Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electronic locks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Electronic locks

    Looking at building a new facility and I'm considering putting electronic locks in. Any recommendation of what companies sell them and I would also like to get people's feedback that have used electronic locks?
    Please post your feedback in the comments or sent me a private message if you're not comfortable sharing your information on the forum.
    Eli Miller
    http://www.woodsidestorage.rentals

  • #2
    Hey Eli,

    From customer feedback, I would say that either Janus's Noke Smart Entry System or PTI Security's DoorBoss locks are probably your best bet. If you're looking to start a new facility though, I might lean towards PTI Security's so you can take advantage of their other technology solutions such as their PTI Core IoT platform which has some really great tools that will keep your facility running smoothly.

    Here's some links to all of them though so you can make an informed decision yourself:

    https://www.janusintl.com/products/noke
    https://ptisecurity.com/products/doorboss/
    https://ptisecurity.com/products/core/

    Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions!
    Kevin Kerr
    Storage Commander Cloud Software
    k[email protected]
    Toll Free: 877.672.6257
    Direct: 951.867.4732

    Comment


    • #3
      I would definitely check with Janus and their Noke.

      I have quit recommending PTI due to their ticket support system. I have had two brand new sites that we needed their help getting up and running and their response times have been terrible! 10 days to two weeks. When you need support (which we pay for) you need it quick. Not in ten days. JMO...
      Stephanie Tharpe
      President
      A+ Management Group, LP
      Nashville, TN
      www.aplusmanagementgroup.com
      615.288.2162

      TNSSA Board of Directors
      www.tnssa.net

      Comment


      • #4
        Someone from Janus Noke was supposed to call me a few months ago. I was interested in the electronic locks with OL feature.
        Never heard from them.
        I wanted to know if it some how linked with software or had to OL manually?
        I guess they do not need or want my business if they were a good fit for our site.
        Joe Krezdorn
        DAK Self Storage
        Leesport, PA 19533
        www.dakselfstorage.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dakselfstorage View Post
          Someone from Janus Noke was supposed to call me a few months ago. I was interested in the electronic locks with OL feature.
          Never heard from them.
          I wanted to know if it some how linked with software or had to OL manually?
          I guess they do not need or want my business if they were a good fit for our site.
          I can tell you that the Door boss system will automatically overlock when a unit is marked as Delinquent in the StorLogix software, if you have the option turned on for that. You can set it so that all Vacant units are locked, all Rented units are locked, or just Delinquent only, or both Vacant and Rented, if you wish. The lock then unlocks when the tenant comes onsite if "rented" is selected. People will remember to not tailgate after they try to open their unit and can't because they didn't enter their code! There are other option settings for rented units as well. Ask me if you need more info.

          Robert Toy
          PTI Security Systems - A Division of HID Global

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dakselfstorage View Post
            Someone from Janus Noke was supposed to call me a few months ago. I was interested in the electronic locks with OL feature.
            Never heard from them.
            I wanted to know if it some how linked with software or had to OL manually?
            I guess they do not need or want my business if they were a good fit for our site.
            I have been trying to get a quote from Janus for replacement doors due to storm damage. I am almost 4 months after the storm and I still don't have all my estimates. If it takes this long just to get quotes for ordering doors, I wonder what the delay would be like if I actually ordered them from them.

            I have not purchased any Janus products before, but I have heard good things in the past. Maybe all of this is just Covid related.

            Comment


            • #7
              I appreciate all the information thanks keep it coming. I especially appreciate the feedback about customer service because I can't stand terrible customer service.
              Eli Miller
              http://www.woodsidestorage.rentals

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by RandyL View Post

                I have been trying to get a quote from Janus for replacement doors due to storm damage. I am almost 4 months after the storm and I still don't have all my estimates. If it takes this long just to get quotes for ordering doors, I wonder what the delay would be like if I actually ordered them from them.

                I have not purchased any Janus products before, but I have heard good things in the past. Maybe all of this is just Covid related.
                Randy,

                Have you just called them to get a quote on the doors you want to replace? Tell them the door sizes and they'll tell you how much that door is, or have them email you a quote. I called them last month and got prices on doors on the very same phone call.

                I paid for 19 doors on November 3rd and they were delivered to my facility on November 19th. A little over 2 weeks after placing my order..... Not bad at all.

                DBCI was a "little" cheaper on their doors, but they did not offer a weekly run to Oklahoma even though both Janus and DBCI have plants in Houston. Janus could deliver the doors for a little over $400 and DBCI wanted about $1,300. That cost them the deal. I don't understand how you don't have a weekly run to the next state over.....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Okie_Pilot View Post

                  Randy,

                  Have you just called them to get a quote on the doors you want to replace? Tell them the door sizes and they'll tell you how much that door is, or have them email you a quote. I called them last month and got prices on doors on the very same phone call.

                  I paid for 19 doors on November 3rd and they were delivered to my facility on November 19th. A little over 2 weeks after placing my order..... Not bad at all.

                  DBCI was a "little" cheaper on their doors, but they did not offer a weekly run to Oklahoma even though both Janus and DBCI have plants in Houston. Janus could deliver the doors for a little over $400 and DBCI wanted about $1,300. That cost them the deal. I don't understand how you don't have a weekly run to the next state over.....
                  Yeah I have talked to them, they even sent out a person to measure my door openings. Maybe it is just the sales person that I was assigned. I have had email conversations with a couple different people there. I really don't understand the delay.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RandyL View Post

                    I have been trying to get a quote from Janus for replacement doors due to storm damage. I am almost 4 months after the storm and I still don't have all my estimates. If it takes this long just to get quotes for ordering doors, I wonder what the delay would be like if I actually ordered them from them.

                    I have not purchased any Janus products before, but I have heard good things in the past. Maybe all of this is just Covid related.
                    Janus bought out the company that we used to buy our doors from. After putting one order thru with Janus we have never bothered to order from them again. Wrong sizes sent and damaged product. Could not get anyone from Janus to help with months of trying. Eventually gave up and ordered $100k of doors with a new company instead. This was a few years ago, I guess things haven't changed over there.

                    Janus even saw my posts here on the forum and said multiple times they would contact me and straighten it out. Still waiting for the call years later.

                    Comment

                    Latest Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X