Switched to Storage Commander.. What a nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switched to Storage Commander.. What a nightmare

So I switched to storage commander software a few months ago and my experience has been a total nightmare. Its suppose to be a web based software but they actually have 2 software versions. One is a computer based version that you load onto your local computer which links up to their cloud and the other is totally web based. You cannot take credit card payments on their computer based version unless you pay extra for a credit card reader which I do not do because I have multiple locations and it would require multiple credit card readers. So I am stuck with the web based version. I have had so many problems with this software. I can't sell merchandise because if I try to add a lock it charges the customer over $9000 dollars, it constantly calculates the paid through dates wrong, I can't do a move out if the customer has a balance on their account, I can't do a move in if they are an existing customer, if you edit a phone number it will display the old phone number that you previously deleted, it has charged customers credit cards but not complete the move in, it will not let you remove late fees when taking a payment. For the longest time I couldn't even move a customer in unless the customer was paying the exact amount due. I find myself constantly switching back and forth between the two different software versions because some stuff works on one version and not the other and vise versa. My experience with their tech support has been terrible. You submit a help ticket and it could be a week or two before you hear anything back. If it has to go to "engineering" its seems like a black hole where nothing gets resolved. I have had help tickets open since pretty much they day I started using the software that are still not resolved 3 months ago. I tried to dump this software and move on and was told I am locked into a 1 year contract and must keep the software. I can't wait for my year to be up so I can move on. I'm don't know what they have for tech support but it seems they need to hire some people who can actually fix their software issues, as I don't feel its anywhere close to being a product that they should be selling.

Good information to know, thank you.

Comment

Ouch! Sounds like a nightmare! Cut your losses and get started with a new company. There are several good ones out there. Good luck!

Comment

Storman & sailorsmom3 are 2 that I kno0w use the product. I'm so sorry you're having a rough time with them, but maybe these 2 can offer some help?

Comment

I used them briefly in 2011, and I personally would NEVER use them again.
          MamaDuke

Comment

Question, do you have to keep the software or just keep paying for it?

Aren't contracts typically bilateral, expectations from both parties to perform?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselrealtor View Post
              Question, do you have to keep the software or just keep paying for it?

Aren't contracts typically bilateral, expectations from both parties to perform?
              I have been wondering that myself. They did give me a couple months free for my troubles but it hasn't gotten any better in the couple months. I just want software that works. This is the second software company that I have used that can't seem to do the most basic tasks.

Comment

Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post
                I used them briefly in 2011, and I personally would NEVER use them again.
                I wish I would have known that before I used them. I actually searched this site for feedback before I went with them and didn't see anything negative.

Comment

They were bought out a few years back by a payment processing company…that my explain much. Good luck in all..

Comment

I was strongly considering switching to them but I couldn't get over their 'cloud' software. It was such a horrible interface and clunky when I demo'd it. Glad I didn't make the switch.

They used to have a rep on the board here that posted all the time, but he left the company and I don't think anyone else from the company posts here.

Comment

Yikes! That's terrible. We've been fairly happy with Easy Storage Solutions.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Bubba
                        A customer calls 5 minutes until closing time....
                        by Bubba
                        A customer calls us 5 minutes before closing time needing a unit tonight. (First red flag.) We did have some units available. Their kid is moving that night. I explain to her the rental process, collect her data, etc. Two things left to do. Send me her ID and sign the lease. For the life of her...
                        Today, 05:58 PM
                      • Bubba
                        Reply to So this is a HUGE problem…anyone else dealt with this?
                        by Bubba
                        .This is why due diligence is so important before buying. As a buyer, one of my biggest concerns is fake accounts being created to boost the numbers.

To answer your question, follow your state lien laws. I would probably take an extra step and consult with a self storage attorney just...
                        Today, 05:52 PM
                      • Jblake
                        Reply to Creating a No Rent List
                        by Jblake
                        A “DO NOT RENT LIST” is a feature offered in Storage Commander software and to the best of my knowledge it is the only storage management software that offers this....
                        Today, 02:34 PM
                      Working...
                      X