Video Camera Challenges and How to Fix Them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Camera Challenges and How to Fix Them

A new article on the ISS website highlights five challenges operators often have with their security video and how to fix them. What are your biggest problems when it comes to security cameras?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

My biggest issue is motion sensitivity. You turn it up to high and every bug sets it off, turn it to low and it stops seeing motion after so many feet. My cameras are set on continuous record because of this. What happens is the FPS is turned up when the cameras sense motion, and it is turned down when there is no motion detected.

Anyone have a solution to this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by RandyL View Post
      My biggest issue is motion sensitivity. You turn it up to high and every bug sets it off, turn it to low and it stops seeing motion after so many feet. My cameras are set on continuous record because of this. What happens is the FPS is turned up when the cameras sense motion, and it is turned down when there is no motion detected.

Anyone have a solution to this problem?
      We were never able to find the "sweet spot" either and had to go back to 24/7 recording, like you.

Our biggest flaw in our system is that it's antique...as far as the tech world is anyway. Boss man has been talking about upgrading, but he likes to do everything himself, if he can, to save money. Not a bad idea, but I feel like we are in the dinosaur ages.

Comment

Our issue is entirely user error, but I’m not sure how to download the footage. We use someone local for the alarm monitoring and cameras. It makes a huge difference.

Comment

Lack of cameras.....
          Throw kindness around like Confetti - But don't get glitter in your eyes!

Comment

One of the biggest problems is service life. I do not know how long a system is designed for, but it always seems to be right after the warranty period. When I go to the owner about replacements, it is always 'Didn't we just replace those?'.

1. Service life
            2. Always less cameras than the facility managers want
            3. Quality of cameras (but that is improving, almost daily it seems, and costs are constantly dropping)
            4. Non-standard industry (you have to do some research to match up replacement cameras to dvr/nvr/base station so everything works)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X