Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 SiteLink issues

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3 SiteLink issues

    Anyone else experiencing these issues?

    Issue # 1: Verify AVS not working
    Under a tenant's Ledger Settings > AutoBill / Edit, when clicking the Verify AVS button, nothing happens. Was just working fine a couple days ago.

    Issue # 2: Searching for a current tenant by last name in Lead to Lease often doesn't show them in the search results
    Operations > Lead to Lease > Add > Lookup Existing. For some tenants, they won't show up if I just fill in the Last Name field, but if I enter their first name too, it will find them.

    Issue # 3: Map is EXTREMELY slow/laggy
    Almost unusable now. Never been this bad before. We're on a practically brand new Windows 11 i5 system, so I doubt it's our computer that's the issue. Sometimes it will zoom smoothly and I can click and drag to move around the map smoothly for a few seconds, but then I go to move it again or zoom and it takes like 5 seconds to respond.


    storable-support

  • #2
    #: I noticed that too. However, AVS is full of bugs at this point. My report shows almost 200 mismatches but my reminders section shows 6. When I go to check the report, is when it shows the 200. I have reached out to everyone of those tenants and verified their billing address and they all either updated or confirmed I had it correct, yet SL kicks it back. Storable support stated they are working on a fix for that...which I hope is soon because of the cost difference.

    #2: It's been a while since this has happened, but yes, I've experienced it too.

    #3: I don't ever use the map for anything because it's so outdated and clunky, so I can't give an experience with the latest issue with it.
    (I did go ahead and open it and it def lags while zooming. Reminds me of the graphics on Organ Trail)

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by AngelaESSTX View Post
      #: I noticed that too. However, AVS is full of bugs at this point. My report shows almost 200 mismatches but my reminders section shows 6. When I go to check the report, is when it shows the 200. I have reached out to everyone of those tenants and verified their billing address and they all either updated or confirmed I had it correct, yet SL kicks it back. Storable support stated they are working on a fix for that...which I hope is soon because of the cost difference.

      #2: It's been a while since this has happened, but yes, I've experienced it too.

      #3: I don't ever use the map for anything because it's so outdated and clunky, so I can't give an experience with the latest issue with it.
      (I did go ahead and open it and it def lags while zooming. Reminds me of the graphics on Organ Trail)
      I've used the AVS verification all the time for months now - this is the first time it's not worked. As for the map, I use it daily - very helpful for a large facility to get a birds-eye view of the units. One of the main use cases is when a tenant calls for a second unit and asks what we have open close to their existing unit. I simply open the map and with a glance can give them the various options. It would be a shame if this sudden slow down in the map doesn't get fixed.



      Comment


      • #4
        1. AVS not working. But its been an issue for a few months.
        2. Lead to Lease. Never tried this, so don't know.
        3. I always use the Map. Its the first thing I check daily for a visual of available units. And its working fine on my system today.
        One of my main uses for the map is to make extra units temporarily unavailable. I will sometimes hold side-by-side units off the market in case a new tenant needs two units. And I never show more than 2 or 3 units available in each size on the website in order to create urgency. I also like to rent all the units closer to the gate first, so distant units are often marked as unrentable until needed.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by helenatim View Post
          1. AVS not working. But its been an issue for a few months.
          2. Lead to Lease. Never tried this, so don't know.
          3. I always use the Map. Its the first thing I check daily for a visual of available units. And its working fine on my system today.
          One of my main uses for the map is to make extra units temporarily unavailable. I will sometimes hold side-by-side units off the market in case a new tenant needs two units. And I never show more than 2 or 3 units available in each size on the website in order to create urgency. I also like to rent all the units closer to the gate first, so distant units are often marked as unrentable until needed.
          Strange how I had no issues with the AVS verification (literally used daily at least 2-3 times) until yesterday. However, I used it once this morning successfully (didn't work at all yesterday for the 4 times I tried it).

          You've never looked up an existing tenant in Lead to Lease to make a reservation for them? How do you normally go about doing this then? I don't know of any other way to do it.

          Well I'm glad your map is working fine. Like I said, I can click and drag to move around the map really smoothly for a few seconds, then all of a sudden I click and drag again and it freezes for a few seconds. Same with zooming. Even just restarted my computer this morning because the internet was hung up for some reason - restarting fixed the internet but SiteLink map still slow.

