PTI Suddenly Deleted All Zero's at the Beginning of Gate Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTI Suddenly Deleted All Zero's at the Beginning of Gate Codes

This morning we had several tenants who couldn't get into the facility. After some trial and error, find out that in StorLogix cloud, all tenants who had a zero as the first # in their gate code had the zero disappear.

The correct gate code (with zero) still shows in storEDGE, however, in PTI StorLogix, the software won't even accept the zero if manually adding it (for example, I go to the tenant and add the zero back in making the GC 012345, it saves it as just 12345.

Is this a system wide change/problem, or just our facility? Wanted to see if others had this problem today.

(Oh, and a few weeks ago StorLogix magically deleted someone's gate code (regular tenant who is in and out all of the time), for no reason. I truly dislike PTI).

We had the same thing happen several years ago, we had to change all of the codes to start with anything instead of a 0. The reason why was someone else's problem, mine was dealing with tenants.
    "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
    Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
    Always sunny in California

Comment

I ran PTI for several years and if my memory serves, you could have a 0 at the start of a gate code, but the PTI system does not recognize it. So, you could setup 0123 in your management software, but Storlogix would only see it as 123. Perhaps this has now changed though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jblake
        Reply to Creating a No Rent List
        by Jblake
        A “DO NOT RENT LIST” is a feature offered in Storage Commander software and to the best of my knowledge it is the only storage management software that offers this....
        Today, 02:34 PM
      • Jblake
        So this is a HUGE problem…anyone else dealt with this?
        by Jblake
        So here’s some background…
        A facility here in Las Vegas was bought about 4-5 months ago with a grip of problems. The main ones being that the spaces were rented to friends under fake names like Ryne Oceros (Rhinoceros) or worse yet, to no names whatsoever. So there are full units with...
        Today, 02:28 PM
      • ckpa11
        StorageSense - own or manage?
        by ckpa11
        Does anyone have knowledge of StorageSense? Are they storage owners or a management outfit? In our area 2 facilities now bear their name and I have just seen another with a their banner over the facilitiy sign. All of these facilities were owned by separate people. Just trying to find about them since...
        Yesterday, 11:15 PM
      Working...
      X