Credit Card machine/upgrade???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Card machine/upgrade???

I would like some advice on credit card machines. Currently we only have a card swipe device. The customer has to hand us their card to use it or we have to type the info in manually. Since the Pandemic, I've realized that it's not the safest way to process payments. I'm looking into getting a counter machine that customers can use themselves. We use StorEdge & Paya Processing. Not sure if that matters, but would appreciate any input.

I just grab my Lysol wipe and grab the CC with the wipe, wipe it down and swipe away!

I would think you can ask that question directly at storEDGE and see if they have such a CC swiping devise.

I use storEDGE and I already had in my office a CC swiper through U Haul though but it does work with storEDGE.
    Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

I refuse to upgrade from a standard swipe machine until someone forces us to do so. Lysol wipes or antibacterial after works just fine & most of ours are over the phone Most of the "upgrades" cost an arm and a leg even with making payments (and possibly a contract).......

Comment

Originally posted by BusyProperties View Post
        I refuse to upgrade from a standard swipe machine until someone forces us to do so. Lysol wipes or antibacterial after works just fine & most of ours are over the phone Most of the "upgrades" cost an arm and a leg even with making payments (and possibly a contract).......
        Ohhhh! Nooooo! Don't like contracts. TY!

Comment

Many of our users have moved completely over to using contactless payments instead of swiping cards. The most obvious advantage during the pandemic is minimizing the potential for exposure, but since NFC (Near Field Communication) uses EMV technology as the backbone of those types of payments your payments are more secure as well.

I actually wrote an article that ISS published on the topic, so if you want to have a quick read you can find it on the ISS website here.

Hope that helps!
          Kevin Kerr
          Storage Commander Cloud Software
          k[email protected]
          Toll Free: 877.672.6257
          Direct: 951.867.4732

Comment

Thank you Kevin SC! I'll definitely check the article out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X