          I should've mentioned a 4th issue - eSign Lease. For some reason the first required signature field takes FOREVER to pull up the signature box most times. I have to click on it many times (waiting a few seconds between each click) before it comes up. The rest of the fields don't do this.

          Comment


          • #6
            I always wondered why operators used the map and you guys explained it beautifully! We have a big site map framed on our wall so if we didn't have that, I'd be using SL map. We're not a huge facility at about 600 units
            AVS with it telling us wrong info has been months. However, you're correct with the verifying in the tenant ledger. That function just went down about 2 weeks ago.

            Comment


            • #7
              "You've never looked up an existing tenant in Lead to Lease to make a reservation for them? How do you normally go about doing this then? I don't know of any other way to do it."

              I don't think I used Lead to Lease at all until this year. If they made a Reservation, I would click on the Reservation on the Map, then call or text and close the deal. I am guessing I probably missed a few Leads over the years!! Currently, most potential renters either make a Reservation or do the Move-in thru the website, so I don't have much to do. I have been trying to check Lead to Lease a little more this year, but its not the smoothest system.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by helenatim View Post
                "You've never looked up an existing tenant in Lead to Lease to make a reservation for them? How do you normally go about doing this then? I don't know of any other way to do it."

                I don't think I used Lead to Lease at all until this year. If they made a Reservation, I would click on the Reservation on the Map, then call or text and close the deal. I am guessing I probably missed a few Leads over the years!! Currently, most potential renters either make a Reservation or do the Move-in thru the website, so I don't have much to do. I have been trying to check Lead to Lease a little more this year, but its not the smoothest system.
                Oh, I was referring to tenants who call us up to make a reservation. Of course, if they do it online or through our call center (XPS) then it's a non-issue.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by AngelaESSTX View Post
                  I always wondered why operators used the map and you guys explained it beautifully! We have a big site map framed on our wall so if we didn't have that, I'd be using SL map. We're not a huge facility at about 600 units
                  AVS with it telling us wrong info has been months. However, you're correct with the verifying in the tenant ledger. That function just went down about 2 weeks ago.
                  Yeah, but that wall map doesn't update automatically every time you rent a unit, move a unit out, reserve a unit, or make one unavailable. Unless you do like my first boss did back in 2004 when I first started in storage and used little colored dot stickers on the map to indicate vacant vs. rented/unavailable units But of course you had to do that manually every time a change occurred and still couldn't tap on a unit to reserve it / move in / move out / make a note, etc. like you can do with the SiteLink map. But one advantage a wall map has is it's much easier to show tenants their unit location!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hi RMRSS - You'll want to contact support at 919-865-0789 Option 2​ to get a bug report created for Forum and for help troubleshooting Blogs Home is a known issue that we are working on. -Lyndsey H
                    Last edited by storable-support; 8 September 2022, 04:51 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by storable-support View Post
                      Hi RMRSS - You'll want to contact support at 919-865-0789 Option 2​ to get a bug report created for Forum and for help troubleshooting Blogs Home is a known issue that we are working on. -Lyndsey H
                      Can you fix the links please?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by storable-support View Post
                        Hi RMRSS - You'll want to contact support at 919-865-0789 Option 2​ to get a bug report created for Forum and for help troubleshooting Blogs Home is a known issue that we are working on. -Lyndsey H
                        I'm confused. Which one of the issues I mentioned are you saying is the known issue, which one needs to be bugged, and which one needs to be troubleshooted?

                        Comment

                        Latest Topics

                        Collapse

                        • Jblake
                          Reply to Creating a No Rent List
                          by Jblake
                          A “DO NOT RENT LIST” is a feature offered in Storage Commander software and to the best of my knowledge it is the only storage management software that offers this....
                          Today, 02:34 PM
                        • Jblake
                          So this is a HUGE problem…anyone else dealt with this?
                          by Jblake
                          So here’s some background…
                          A facility here in Las Vegas was bought about 4-5 months ago with a grip of problems. The main ones being that the spaces were rented to friends under fake names like Ryne Oceros (Rhinoceros) or worse yet, to no names whatsoever. So there are full units with...
                          Today, 02:28 PM
                        • ckpa11
                          StorageSense - own or manage?
                          by ckpa11
                          Does anyone have knowledge of StorageSense? Are they storage owners or a management outfit? In our area 2 facilities now bear their name and I have just seen another with a their banner over the facilitiy sign. All of these facilities were owned by separate people. Just trying to find about them since...
                          Yesterday, 11:15 PM
                        Working...
                        X