SiteLink...Texting a prepayment reminder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SiteLink...Texting a prepayment reminder

Does anyone know how I can text a payment reminder from SiteLink. One can SMS a past due notice but not a pre-payment reminder...go figure.

This would simply need to say:

“Jeffery just a friendly reminder...your rent is due in 5 days at All Star Storage.”

I'm on anniversary billing and use Twilio for my SMS service as it's only .075 per text.

Any specific help would be appreciated

I think and this is a THINK, you would probably go to forms and add a new one you can have it say what you want... (set up and then form setup) I don't have the SMS set up, I just email , and If I get desperate as they are not getting back to me, I call then I will text from personal phone.... My boss just hasnt said yes to the SMS yet...

Comment

SBAZ, Thanks for the reply. I tried that. Sitelink will not allow it to be tied to the anniversary billing date. (as in -5 days)

Comment

interesting ok... I bet someone else will chime in and know how!!

Comment

storable-support Amy?

Comment

Thanks for flagging this, AngelaESSTX!
            Hi, igotthisnow. I crossposted this answer in the SiteLink StorageFourm too, hoping the answer would get to you more quickly (apologies for my delay!)
            The only prepayment reminder that CRM events use is related to a prepayment discount such as pay 12 get the 13th month for free. Invoicing is built around what the customer is trying to do where a notice is sent x many days before the rent is due with the amount due. Option 1 is to use simple certified mail to send a postcard invoice which is more expensive than SMS but cheaper than a regular letter. Option 2 is to create a past due event and set it to 1 day late, you can set up an SMS message to send then (but that would not be before rent is due.) Maybe once we have our own SMS integration we can expand on its functionality to better fit your needs! ~Amy C.

Comment

Originally posted by storable-support View Post
              Hi, igotthisnow. I crossposted this answer in the SiteLink StorageFourm too, hoping the answer would get to you more quickly (apologies for my delay!)
              The only prepayment reminder that CRM events use is related to a prepayment discount such as pay 12 get the 13th month for free. Invoicing is built around what the customer is trying to do where a notice is sent x many days before the rent is due with the amount due. Option 1 is to use simple certified mail to send a postcard invoice which is more expensive than SMS but cheaper than a regular letter. Option 2 is to create a past due event and set it to 1 day late, you can set up an SMS message to send then (but that would not be before rent is due.) Maybe once we have our own SMS integration we can expand on its functionality to better fit your needs! ~Amy C.
              Can't they create a new delinquency stage that doesn't incur a fee, but just sends a SMS message? This is what I do in StorEdge to accomplish the same thing.

The way mine looks is
              4 days past due, no fee, warning text message goes out
              5 days past due, $10 Late Fee, and email is automatically sent with notification the fee has been added.

This way I am sending 2 types of messages automatically to all delinquent customers on back to back dates.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyL View Post

Can't they create a new delinquency stage that doesn't incur a fee, but just sends a SMS message? This is what I do in StorEdge to accomplish the same thing.

The way mine looks is
                4 days past due, no fee, warning text message goes out
                5 days past due, $10 Late Fee, and email is automatically sent with notification the fee has been added.

This way I am sending 2 types of messages automatically to all delinquent customers on back to back dates.
                Yes, we can do that. But not for notices BEFORE the payment is due, which is what the OP is looking to do.
                MamaDuke

Comment

Thanks to all and Amy for the fix. I'll give that a whirl.

Comment

Originally posted by storable-support View Post
                    Seems like it should be easy enough for the developers to allow "negative" days past due to be selected for past due events, which would solve the problem. This could of course be used with email OR SMS delivery methods. For example, if someone is due on the 8th (Anniversary) and the past due event is set for "-6 Days past due when this event occurs", it would show up in Reminders on the 2nd.

Comment

RMRSS,

Yes.

Or allow the “invoice” to be SMS as long as another method of delivery was used as well.

Comment

Originally posted by igotthisnow View Post
                        RMRSS,

Yes.

Or allow the “invoice” to be SMS as long as another method of delivery was used as well.
                        Yeah - duh! I wasn't thinking earlier. Obviously the invoice is the most obvious thing to have an SMS option like any other letter. Why on earth does SiteLink not allow that? That's so strange!

Comment

You know friend, I've asked why it's not an option to 13 different Sitelink support staff and have gotten as many answers.

The last at the ISS Vegas meeting. It seems to have been an oversight is the most realistic answer. The invoice would have to be sent one other way, letter or email...but that's certainly no hurdle.

I wish they would fix it. If we can do past due notices why not invoices. Texting is certainly the way the world is tracking...

Comment

Originally posted by igotthisnow View Post
                            You know friend, I've asked why it's not an option to 13 different Sitelink support staff and have gotten as many answers.

The last at the ISS Vegas meeting. It seems to have been an oversight is the most realistic answer. The invoice would have to be sent one other way, letter or email...but that's certainly no hurdle.

I wish they would fix it. If we can do past due notices why not invoices. Texting is certainly the way the world is tracking...
                            I certainly don't understand some developer teams - and it's not just SiteLink's. I use Macs and I'm frequently shaking my head at the macOS developers too. Just like SiteLink, overall it's pretty great, but there are things that would be so incredibly easy to fix and they just don't for some odd reason. Search me!

Comment

We use Opentech to accomplish this. It's $25/month but gives a lot more options for texting before and after payment is due.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X