Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Hello! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk! Please be patient with us as registration make take longer to process around the holidays. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

PCI Compliance problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCI Compliance problems?

Hi all,

I use Sitelink Merchant Services for my credit card processing, and they use Clover Security to determine PCI compliance.

I have had a lot of problems getting my scans to pass. Has anyone else had problems with this? I have a rural Internet provider, and I'm wondering if I need a dynamic IP address instead of static...

Any help would be appreciated! I'm a one man show, so I'm the IT department (but maybe I need to have some help in this area)...

Thanks,

Tim
    Penntown Storage

MamaDuke

Comment

I have come to the conclusion that PCI compliance is unattainable for a small operator.

Comment

Hi Underhill Enterprises, you'll need a static IP address. We'd love to have Support walk you through this. They can be reached at 919-865-0789 Option 4 > Option 1, or if you want to message me with the best way to reach you, I can have them contact you directly. Thank you for being a customer! ~Amy C.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_hajewski View Post
          I have come to the conclusion that PCI compliance is unattainable for a small operator.
          I agree, sadly.
          MamaDuke

Comment

We are a small operator and ours has always passed but it was difficult at first. I had to get our IT guy involved to make it pass. He advised me that we would need a static IP address. Once we did that, we have passed ever since.
            Linden Mini Storage, Reno, Nevada
            www.MiniStorageReno.com

Comment

Thank you to all who took the time to reply. I'll keep plugging away at it. I'm charged a $19.95 fee each month for non-compliance, so it's worth some effort...

Comment

Originally posted by storable-support View Post
                Hi Underhill Enterprises, you'll need a static IP address. We'd love to have Support walk you through this. They can be reached at 919-865-0789 Option 4 > Option 1, or if you want to message me with the best way to reach you, I can have them contact you directly. Thank you for being a customer! ~Amy C.
                Support for this issue has been amazing! And yes, you must have a static IP, dynamic will not pass.
                Stephanie Tharpe
                President
                A+ Management Group, LP
                Nashville, TN
                www.aplusmanagementgroup.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
                www.tnssa.net

Comment

Thanks for this feedback, MusicCity Gal! I'll be sure to make sure our team hears it; I'm sure it will make their days!
                  We wish you a happy, safe Thanksgiving

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• evansr
                    Reply to 2021 Goals & To Do's
                    by evansr
                    For our rate increases, we have taken a REIT approach, rates goes up on a schedule, but can easily be adjusted at a site level based on demand, customer issues, occupancies, etc.

Our discounts have been very limited already due to almost all unit groups being over 90%, if a discount is...
                    Today, 09:11 PM
                  • pacnwstorage
                    Reply to 2021 Goals & To Do's
                    by pacnwstorage
                    Are you sure one size fits all for all the facilities and neighborhoods they are in? We do rate increases as needed and not on a schedule of 9 months. I have had 6 years in a row of increases over the year before and will do it again this year for a total of 7. We stress the security of the facility...
                    Today, 08:29 PM
                  • evansr
                    2021 Goals & To Do's
                    by evansr
                    Hello Everyone, I am starting to put together our 2021 Goals and to-do's for our sites to present to the big boss for final approval. What is everyone looking at for 2021...with everything going on with this year, we still want to present a "normal" outlook and not "everything's on fire!"...
                    Today, 06:53 PM
                  Working...
                  X