Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newly discovered annoying quirk with Storable payments

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Newly discovered annoying quirk with Storable payments

    Just ran a batch of autopay cards (which for some reason is now taking twice as long as it previously used to with our former card processor) and had a message I've never seen before - it said one of the cards processed but the SiteLink transaction failed - said to enter it as an offline payment. The problem is, you can't enter an authorization code when you pull up the tenant's autopay card under "Credit Card Manual" (where you can select the card on file). You have to go under "Offline Payment" and there is no ability to select the card on file. And since they decided to bar even the owner-level security level from seeing the full card number, I now I have to bother the tenant to get the full card number from them over the phone.

  • #2
    So far I have had one tenant charged twice according to their bank account, but it only shows up as one payment in SL. How do I remedy that?!
    And I am getting some really weird Applied Credits that are confusing me to no end.
    Some bugs in the system somewhere...
    In Storable's favor, that's only 3 errors in 600 payments so far.

    Comment


    • #3
      All you need is the last 4 numbers with a * first. Then enter the offline code and it'll save to the account.
      MamaDuke

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post
        All you need is the last 4 numbers with a * first. Then enter the offline code and it'll save to the account.
        Thanks! I'll try that next time if this happens again.

        Also, are any of you able to process over 100 autopays at a time or process over 100 notices? For years, I've had to do both in batches of 100 max because any time I had more than 100 selected, the process would fail after only 30-40 or so. I even had one batch of 100 autopays this morning fail after it looked like each one was processing correctly. Every one failed. Had to close and restart SiteLink and then all was well again.

        Comment


        • #5
          So after getting an automated email from Storable Payments this morning, I went to the MyHub CCC>Payments>Transactions and took a look around. There is a lot of pretty accessible info there and an easy way to send a Refund if needed. That's the most research I have done into payments and it was pretty quick. Seems like a very well integrated payment system so far...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by helenatim View Post
            So after getting an automated email from Storable Payments this morning, I went to the MyHub CCC>Payments>Transactions and took a look around. There is a lot of pretty accessible info there and an easy way to send a Refund if needed. That's the most research I have done into payments and it was pretty quick. Seems like a very well integrated payment system so far...
            Yes, forgot to mention that earlier. I went there after my batch of 100 failed just to be sure none of them actually processed.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RMRSS View Post

              Thanks! I'll try that next time if this happens again.

              Also, are any of you able to process over 100 autopays at a time or process over 100 notices? For years, I've had to do both in batches of 100 max because any time I had more than 100 selected, the process would fail after only 30-40 or so. I even had one batch of 100 autopays this morning fail after it looked like each one was processing correctly. Every one failed. Had to close and restart SiteLink and then all was well again.
              I have been doing 100 at a time because my server only allows 100 email receipts to be sent a time. I did have one batch fail this morning after the first 7 batches went through. So I restarted SL and they are all going through now.
              I also have this feeling that sometimes a bad cc number in the batch will crash the process. It seems like it often crashes at the same tenant. So I have tried removing that bad cc from autopay.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post
                All you need is the last 4 numbers with a * first. Then enter the offline code and it'll save to the account.
                Does this work if a tenant rents a second unit to add that unit to autopay??

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by helenatim View Post

                  Does this work if a tenant rents a second unit to add that unit to autopay??
                  Normally what I do if a current autopay tenant is renting an additional space is to complete their rental without taking a payment, then I go through Operations > Payments, select the new unit under "Apply To" at the top left, then select their existing card on the top right under "Cards On File". Then when I proceed to make the payment, it will prompt you to set the card up for autobill on that unit. The only issue? You have to know the CVV number, and SiteLink doesn't let anyone (even with owner level permissions) see that. Because of this, I always record autopay card CVV numbers in the tenant's "other" info.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by helenatim View Post

                    Does this work if a tenant rents a second unit to add that unit to autopay??
                    No. You still need the whole card number for that. It only works for offline payments.
                    MamaDuke

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RMRSS View Post

                      Normally what I do if a current autopay tenant is renting an additional space is to complete their rental without taking a payment, then I go through Operations > Payments, select the new unit under "Apply To" at the top left, then select their existing card on the top right under "Cards On File". Then when I proceed to make the payment, it will prompt you to set the card up for autobill on that unit. The only issue? You have to know the CVV number, and SiteLink doesn't let anyone (even with owner level permissions) see that. Because of this, I always record autopay card CVV numbers in the tenant's "other" info.
                      Unfortunately, SiteLink/Storable has now removed this feature. I've had two existing tenants recently add an additional unit and I could not get their existing card's autopay info to automatically apply to the new unit. So I just emailed SiteLink support and they replied:

                      In response to your question with the changes that have happened you will need to input credit card information for each unit that a tenant rents through ledger settings. Once a card is stored it will stay on-file for future billing. If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to reply to this email.
                      This is definitely a backwards step in user-friendliness. So not only are "owners" not able to access full card numbers anymore in order to manually transfer the info, but now SiteLink won't even do it.

                      Comment

                      Latest Topics

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                      X