So, we have a silent alarm, which I did not know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, we have a silent alarm, which I did not know

I think our keypad is glitchy, maybe from the rain.

We kept having a beep sound during the middle of the day for one of our zones. The only thing that stops it is to enter your code like you're disarming the alarm panel, even though it disarms itself at 0500.

So, I enter my code and lock up the office to go and make sure all of the sensors are clear and that's what's not making it beep, when THREE police cars show up. They say my silent alarm (WTH, I have one?) went off and that zone 6 was the alarm. Zone 6 is the office glass, which was obviously intact and I was out in the parking lot, but I reassured them I was okay and wasn't under duress and they did a walk through to make sure.

I called the alarm company and they were baffled as well but helped me reset the alarm panel. *crossing fingers*

Fun morning..lol. But I was super impressed on how quick the police were and how understanding.
    "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
    Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
    Always sunny in California

Am I understanding that the zone beeps while disarmed, but only Alarms the police when the system is armed?
    Beeping while disarmed is usually a trouble code alert, especially if you can stop it by entering the arm/disarm code. It almost sounds like a bad glass break sensor, or connection if hard wired. It may need a new battery if wireless, but that's usually just a trouble code without an alarm. Might be able to adjust the sensitivity down a bit if possible. Same applies if they are contact sensors, except for sensitivity. Our office is about fifty feet from a major street. The big trucks and thumping subwoofers from the deaf drivers vibrate our windows (and the building) pretty good as they drive by. At my previous company, our monitor service would sometimes accidentally dispatch the police for trouble code alerts instead of just calling me.
    " I always wanted to be somebody, but I see now I should have been more specific ".

Comment

Originally posted by Hilltop_Bob View Post
      Am I understanding that the zone beeps while disarmed, but only Alarms the police when the system is armed?
      Beeping while disarmed is usually a trouble code alert, especially if you can stop it by entering the arm/disarm code. It almost sounds like a bad glass break sensor, or connection if hard wired. It may need a new battery if wireless, but that's usually just a trouble code without an alarm. Might be able to adjust the sensitivity down a bit if possible. Same applies if they are contact sensors, except for sensitivity. Our office is about fifty feet from a major street. The big trucks and thumping subwoofers from the deaf drivers vibrate our windows (and the building) pretty good as they drive by. At my previous company, our monitor service would sometimes accidentally dispatch the police for trouble code alerts instead of just calling me.
      Yeah, it disarms automatically at 5 am, so theoretically should not beep. Oh, battery! I'll bet that's what's going on-thanks for the idea!

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinCali View Post

Yeah, it disarms automatically at 5 am, so theoretically should not beep. Oh, battery! I'll bet that's what's going on-thanks for the idea!
        Bummer-it's hard wired, no battery. The door glass sensor shouldn't have gone off at all though, that's what's so puzzling. I wasn't even IN the office.

Comment

Bummer-it's hard wired, no battery. The door glass sensor shouldn't have gone off at all though, that's what's so puzzling. I wasn't even IN the office.
          Yes, very puzzling! Especially if the alarm company is baffled. Unfortunately, it sounds like a truck roll is in your future. Too bad you cant just disable that zone for the time being. Given all the variables I could keep speculating, but a good technician on site should be able to figure it out pretty quick.
          " I always wanted to be somebody, but I see now I should have been more specific ".

Comment

Our tech is coming out today-thank goodness. What's worse is the alarms went off at 1:28 am, 3:32 am and 4:30 am that night/early morning. I was exhausted on Frid-Sat.
            Last edited by KrisinCali; 28 March 2023, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Our tech is coming out today-thank goodness. What's worse is the alarms went off at 1:28 am, 3:32 am and 4:30 am that night/early morning. I was exhausted on Frid-Sat.
              Hope it's an easy fix! You must be exhausted...probably should have just slept in the office .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X