Alarmed Units Brand/Company Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarmed Units Brand/Company Recommendations

Hi all! We are currently looking to upgrade our facility with more units, lighting, and cameras. When we do this we would also like to add alarms to all our unit doors. We know PTI offers them. What are your experiences with PTI's alarms? Are there other companies with alarms that are worth looking into? Thank you in advance for your opinions!

Hey there! Great topic, as we also use PTI and have 2 facilities with door alarms. To be honest, it's been a lifesaver ensuring delinquent tenants can't get into their units by tailgating onto the property. PTI uses 3 different types of alarms 1) Rented Unit Door Alarm - send you a push notification when a unit is opened, but that tenant is not on the property 2) Vacant Unit Door Alarm - sends a push notification to you anytime a vacant unit is opened (great for keeping vacant units clean) 3) Suspended Unit Door Alarm - used to catch delinquent tenants who tailgated and opened their unit.

We use their wired door alarms, but they also have wireless door alarms as well.

Another group you should look into is called Storage Defender. I believe they are new to the industry, but it looks like they use motion detection inside the units which is probably the most effective route, although it's likely more expensive than door contacts.

I highly recommend door alarms of some kind. They really do improve the overall security, and I've been able to charge a premium for them in my market as well.

Comment

I personally don’t like door alarms. I had the wired PTI system at one time. It seemed to be a never ending repair problem after a few years. Now we use gates, cameras and great lighting.

Comment

Originally posted by igotthisnow View Post
        I personally don’t like door alarms. I had the wired PTI system at one time. It seemed to be a never ending repair problem after a few years. Now we use gates, cameras and great lighting.
        From my experience, it's just comprised of 3 components; an input board, wiring, and door contacts. The technology has been around forever, and I've not had many issues with them at all. I agree though, gates, lighting, and cameras are a must. The door alarms are a nice-to-have; not a must-have.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X