vehicle comes onto the property, it can also do so for a person as well.

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post

I bet more than 75% of kids in school don't know the count of stripes on a flag and what they stand for. You can bet they know how to kneel though. You know, so they can play marbles with the rest of them.
                        Wow....bashing kids now, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Middlebury.storage View Post
                          RandyL which product did you like best as I am looking to consider this at my new construction? TIA

I haven't tried one yet, the one I am looking at is made by Hikvision.

Comment

It's not the kids being bashed. It's what they are TAUGHT that is being bashed. Kids minds are being molded by exactly what I stated. That is very clear in the entire post and not as clear in the only portion you choose to highlight. I am like the Press Secretary, I will not allow one or two sentences to be used the wrong way when it was very clear what I said. By the way, what is wrong with playing marbles.

As my signature says, Not gonna let the inmates run the asylum.

I don't bash kids, they are the innocents here. Once they become adults, they can defend themselves.
                            Last edited by pacnwstorage; 10 September 2020, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
                              It's not the kids being bashed. It's what they are TAUGHT that is being bashed. Kids minds are being molded by exactly what I stated. That is very clear in the entire post and not as clear in the only portion you choose to highlight. I am like the Press Secretary, I will not allow one or two sentences to be used the wrong way when it was very clear what I said. By the way, what is wrong with playing marbles.

As my signature says, Not gonna let the inmates run the asylum.

I don't bash kids, they are the innocents here. Once they become adults, they can defend themselves.
                              I only selected that section due to the above portion mentioning the school, yet the second paragraph went in on the kids. Nothing wrong with playing marbles...if you're fortunate enough to have em all and not lost em

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X